If you could bring back one club from the past

NoShanks

Grandaddy 19 Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
What would it be?

For me, I would love to see taylormade burner 3 wood to come back today. That thing was the most fun and easiest 3 wood I’ve ever hit off the deck.

My Speedblade 7 iron. Was just automatic.

when you said past Im thinking something perhaps from at least 25 yrs ago or even more. I wouldnt exactly call or consider TM burner from about 10 all that much the past. Fwiw you can find them all over the web and ebay has very many. If you loved it so much and worked really well for you why not just get one and use it? Its not exactly ancient tech.

when you said past Im thinking something perhaps from at least 25 yrs ago or even more. I wouldnt exactly call or consider TM burner from about 10 all that much the past. Fwiw you can find them all over the web and ebay has very many. If you loved it so much and worked really well for you why not just get one and use it? Its not exactly ancient tech.

Sure, you can find anything anywhere but the point of this thread is to bring up nostalgia clubs from the past and open discussion on your favorite clubs.

It’s not super old, but I’d love a new xr16 with updated tech. Loved the sound and feel of that driver.

Sure, you can find anything anywhere but the point of this thread is to bring up nostalgia clubs from the past and open discussion on your favorite clubs.
Yes lol I understand. fair question and topic to ask of people. i dont really have one myself.
But i thought it very interesting to ask you about your club because you mentioned its the easiest 3w you ever hit and obviously love it and it is only about 10 yrs old. Interesting your not still gaming one or picking one up. I found that curious is all.

Nickent 4DX Hybrid.

Yes lol I understand. fair question and topic to ask of people. i dont really have one myself.
But i thought it very interesting to ask you about your club because you mentioned its the easiest 3w you ever hit and obviously love it and it is only about 10 yrs old. Interesting your not still gaming one or picking one up. I found that curious is all.

Ah the one I’m talking about is further back than that lol.

Attachments

• A5588636-21FB-4D85-B686-CA894DAF457D.png
    A5588636-21FB-4D85-B686-CA894DAF457D.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 12
It’s not super old, but I’d love a new xr16 with updated tech. Loved the sound and feel of that driver.

Agree. My son has my old XR16 driver and I have 3 of the the XR16 Pro 4 woods just in case something happens to the one in my bag. I’ll be playing that 4 wood for the next 5+ years old tech and all. It’s given me dozens of eagles from 230+ yards and I often hit it on our par 3 11th hole that was playing 228 Wednesday into a wind.

Agree. My son has my old XR16 driver and I have 3 of the the XR16 Pro 4 woods just in case something happens to mine. I’ll be playing that 4 wood for the next 5+ years I’m sure old tech or not.
Man - I had a 4wood and I kind of want to hunt one down. Loved that thing.

Titleist 905S with the Speeder stiff. I was playing a ton of golf then but no driver before or after has been as long and accurate for me.

The Billy Baroo

I really liked mine as well.

I see guys on the LD circuit are still using the heads.

Callaway RazrX hybrids. Still the easiest to hit hybrids I've ever played.

Callaway RazrX hybrids. Still the easiest to hit hybrids I've ever played.
Forgive me here but I know my conversation with the op was misunderstood as for year of the club he mentioned. But razrx would be a club from the past to bring back? Its a 2011 make from callaay which i almost bought before buying cobra amps. Are we really talking the past and clubs to bring back and applying this to an 8 yr old club? Ill ask the same question I mistakenly asked the Op. If they are the easiest hybs you ever hit why wouldnt you still be playing them or buying one? Are you playing something now thats harder to hit? I would ask why?

I'm going to go back to around 2000 for mine, the Original Steelhead 3W. This is the best 3W I have ever used bar none.

My old Callaway Warbird (knockoff) driver on the 50" shaft. (it was legal then)
I could pound that thing. Even from the fairway I could hit it almost 300 yards.

What would it be?

For me, I would love to see taylormade burner 3 wood to come back today. That thing was the most fun and easiest 3 wood I’ve ever hit off the deck.

You going to ask Doc Hock to remake that for you in Dec? :LOL::ROFLMAO:;)?

For me it would be the OG Cobra Baffler - love me some rails

If I could get some new and readily available indigo blue SM5’s in the grinds I want that would be nice.

I can think of three different clubs that I wish I had back sometimes. The first two would be the Cobra Fly Z+ driver and 3w. The next would be a Cleveland Launcher hybrid #3 that I had in the bag for many years.

Not that old, but the v-series heavenwood. Loved that sole.

What would it be?

Ya mean like this one?

tFI1rlD.jpg

I played this one for a long time. One of my favorite clubs in the bag.

I miss my Callaway FT Optiforce 440 driver. I'd be lying if I said I never put any on watchlist periodically.

Back