Hype that was confirmed for you?

I think it's rare on THP for something to be hyped undeservedly. Generally a good level of feedback to know what you're getting.
I have never had a successful club purchase without devouring the associated thread on here.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Uhhhhhhh there certainly was a number of years ago.

Oh ok, I guess I was thinking presently.

The only hype I'm aware of presently is the putter shafts.

Oh ok, I guess I was thinking presently.

The only hype I'm aware of presently is the putter shafts.
Well that too......lol. I saw another article on "the most important shaft in golf" in the last week. It wasnt from here obviously lol

Hands down the new 21 Apex. Love the forged feel but the AI face just goes. Mishits are great. Not as good as a GI iron but not as bad as an MB. The non AI faces feel quite pure.

I remember when the Pro V1 came out my uncle was raving about it compared to his old balls.

The UST PF V2. Love the colors and performance in both the regular, and HL.

A very inexpensive upgrade; I hope they do not get discontinued

OG apex irons

J40 Irons are up there...Trying to think what else comes to mind over the years...Rocketbladez were pretty interesting.

Recoils were one of my biggest personal surprises.

Piretti putters. I had heard the reputation they had but once I experienced one, I never wanted another putter (or at least I haven't yet).

W/S Cortex driver is up there too. Still gaming it and I can confidently say I've never driven the ball better. Looks good, sounds good and it just WORKS.

J40 Irons are up there...Trying to think what else comes to mind over the years...Rocketbladez were pretty interesting.

Recoils were one of my biggest personal surprises.

J40 I think is still my favorite Bridgestone club release to date. Top to bottom that line had some great options. I hit all of them and could have gone with an entire bag. Gamed the FWs, hybos and wedges for quite a while.

One that doesn't get a lot of hype here (or anywhere else) but has definitely surpassed it and then some for me - True Linkswear shoes. Most comfortable shoes I've ever golfed in.

Back