hyperloop? a new type of travel would you use it?

ohio_striker

striped it
Reaction score
Handicap
Just read an article and could be in operation carrying people in 2021. 750 mph in a tube 30 min from san fran to LA in 30 min also 30 minutes from DC to Ny city.

these are times from another article from Columbus ohio

• Cleveland – 12 minutes
  • Cincinnati – 9 minutes
  • Chicago – 30 minutes
  • Washington D.C. – 34 minutes
  • New York – 45 minutes
  • Orlando – 1 hour 21 minutes
  • Los Angeles – 3 hours 12 minutes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ne-debuts-future-tech-nevada-desert/84236120/

The sooner we get to autonomous travel the better.

That's pretty freakin impressive. I'd be down for travel like that.

Yeah I'd travel it. Might mean more trips to NY and FL for me if it ran up and down the east coast and stopped near my town.

I'd be down on long trips... but something just fun fun about driving a stick shift sports car along windy roads

yea but how safe will it be? only thing is if anything goes wrong everyone is dead FOR SURE

Sounds awesome. I would try it for sure.

35f91dc8a36df92efec0a8a31d12dd40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea but how safe will it be? only thing is if anything goes wrong everyone is dead FOR SURE

What happens if a plane crashes? Almost everyone dies. If I'm going to go out, 750mph means I'm probably not gonna feel it.

If this could get me to New York somehow that would be great.

Japan's "bullet train" lines are pretty safe. No deaths due to derailment and they've had around 10 billion people ride the system to date (according to Wiki). Now they only reach speeds of around 250 mph, but even at that rate derailment would be a nightmare so ... I'm thinking it's not as huge a concern as one might think.

And yet our state couldnt get the bullet train done.

What happens if a plane crashes? Almost everyone dies. If I'm going to go out, 750mph means I'm probably not gonna feel it.

very true...you can ride in the first passenger test lol

That whole 1% sales tax raise was just too much :rolleyes:

750mph though.. By the time you told them to shut up, you'd already be miles past them.

Japan's "bullet train" lines are pretty safe. No deaths due to derailment and they've had around 10 billion people ride the system to date (according to Wiki). Now they only reach speeds of around 250 mph, but even at that rate derailment would be a nightmare so ... I'm thinking it's not as huge a concern as one might think.

yea i am not even sure how they would derail when they are magnetic based they dont touch anything.

That whole 1% sales tax raise was just too much :rolleyes:

750mph though.. By the time you told them to shut up, you'd already be miles past them.

Yup...Sad really. Couple of organizations that were squeezed out of the construction decided to make sure that they paid groups to picket, protest and vote against. Sounds familiar.

Yup...Sad really. Couple of organizations that were squeezed out of the construction decided to make sure that they paid groups to picket, protest and vote against. Sounds familiar.

I hate organizations like that. Freakin clowns. I hope they eventually build one and the route goes right next to their HQ's.

Might be a silly question, but would there be any effect to the human body traveling that fast? I don't know what the limits are for the body to go at high speeds.

Just read an article and could be in operation carrying people in 2021. 750 mph in a tube 30 min from san fran to LA in 30 min also 30 minutes from DC to Ny city.

• Cleveland – 12 minutes
  • Cincinnati – 9 minutes
  • Chicago – 30 minutes
  • New York – 45 minutes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/...ne-debuts-future-tech-nevada-desert/84236120/

Yeah, but that doesn't include stops along the way, changing trains, lay overs. Ultimately it's not that much faster than flying.

I would have no issues about this. Question is how long from Detroit to Vegas...

Might be a silly question, but would there be any effect to the human body traveling that fast? I don't know what the limits are for the body to go at high speeds.

i dont think it would be anything. the body does have and effect with G forces but i doubt they would accelerate super fast or pull high G's going around corners it would be more gradual.

• Cleveland – 12 minutes
  • Cincinnati – 9 minutes
  • Chicago – 30 minutes
  • New York – 45 minutes

So, if I'm reading this correctly, they're developing technology to get people away from Ohiotopia faster? Makes sense. :alien:

Yep, it looks like Cali will be the first in the nation. Oh, wait... What's that? The train has to use existing Southern Pacific and Bay Area Rapid Transit (think DC's Metro) tracks in the Bay Area. Can you say bait and switch??

As long as the acceleration and deceleration were managed properly I would think that the human body wouldn't suffer any lasting effects. Now, I'm not sure what the long term effects of being inside a magnetic field for hours at a time would be though.

Yea I will stick to driving as I enjoy driving.

Hmmmm, so maybe since I can't convince the wife to move to NC, I could use this as a bargaining tool....Boston to NC in approx. 1 hour

Back