Hyundai Tournament of Champions (Spoilers)

But if the ball won't stay on the green in one spot they shouldn't have to play. You hit the green and it blows off before you can get there to mark it.

Well, it is an outdoor sport. You're always subject to luck of the draw. If it was unplayable from the start, it is one thing, because they shouldn't have been on the course to start with. I understand it got worse (and is worse today) as the day progressed.

From watching highlights, the weather was actually fine at the start of play.

50+ mph wind gusts on the high points of the course yesterday. that's not wind, that's a mini tornado

But if the ball won't stay on the green in one spot they shouldn't have to play. You hit the green and it blows off before you can get there to mark it.

Of course not. But it wasn't like that from the start (AFAIK). But they probably held off blowing the whistle too long and decided to cover their butts by cancelling the rounds.

New plan for round 1, sounds pretty exciting:

A_3I8YECIAACwE5.jpg

Looks like they are gonna at least delay if not just cancel it. There is some nasty weather there.

Looks like they are gonna at least delay if not just cancel it. There is some nasty weather there.

Just delayed it another hour. Pushed back to 9:30 local time.

Just delayed it another hour. Pushed back to 9:30 local time.

Ahh. That makes sense. I just turned it on. Didn't realize it was yesterday's round. Whoops. Haha

Ahh. That makes sense. I just turned it on. Didn't realize it was yesterday's round. Whoops. Haha

Yeah, let's hope the weather doesn't get worse or it might turn into a 36 hole tourney.

This doesn't bode well for the tournament of champions.

Sobel tweeted that if it is a 36 hole tourney, the winner doesn't earn an invite back. Not sure if that's true or not.

This event should just get cancelled. There are better places to start the tour season anyways

TTing

Sobel tweeted that if it is a 36 hole tourney, the winner doesn't earn an invite back. Not sure if that's true or not.

It's a freaking 30 player field. Absolutely no reason in my mind that even if a shot isn't hit today, they can't play 36 holes tomorrow and then play 18 holes on Monday to get a 54 hole tournament in the books. They were going to use a 2-tee start today anyways to make things faster, should be the same for all of the rounds.

It's a freaking 30 player field. Absolutely no reason in my mind that even if a shot isn't hit today, they can't play 36 holes tomorrow and then play 18 holes on Monday to get a 54 hole tournament in the books. They were going to use a 2-tee start today anyways to make things faster, should be the same for all of the rounds.

Yesterday was Thursdays round. Today is canceling Fridays round. 36 Saturday, 18 Sunday.

Edit: nvm. Hawaii always baffles me.

TTing

No yesterday was Friday's round. The first round. This tournament finishes on Monday.

Yesterday was Thursdays round. Today is canceling Fridays round. 36 Saturday, 18 Sunday.

Edit: nvm. Hawaii always baffles me.

TTing

I just want to watch golf.

I know the players don't like it but I love watching PGA pros battle those wicked elements. It makes for much more entertaining TV than watching guys putt for 80 percent of the telecast. Plus, when the temperature is in the teens here and there's a foot of snow on the ground, it does not warm my heart to watch them luxuriating in the warm sunshine with the announcers rubbing it in, telling us how gorgeous the weather is in Hawaii.

Please. It's why I like the weekends. Uninterrupted golf. Just hoping Mother Nature is nice enough to let them play.

Please. It's why I like the weekends. Uninterrupted golf. Just hoping Mother Nature is nice enough to let them play.

No kidding. I was so excited for yesterday, and that only lasted for a little while. I need some golf in my life.

Delayed another hour. Next announcement will be the last apparently. Either they'll play soon or not at all today.

So not 3:30?

Back