How would you play this shot?

I'd take something like a 7 iron and play the low hook around the tree. Dangerous? Sure. But I've spent enough time in the trees that the only "shaped" shot I really feel comfortable with is a low hook.

I either try to hook it or I take a 5 iron and go dead aim with the ball back in my stance.

Punch out advancing as close to the putting surface as possible. Work at the up and down

It's not the wise decision but I'm going for the green with a hooded 9i and play the hook.
History has shown that I will over hook it and end up in the trees on the opposite side of the fairway with another tough decision.

Dead aim. 5 iron with the ball a little back in my stance and punch the life out of it. Worst case senario i end up in the bunker best case runs through the bunker and ends up on the green.

This but attempt to draw.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

I would play a safe punch out, and play a full wedge from about 100 yards, depending on punch.

I would aim straight at the pin. Then after hitting a tree, I would hopefully have a better shot.

hahaha I like that. Funny Hopefully didnt bounce back and catch you lol.

Round is going good = punch out play smart and move on

Round is going bad = go for it maybe it can change my luck

this was my logic too.

at 146 I would club up press my hands forward and go right at it. Makes for an awesome low ball flight that will stop on a dime.

Depending on how the round was going, I would most likely hood the 7 iron for the hook around the tree.
If it didn't feel real comfortable, then it's a little punch out and try to get up and down.

I'd probably take an 8 iron a little open and try and slice it around. I *should* punch it out with my 4 hybrid.

I would go straight at it with as much loft as I think will stay under the 2nd tree. I can't hook a wedge as much as Bubba to try the hook.

Id punch out and try to get up and down for the par. The risk is to great for m to try either of the other plays.

Would it make a difference to anyone if instead of stroke play, it was match play? Do you still go for it? Do you still play the safe shot? Your opponent hit his tee shot OB and you are hitting your second shot and he is hitting four. Or, Your opponent hit his drive just short of the bunker and you have to make something happen.

Would it make a difference to anyone if instead of stroke play, it was match play? Do you still go for it? Do you still play the safe shot? Your opponent hit his tee shot OB and you are hitting your second shot and he is hitting four. Or, Your opponent hit his drive just short of the bunker and you have to make something happen.

Haha great question. If I had the lead on the hole by 2 then I would probably punch out but I trust myself to hit that shot if I needed to make something happen...after all in match play you have to find a way to win that hole and expect the lowest score from your opponent.

What's over the green? Chances of being able to hit low enough to get through but high enough to get over the bunker and stop is slim. I'd pitch out to the right and leave a 100 yards then hope for a one putt.

If there was bunker short of the pin, I'd hit 5 iron thru the tree. But since there is one, I'd probably hit a 7 iron around the tree and do my best to hook it. As long as I hit the green, it's a good shot.

I would take my m4 and play it way back in my stance aiming to the right side about 15 yards and play a low running fade. Hoping to miss the bunker on the left probably would hit it a tad soft and just leave a chip shot in.

I like to think that I would take my medicine and chip out to the right as far as I can get it past that second tree.

But I'm probably going for it and hitting that first tree and ducking out of the way.

That is me too for sure. HA HA. That is why my handicap is so high. It's getting harder to duck out of the way as I get older, so I'm going to have to start punching out one of these days before I really get hurt.:beat-up:

As a lefty, grip down a 6 or 7, ball back of stance, aim to punch out to 80, 90 with a bit of cut, leaving a pitch in. I'm no Bubba!

I relish this shot so I always aim for these situations... not... BUT, I can play the low running hook, so a choked down 3/4 swing with a 4 Iron would be my call. IF it doesn't hook enough, I'm in a position to chip up from just right of the green with no worries about the trap. If it hooks too much, then I'm playing from the sand. If it's just right, it's a GIR and bragging rights at the bar about the amazing shot. It should depend on your abilities on how you play. I KNOW a friend of mine would not think twice about cramming it through the opening and wind up chunking it, clanking off the tree and probably wind up across the fairway behind another tree. and will try and play through a keyhole from there as well. Wind up taking an 8 or a 10 and cursing about what a bad break he got... He still hasn't recognized that; 1- I am head and shoulders above him in ability and can play from these places quite often. And 2; that I don't ALWAYS play from them. I will knock it out to someplace where I can have a good shot in and hope to get close to par or bogey at the worst.

It's the old risk/reward issue. if there had been water, or thick woods to the right, I probably would not go for it. I'd play out to 100 yds or so in the right side of the fairway and play in from there.

I am going for the hook on this one. Get near the front of green lucky and hit green or just maybe, stick it!

We won't go in to other possibilities:act-up:

50yd slice

Winter rules. I'd improve my lie a little.

I'd probably punch it out with a 5i to in front of the bunker and then pitch onto the green.

I'm always temped to punch one through the trees but in this case. In this case though, I don't like the chip over the bunker that I'd leave myself. I'd likely hit a 5i out into the fairway and leave myself a cleaner approach to the green.

Back