How would you play this shot?

I can get an 8 iron up pretty quick. I'd go for the green.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Probly a wedge and try to clear the tree without getting to the green. If I'm feeling bold I might go for it with a 7 but that probly wouldn't end well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The key, for me, is "it's the 18th hole..." I would either putt or pitch and, by that time, it would be a foregone conclusion. As for the spruce...that is a 7 iron all day.

Depending on what's up in from of the green. I'd likely take an 8 iron over the right edge of the tree with a slight draw. Chip and a put if in a bit short.

5 hybrid aimed left with my oftentimes low slice. Should put me on the front of the green

I hammered a 9 iron and went just over the long branch on the right and ended up with this for bird.

I'd take an extra club, aim left, and play my patented slice maneuver :)

I would draw it for sure. Probably my most confident shape and it looks like there's room right.

How did you play it??

That would have been the perfect play. I do not have the skills to draw my irons on command.

I think I would aim right of the tree and try to hook an 8i

I'd use my putter, two putt and make him try to tie

160 yard 2 putt?

From the OP

You made your approach shot and you are on the fringe about 60 feet from the hole...after the fringe the green drops down about a foot for about 15 feet... then it's slightly uphill the rest of the way to the cup...

6iron draw around the closest tree and up/over the tree line. Plenty of room to turn it and looks like a decent area up there on the adjacent fairway for a miss if I push it out right

Looks like a good lie, so I should be able to get a bit of hook spin on it (my natural shot anyway)-so I'd go 8i just to the right and go for the green.

Kind of surprised nobody said they would chip out to the fairway.

Kind of surprised nobody said they would chip out to the fairway.

Everyone can do everything on the Internet, so there's no need to be conservative :)

I really would go left and play the fade/slice though. Just looks like too much fun to pass up trying it.

Back