How would you play this shot?

I think I'd try a low 1/2-swing draw with a 5 iron to the right of the 2nd tree. Get out from behind the trees but put it in the short grass as close as I can to the green. I've found myself in that sort of position on many occassions due to errant tee shots and have alot of practice at getting out of that kind of trouble with low punch draw/fade action. :act-up: My 5 iron is my go-to stick for bail-out in these situations.

Lots of ways to skin this cat. I like the safe plays

Pitch shot sideways. No doubt.

Punch out advancing the ball as far as I could without going through fairway

I aim at the top left corner of the taller trees to the right and hook it in with probably a choked down 9 iron, maybe a PW depending on the lie. At worst, even if I don't get enough movement, I am on the right side of the green.

I think I would go with most everyone else. I would punch it out past that right tree into the fairway. With my luck if I went for it I would have the ball flying back at me from the first tree LoL.

I can't make a controlled fade or draw with my clubs, so I would probably use a 3 or 4I and put the ball back. Punch through the trees and shoot to hit the sand or run up if that lucky. Enjoy sand saves so either that or punch it with same club out to just right of the tree, depends how confident I'm feeling at the moment.

I'd play the 20 yard hook but I'd do it with a 6i/7i back in my stance and it would be a low running hook. My range session yesterday was all about punching out slices and hooks, fun to practice sometimes!

I'd probably hit a low running draw with an 8 iron just right of the tree, Best case scenario it lands just short and keeps turning up towards the pin, worst case scenario I'm just right and short and have a good shot at up and down, most likely scenario is just on the green with a chance to two putt for par.

Punch and play for bogey not triple bogey.

I wish I could do this low running draw you all speak of.

Round is going good = punch out play smart and move on

Round is going bad = go for it maybe it can change my luck

I'm going straight at it with an 8 iron. If i'm short i'm in the bunker which is fine and I won't go long with an 8. That's a nice hole.

if i was feeling good that day, i'd try to punch-hook it around and onto the green. if i was playing conservatively, i'd just pop it out to a yardage i'm comfortable with. if i was feeling lucky, i'd play straight at it.

Pitch out to the right and hopefully salvage a par. If that front bunker wasn't there I would consider pitching out and trying to run it up the the green.

Where is this Tad?

I can play the slice so I'd take the risk of doing it.

I'm punching out to the right of that tree, hopefully a little fade with the 5 iron and take my medicine.

I'd punch It out to the right and try to get up and down. If I hit a tree, I'm screwed

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Low running hook...definitely

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ide like to think a nice draw to riht side of green but thats a low perćentage shot for me,the next idea would be a strong grip PW pop shot through the gap sort of a low slice leaving me a lay up..but the shot ide choose (and i kid you not) would be a choke down 6 at the trees left side of green,i can fade a ball pretty well and slice at will so ide give that a go.,

6I back in the stance and I am hooking the beejesus out of that ball. Maybe a 1/10 shot for me to pull off completely. But I can usually get it up by the green in some fashion and not be worse off

Removed from the shot with time to think about, I might try to tap it out with a hybrid.

Unfortunately on the course I don't always make wise choices.

Back