I turned down a Masters ticket-am I crazy?

Not in your situation, no.
Excited Lets Go GIF

Nah, not worth it

For you? Nah probably not...for me? Insane I'm calling out dead

Another factor is that they just changed the PGA stop in central Connecticut to a signature event, so the top players have an incentive to come here!

Last minute invite for only Tuesday's practice round. Forecast is rain. Travel, lodging and cost crazy from Conneticut. I've been lucky enough to have gone to a few Masters so otherwise I would go. Still second guessing myself a bit.
Yes, you are nuts....never been and would love to go!

since you've been before then I can understand turning it down in that situation.

I wouldn’t say so…last min, cost involved and it is a practice round.

Would have done same thing since I’ve been to a practice round previously.
I don’t even put in for Mon- Tues in the lottery.

Even if it's first time, it's a Tuesday practice round, you gotta buy last minute tickets, pay crazy prices for hotels....can you even fly direct from Connecticut to Atlanta? Transit time is probably not fast

To watch dudes practice? This isn't Masters Sunday.

I'm out and i've never been to Augusta. You gotta get me weekend tickets to get MtlJeff out of bed
I’ve only been once, on Saturday, but I would 100 go back for practice round if given the chance. The place is just amazing. Everything about it.

I wouldn’t say so…last min, cost involved and it is a practice round.
It's funny, but practice rounds are harder to come by around here than the tournament rounds. Not sure why, but I always have people asking for practice round badges and have a tough time finding them.

Columbus Crew Wow GIF by Major League Soccer

If it's not your first time, practice round, and bad weather, you're not crazy for turning it down.

Yeah this close to the event and you having been there I would of done the same.

I am pretty much like the others, if you have been a few times, rain forecast, u made the right choice. Myself, i have never ben, i might have gone.....

I really like the practice round scene. I spend more time at that kind of stuff. That said I'm kind of a weather wuss these days so no you're not crazy. Lol
Like you, I prefer the practice rounds. Less people, guys are looser. I’ve been to a few Masters practice rounds and I really just wanted to see the course. AND I hate bad weather as well

If I were ever to go I would want to have both the time and resources to be able to do it stress free; this year is not the year for that so far.

Since you have been there before I don't think it is crazy to miss probably a rainy Tuesday costly trip.

They honor rainouts, which means you could go Wednesday for the par 3.

Why are you turning down the par 3?

Happy Excuse Me GIF

If you have been before, completely reasonable.

Practice rounds are certainly fun, but for The Masters, I’d want to be all in. Totally get it.

For me the answer is yes but thats only because I've never been. Since you have been already and its just Tuesday...I think its fine.

Last minute invite for only Tuesday's practice round. Forecast is rain. Travel, lodging and cost crazy from Conneticut. I've been lucky enough to have gone to a few Masters so otherwise I would go. Still second guessing myself a bit.
You didn't even offer it to me??? :cry:

Back