Hunting - (Warning graphic photos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are applying for unit 61,63, and I think 59. I dont really remember off hand. I have them written down at home. Do you recommend any units I should apply for?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Awesome. Not too familiar with 59 for speed goats, but 61 and 63 are great areas. That whole Shirley Basin area in Carbon County is dang good really.

I usually stay up in NE/North Central WY (just cause that’s where my family and I are from up there in Buffalo) in areas 22 and 23. Can be pretty tough to draw out of state there with all the private in and around there. I think you guys are definitely on the right track with 59, 61, and 63. Douglas area has great antelope hunting too. Good luck! Excited to see how you guys do!

Any of you Rocky Mountain guys in here excited to do some shed hunting this spring? ‘Tis almost the season!

Any of you Rocky Mountain guys in here excited to do some shed hunting this spring? ‘Tis almost the season!
I really want to do this around the mountains out here. There are pretty large herds of Elk that roam freely and are protected in the big parks around Banff and Canmore.

Do it! I bet you’d get your hands on some sweet finds up there. If you do end up gettin out there, please share what you come up with!

This is from 2020, but are pretty representative examples of what the animals out there do:
zgKUdY9.jpg

CVNR1DV.jpg

This is from 2020, but are pretty representative examples of what the animals out there do:
zgKUdY9.jpg

CVNR1DV.jpg
Love it. You do much elk hunting up there? Bow or rifle? I imagine you probably can’t in Banff and those protected areas, but in surrounding areas? Bet there’s some bulls that’d measure out to be monsters.

Love it. You do much elk hunting up there? Bow or rifle? I imagine you probably can’t in Banff and those protected areas, but in surrounding areas? Bet there’s some bulls that’d measure out to be monsters.
It's a long, long wait to get any elk tags around Calgary. You can more easily get hunts on the military bases in the east of the province (cow only) and sometimes up in the northern parts of the province, but generally to get an elk you are 10-15 years minimum.

Awesome. Not too familiar with 59 for speed goats, but 61 and 63 are great areas. That whole Shirley Basin area in Carbon County is dang good really.

I usually stay up in NE/North Central WY (just cause that’s where my family and I are from up there in Buffalo) in areas 22 and 23. Can be pretty tough to draw out of state there with all the private in and around there. I think you guys are definitely on the right track with 59, 61, and 63. Douglas area has great antelope hunting too. Good luck! Excited to see how you guys do!
I will look into the Douglas units as well. I also have 9 points each for mule deer and elk, but only doing antelope this year.

It's a long, long wait to get any elk tags around Calgary. You can more easily get hunts on the military bases in the east of the province (cow only) and sometimes up in the northern parts of the province, but generally to get an elk you are 10-15 years minimum.
Wow! That’s wild.

I will look into the Douglas units as well. I also have 9 points each for mule deer and elk, but only doing antelope this year.

Awesome. We got some sweet Muley and elk country - we’re lucky!

115E8A25-2964-4623-A80A-073E2D3DA66A.jpeg
opening day dove season

Nothing like sweating your cajones off for what equates to a 10 piece nugget Happy Meal! Fun stuff.

41D695E5-4E28-4F59-8ED4-E0445CC05241.jpeg
It was 100 plus degrees in the field but we done good

A3F1751E-9F81-4A33-AFC0-B99C810A4872.jpeg
Ate good to

Whoa Nelly!!!! 2 big boys spotted on my new hunting patch in the lst 24 hours:

E19A0665-4890-4C5D-A36D-FA8EE53666A5.png
1DD61D63-0EAD-490B-96B5-0B74FD9108D0.jpeg

Went to my buddy’s farm this past weekend. Sighted in my muzzleloader and brought the crossbow. Sat in a deer stand two evenings. Saw 4 deer but they never left the edge of the woods and I was not comfortable with the yardage and the brush. Did get a shot at a coyote at 46 yards though.

2D344F1D-69B9-4741-B1D8-0577E9ECB67B.jpeg

Oh geez man. I just found out late yesterday that my buddy that sent me those photos was pranked by another friend. Evidently his other friend stole his SD cards and planted those photos on it. I don’t know whether to be mad, laugh, or cry…….

Oh geez man. I just found out late yesterday that my buddy that sent me those photos was pranked by another friend. Evidently his other friend stole his SD cards and planted those photos on it. I don’t know whether to be mad, laugh, or cry…….
Classic and wrong at the same time…kind of. 😂

that top one looks like the world record typical whitetail, so was surprised to see that one 🤣

Well, the hunting season has been open for 7 days now, and I have hunted 5 of them. 50km walked, 500m of elevation gain so far and only seen my cow moose once.
We were about 500-600m away from it across hill tops yesterday but could not close the distance to get a shot at her.
Went back today and low and behold there was a herd of elk kicking around - an animal that we have laughed at buying a license over as we had never seen them in the area. But here we are, 8 years of hunting this area later, we see this herd of elk. Add that to the 4-5 black bear we saw yesterday (never seen before), a snake (never seen in my life), and the other oddities that have happened so far, this season is stacking up to be one for the books.

Now I just need to get my moose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back