I refuse to golf when . . .

Other than lightening, weather conditions wont stop me playing. However one thing that will stop me is if I know the clubs lady members have just tee'd off. I can not handle slow play and they are horrendous when there is two 4 or even 5 balls in front. Stopping to take selfies, sitting at the drinks stop and only getting up to tee off when the group behind has putted out and never allowing anyone to play through, BUT having the cheek to complain if they "think" they are being held up.

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

1. Heavy rain, I can deal with light rain.
2. Winds above 25 mph.
3. Temp below 38.

That's about it, I did play last fall when it was supposed to be 45 deg. It hit a high of 36 and water in the shaded bunkers was frozen. I hit a ball into a greenside bunker that bounced out like it hit the cart path.

If it's so cold I can't feel my hands I won't play. Other than that... game on!

Cold and rainy or cold and windy, I'm game for anything else.

I think the only time I refuse to golf is when temporary greens are in effect. I played all 12 months here in New England over the last year, which meant a few sub-40* rounds, and a few 95*+ rounds. The rain isn't a huge deterrent, unless it's coming down ridiculously hard

I will play in about any condition unless its unsafe or just unbearable. I feel like if I do not play frequently then I am not maximizing potential or my membership. I just love to play golf and sometimes when it sucks outside it makes i little bit more fun to play. I really enjoy the high wind days. Its fun trying to flight the ball low. Clubbing up 2,3 or even 4 clubs on a hole. Just the creativity. My list of conditions I would not play would be very small

It's raining (and it's not an outing)
It's below 40 degrees
I'm badly hungover (although it worked at Cog Hill-Dubsdread two years ago...81/net 70 with my awesome secret weapon Rhiona in the passenger seat!)

Heavy rain or under 38 degrees.... I won't play...

On the weekend unless it's before 7:30am. 3:30 rounds or bust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will play in about any condition unless its unsafe or just unbearable. I feel like if I do not play frequently then I am not maximizing potential or my membership. I just love to play golf and sometimes when it sucks outside it makes i little bit more fun to play. I really enjoy the high wind days. Its fun trying to flight the ball low. Clubbing up 2,3 or even 4 clubs on a hole. Just the creativity. My list of conditions I would not play would be very small

Wind is a blast to play in. I love not being able to just pull a club and make a stock shot.

For the most part, basically steady hard rain or cold below 40.

Wind is a blast to play in. I love not being able to just pull a club and make a stock shot.

It's really neat to see what kind of game you have and use shots you normally don't

The only thing that keeps me at home and my money in my pocket is when it's 100% temp greens, but luckily there are a handful of courses around here that stay open even when frozen solid.

I've yet to meet a weather condition that will keep me off the course when the courses are open.

Super high heat - 90+ with high humidity. Wind over 20 mph. Under 55 degrees.

There are zombies on the course. Dodging them screws up my pre-shot routine.

1. Temperature 40 and below or snow in the forecast.
2. Temperature above 95
3. If Leo, the slowest golfer known to humans, gets invited or shows up

It's more than a 6 hour round trip.

I love all the situations you guys hate, because it usually means the course is empty and it plays quick

Yep, at this point in the season I'm looking forward to a cool rain and the peace and tranquility that comes with it.

A torrential downpour is about the only thing stopping me. Otherwise, as long as I can still grip it and rip it, I'll play

Downpour or standing water. I hate playing golf on a muddy course

That makes me sad :(

If it's in a single day and I don't want to drive much more than an hour out unless it's a must play course or something like that.special events don't count.

Back