I actually remember going into the library and looking up the book I wanted in the catalog. Or doing a paper by using our encyclopedia set! 🤣

The good ole card catalog and using a Encyclopedia Brittanica set that was likely bought by my parents from a door to door salesman. The physical dictionary used to be a thing too that were couldn't do without. Those were the days. 😃

The good ole card catalog and using a Encyclopedia Brittanica set that was likely bought by my parents from a door to door salesman. The physical dictionary used to be a thing too that were couldn't do without. Those were the days. 😃
I still keep a dictionary in the house. 🤣

I have a vague memory of the milk man delivering glass bottles with paper lids on the front porch of our house. That lasted just a short time.

I have a vague memory of the milk man delivering glass bottles with paper lids on the front porch of our house. That lasted just a short time.
Frosty mornings and the lids blew and cat got the cream!!!

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

When in doubt, fill in the C bubble... hahahahaha

$1200 VCR with a remote that was wired to the unit. Programmed it (took a few hours) to watch TV through the VCR so we could change the TV channels with the VCR remote.

$1200 VCR with a remote that was wired to the unit. Programmed it (took a few hours) to watch TV through the VCR so we could change the TV channels with the VCR remote.

Ha ha.... classic!

I was 11 years old and watched this on the old black and white tv at home.

Moon.jpg

I still keep a dictionary in the house. 🤣

Same here. We have a few.

My kids used to use them to hold down the tips of blankets when they built a fort in the living room.

My first car was a 1976 Olds Cutlass and it had an 8 track radio. 350 V8 rear wheel drive. It is as a bucket but it was freedom.

We had milk delivery, into a milk chute that was beside the side door. Also had a bakery delivery service that brought bread and pastries weekly.

The beginning of mp3s

I'm 32 and played these religiously. This can't be excluding too large of a crowd, can it?

Have we defined what old is yet?

The average price of gas was .31 cents
Sometimes cheaper! I used to deliver pizzas in a 1971 Mustang Mach I 4-speed with a 351 Cleveland, 4:11 rear. Got about 7 miles to the gallon. Trust me, I was the fastest delivery guy in town!

1642460980772.png

Olds Cutlass was the best-seller in 1975 too...

1642461134332.png

You talking about your TV or your headgear? :)
We only have internet... No cable... So we use an antenna to get the basics.
We watch a decent amount of Frazier, Magnum PI, and Columbo on Cozy TV 😁

Fortran, COBOL or RPG ?

COBOL for the first one, then onto various iterations of Fortran IV, 66, 77….

A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back