if you were given an opportunity to get a golf course membership anywhere in the world..

If money were no object and I could afford to travel back and forth at least once a month, I would go with the Old Course at St. Andrews. If it was and I needed someplace driveable, I would probably lean towards Sea Island Golf Club in St. Simons Island, GA.
St. Andrews is public. I don't think they have membership. You just need the dough!!

Probably sea island or fire keeper

It's only open for 7 months and they frown upon playing more than 10 or so times during that span.

Only 10 rounds each year at Augusta National? Oh, for shame...

Only 10 rounds each year at Augusta National? Oh, for shame...
I was thinking the exact same thing. What I wouldn't give to play one round there in my life..

Do we get it for free? Because there are a ton of courses that would be amazing but definitely can't afford those fees haha.

If it isn't free, I probably wouldn't choose anywhere because that's my only stopping point at the moment anyway haha.

If it was all fees covered, I'd probably logically pick somewhere at least semi close to me, so I can play a few times a month at least. Maybe either Firestone, or between Muirfield or Scioto in Columbus? Ultra logical I could pick Lakewood Country Club close by because I could play it all the time.

yeah, I'd have a hard time not picking Augusta. past that, there would have to be more research.

I was thinking the exact same thing. What I wouldn't give to play one round there in my life..

I mean, there are people that would be happy to play 10 rounds on any course each year. I would have to ponder it seriously, but I'd consider giving up golf on the course in exchange for those 10 rounds each year at ANGC. I'd definitely be a range rat and practice often to make sure I got my "money's worth" out of those 10 rounds, but I'd have to consider it.

I haven’t played a lot of private clubs in my state, let alone across the world so this is hard without personal knowledge of the location and membership.
Of the places I’ve played, Pasatiempo would be my first choice. Amazing course in a gorgeous location. It is public but I could only play that course the rest of my life and be content with that. Winters are a little cold and wet for me.

I would pick a course close to home, and being a NJ native I would have to go Pine Valley.

Pine Valley...it's local to some family and a membership there opens doors to anywhere

Coeur d' Alene

It's 15 minutes from my home so I could use it a lot.

The Hideaway; year round playing conditions in Palm Springs on two courses and comfort stations with all the amenities.

Also, easy access to The Nest ?

Augusta or Cypress Point. Any member there could get reciprocal play at almost any course they wanted. I would go Cypress Point.

Secession hands down. Augusta national would be for status, but secession is an epic southern experience and a lifestyle that I could get used to very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favourite in the UK would be Royal Birkdale and lots of great courses on its doorstep, pity about the weather?

Bent Tree in Dallas. My cousin is a member there and I have a blast every time I visit !!

Hideaway and it is not even close.
Year round golf in premium conditions and amazing views. Sign me up.

You’ve got a point with the year round golf. My first thought was Augusta as probably a lot of others are but it’s not open anywhere near round. I have a feeling with all the money and power that is there that I probably wouldn’t make a ton of friends there.

From what I’ve seen about the Hideaway via GD coverage the members there are great folks that love to golf. Getting to do that year round and hanging out with folks like that makes a lot of sense to me.

If forced to pick something nearby, I’d go Firestone. Muirfield Village is for sure more prestigious but there are 3 courses at Firestone. I love equidistant from the two for an intents and purposes. I also had the pleasure of playing Muirfield once and it’s not really my type of course. Target golf and insanely hard green complexes. Not the entire course but probably half the holes. It’s just too hard for my current level of ineptitude.

Caves Valley Golf Club. Now that they just announced the 2021 BMW Championship will be there next year, it would be fun to play on a PGA caliber course as much as possible. Plus, I definitely can’t afford the membership course right now!!

Augusta national.

Yellowstone Club in Big Sky. To be a member there I would have to own a home there. If I owned a home there I would own more than one home and likely have my own jet. And I could play anywhere, including the Yellowstone Club’s awesome course during the 2-3 snow-free months. Awesome skiing too, pow is never tracked out. ?

Back