I think they made a mistake? What do you Say? Report: David Feherty's Golf Channel show is through after a decade.

Seems like another programming mistake to me.

What show is worth watching on Golf Channel other than live golf?

Wow wasn’t expecting this.

I would miss it too, but in TV, a 10 year run is a long one! This reminds me of something I heard about "Modern Family" When they were casting the show, they really wanted Ed O'Neill as Jay Pritchett. He told his agent to turn them down! Said they'd probably consider him an idiot, but he didn't want to do another half hour, having done "Married With Children"! His agent wasn't so sure. Kept telling him to keep meeting with these people, read the script, give it a chance. Finally he talked O'Neill into shooting the pilot.

Then the narrative shifts to Eric Stonestreet who played Cameron Tucker on the show. He gets a call from a number he does not recognize, but picks it up anyway. The voice says, "Eric?" "Yes". "It's Ed. I've seen the pilot. They called me in and screened it for me. If this show doesn't run for 10 years, then I don't know anything about this business!"

Well. they got 11 years out of it, so O'Neill's instincts were pretty good. 10 years is how long Big Bang lasted!

Golf Channel is dying, and honestly, maybe it’s time for it to. They’re pretty inept.

Sounds like they've brought in the same consultants who've been working with Wilson.

Golf Channel is dying, and honestly, maybe it’s time for it to. They’re pretty inept.
It's quite possible this is a tank attempt. NBC has already expressed interest in moving golf to NBC Sports. They could be looking for an excuse to shut the whole thing down.

It's quite possible this is a tank attempt. NBC has already expressed interest in moving golf to NBC Sports. They could be looking for an excuse to shut the whole thing down.
They’ve already gutted Arnie’s dream, they might as well. Other than live golf it’s been trashy for a minute.

Huge mistake in my opinion. Other than actual golf, Feherty was just about all I watched on Golf Channel.

Sad news. Aside from some actual golf Feherety was all I’d watch

It seems like the bean counter consultants are making all the decisions over there

That makes sense. Arnold can't be happy with this!

Sorry to see him going off air, haven’t watched a lot in past 3-4 years but when I have he always has high quality guests. I’d hate to see Golf Channel go as it provides my background entertainment while I am on THP, etc.

agreed. It has become a far cry to the network and dream Arnold Palmer had in it many years ago when he started it.

I don’t doubt that he was an expense they could live without. David’s funny but I thought he was a bit much at times. The show to me depended more on the quality of the guest and to be honest most golfers aren’t all that interesting. GC stopped being compelling to watch a long time ago.

I enjoyed watching the show from time to time, depending on who the guest was. The one with David and Tom Watson was very revealing about his past.

Stick a fork in Golf Channel - it's done.

10 years is a great run on TV but I still think they made a mistake canceling that show, still current content and one of their better shows

I can’t say that I ever watched a single episode of the show.

I think the last one I watched was Tom Watson.

Oh well. I forget I have the golf channel until there's a tournament I want to watch that isn't on network coverage.

I liked Feherty's different shows, although I can't say I saw very may of them. I would just catch a few them here, and there.

I really have not watched much of TGC since Kessler left.

I am not surprised. To me the past couple of years have been the least interesting Feherty's I have seen. Then again Golf Channel is a dumpster fire outside of the actual golf they show.

Back