If You Could Be Tops In A Profession...Would You....

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
Want to be on the PGA Tour? Maybe a PGA teaching professional? Or a rock star playing in front of a 100,000 folks in stadiums? Top Surgeon? Top Lawyer? Senator? Run a giant Charity?

Soccer player. Help Villa win the Premier League, then England win the World Cup. Guaranteed hero status for the rest of my life!

#FiberLaunch

Good question....PGA would be pretty sweet....long career as you shift to the senior circuit, etc.

I'd say PGA or a second baseman in the MLB (preferably in front of my hometown crowd in KC).

EDIT: The geek in me would love to be a comic book writer....give me the control over a universe and let me run wild....

Pro Golfer or Pro Baseball player. Dream jobs for me.

NFL field goal kicker, get to hang out with the stars on your team and rarely get tackled, but it will happen occasionally. Should be a pretty long career if you stay healthy and keep a strong leg.

Soccer player. Help Villa win the Premier League, then England win the World Cup. Guaranteed hero status for the rest of my life!

#FiberLaunch

Coming in to say the same thing. Soccer player and help my club achieve greatness and lead USA to a WorldCup title.

I prefer to be the second Warren Buffet

PGA golfer? Of course. Longer career window than pretty much any other outdoor sport and potential for big money with less celebrity pressure (Tiger excluded, of course).

Imagine the old guy NFLers league. Yeah.

Coming in to say the same thing. Soccer player and help my club achieve greatness and lead USA to a WorldCup title.

Dang! You’d have to be a ******* good player for that to happen (says the guy who says he’d want to lead Aston Villa to a premier league title LOL)

#FiberLaunch

Want to be on the PGA Tour? Maybe a PGA teaching professional? Or a rock star playing in front of a 100,000 folks in stadiums? Top Surgeon? Top Lawyer? Senator? Run a giant Charity?

MLB Pitcher

Let's take Clayton Kershaw since he is tops in the profession. MLB contracts are guaranteed too.

He pulls in $35+M a year and only "works" at most around 33 days out of the season. Sure there is spring training, playoffs, offseason workouts etc but not a bad job to go out every 5 days and throw 7+ innings (and make $1M) and then just chill in between. With that much time off you could become a legit golfer in your own right.

I'd much rather get the MLB guaranteed money up front for 6-7 years than try and grind out that type of money weekly for the next 6-7 years like a PGA Tour pro.

Stick me on the largest stages in the world behind a monster drum kit touring the planet.
Then I could play almost any course in the world while on tour.

Hoisting the Stanley Cup or winning the MotoGP Championship or Dakar Rally on my KTM or Baja 1000
But being a Michelin Star winning Chef would be my dream job.

Stick me on the largest stages in the world behind a monster drum kit touring the planet.
Then I could play almost any course in the world while on tour.

I've got bass covered... Just need a guitarist and we'd have the absolute best 3pc in the world!

GolferGal already is : )

Now retired, I enjoyed my career and it provided a good living for my family as we raised our children. Life doesn't give you "do overs". If it did and I could go back, would probably look long and hard at the medical field. Over the years have had broken bones, passed numerous kidney stones, and other minor surgeries. Have always appreciated the professionals in the medical field when I really needed them. With our aging population and us old geezers living longer... we will need as many good professionals as we can find to keep us playing golf as long as the Good Lord sees fit.

Supreme Commander of the World would be my preference.

I would like to be the best lottery player.

Pro Cyclist....

Sometimes I think I'd like to be a billionaire top Surgeon so I could provide health care free of charge, with a giant staff of doctors for all types of ailments. "Hey, put that credit card away!" "Co-pay?...what co-pay?".

PRO Golfer or MLB since they have guaranteed contracts.

Sent from my Note 8 using Tapatalk

PRO Golfer or MLB since they have guaranteed contracts.

PatsFan...considering your name....you wouldn't want to be Tom Brady type of QB?

MLB pitcher. Guaranteed Salary,only work every 5 days or so with great seats for the rest of the games.

Top pediatric surgeon..........curing kiddos and getting to see them smile and laugh.

PatsFan...considering your name....you wouldn't want to be Tom Brady type of QB?
I love TB12 but NFL players body's are junk when they are done unless they were extremely lucky.

I'm thinking about quality of life after your done playing.

Top of the PGA tour please. Tiger was making what at his highest, $200mil a year? Yea I could work with that. Plus play golf at the greatest courses in typically the best weather throughout. Plus you can do it long term and end with endorsement deals. I love the competition aspect too in a sport much more than most other facets of life.

Back