I need some advice for a situation at work

Just wanted to give an update here:

I talked to my director and she took it to our boss. My coworker was called into the office and they handled it. She told our boss "they are my friends, and it's after the school year." Yikes.

She won't be finishing out the year and is going in Thursday to see if she will be allowed back next year.

I feel much better about everything. Thanks for all the help

That is scary that a teacher thinks that. She has a lot of maturing to do.

I drink with my friends. I don't teach them math and spelling.

She told our boss "they are my friends, and it's after the school year."

That's a problem...glad you said something. While her intentions are likely good, she obviously doesn't understand boundaries and appropriate adult/child behavior. This had the potential to end poorly. You may have saved her career.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Absolutely glad you said something. This had "issues" written all over it.

TapAhoy!

Really happy you said something. Way to step up and do the right thing

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad to see you took care of this. I hope your supervisor 's actions give you confidence in your choice. Clearly you did the right thing for all involved.

Happily Tapping though I prefer ballroom & Latin

You did the right thing. Her intentions may have been good, but times have changed. A kid so much as draws a gun and he'll be in the office talking to the school psychologist. You can't touch them, you say anything that can be misconstrued and you're in a world of trouble. Invite kids to your house? Either she's sick, naive, or just plain stupid. It's ok though, the district will just ship her to another school.

It's ok though, the district will just ship her to another school.

This is the scary part. When I was in 7th grade, a gym teacher was accused of sexual harassment of female students. He got transfered to the other middle school. 2 years later the same complaint was made. They transfered him to the high school. He was accused of having see with junior and senior year female students. Some of whom were legal age, others not... After that, they promoted him to dean of students.

This is the messed up world we live in. Image is so much more important than doing what's right, it's sickening.

Dan

This is the scary part. When I was in 7th grade, a gym teacher was accused of sexual harassment of female students. He got transfered to the other middle school. 2 years later the same complaint was made. They transfered him to the high school. He was accused of having see with junior and senior year female students. Some of whom were legal age, others not... After that, they promoted him to dean of students.

This is the messed up world we live in. Image is so much more important than doing what's right, it's sickening.

Dan

The power of the teachers union. My wife is a teacher, she's witnessed it many times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Back