If your current bag set-up was suddenly gone….?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
IF… your current bag/set make-up was suddenly gone (damaged, stolen, etc)… would you attempt to replace everything just as it was - or - make some desired or necessary changes…?

I would replace every single club as i have it now.

Id rebuild most of it.

Oh man... this is tough. I love my bag, but I may use it as an opportunity for new and shiny.

I would meet in the middle. I think learning more about my game has been important to me and I don't know if I would necessarily get every club the same but I'm sure there will be some similarities and some differences. I'll call it 5 new clubs and keep 9.

I would probably look at a lower spinning Driver. Everything else would be same

Envoyé de mon moto g 5G - 2023 en utilisant Tapatalk

New Shiney everything. I love a couple of my clubs, but have tried the newest in Cobra's lineup for them and I'd go with the new hotness.

I'd buy a completely different bag just because i like the change.

Maybe an all Cobra bag with their MBs and the Darkspeeds

I’d rebuild but would likely update my driver from last years Paradym ◊◊◊ to the AI Smoke ◊◊◊.

I just happen to have another full set of clubs in Minnesota that is identical except for the bag and I don’t yet have a 2nd Odyssey Eleven S putter because I just got it a week ago. :) My other set stays in Florida.

The only thing I'd change is that I'd go with the 24 APEX Pro combo, upgrading from the 21 APEX Pro combo I have now.

I'd get the same irons and putter without hesitation. I would rethink my wedge set up and top of the bag.

Hmm mix of both I guess:

Driver - Stats for 2024 so far says I should keep my 430 Max driver as I am hitting 72% of FIR with it. Only thing I might change is going from 10.5 to a 12* head to help with my low spin snap hook miss.

5w and 7w - 430 SFT - these are going nowhere

5h - Tour Edge Trilogy - not going anywhere. Steady eddie for 10+ years now

Irons- I hit mine well but I am never happy with my irons setup

Wedges - no reason to switch but you never know

Chipper - Smart Sole C 4.0 Dark - its fine but may take a peak at the latest gen one

Putter - Anser 2D. not going anywhere.

I have about 4/5 clubs that I would lean toward replacing them with the same ones. The rest of the bag could be experimented with.

I would go with a full bag fitting at Cobra HQ.

I love my bag, but if I had money to replace I am definitely going to do at least a couple of things differently. I think anyone on this forum would do the same.

I’d want the same putter and same wedges. Everything else is up in the air. And you’d have to be a sad sack to take my junk. 🤣

If my current bag was lost, I would need to find, and replace my D, 3, and 5 woods. Not exact replacements, but similar. They would be components.

As for my irons, I already have set I can play just as well. It would just take a week or so to get comfortable with them.

My putter I would try to replace it exactly as the one lost. They are still available in used conditions. If not, I have a similar style putter I still putt well with.

Considering I've had the same wedges since 2020, driver since 2019, irons since 2006, and putter since 1996, I'd probably go with an all new set up. My bag may be literally irreplaceable.

I’d get fit so that I got the correct shafts in them but I think I’d run back my bag. I self fit into the dart v and they’re great but I liked the KBS tour lite better. Just noticeably feel better after rounds and practice with the graphite and I’m staying in it.

Might update my heavenwood to the AI Smoke version. Possibly change some of the lofts on my wedges for gapping. But largely running it back with correct shafts.

I would go somewhere for a full bag fitting and try everything! I think some things might stay and some I know would go. That or I"m too broke and would just use the backup set in the garage.

I'm open to change, but would find similar gear.
I'm currently shopping for hybrids anyway, and I have a new set of irons coming this week. If those wer to vanish, AI Smoke HL would be in the mix.
I've also been entertaining the AI Smoke drivers in my head.
I would also miss my PM 19 wedges, but would find something suitable to replace them.
Putter might be hard, but could be done.

I would essentially rebuild the same bag, except that I don’t know if I could justify the Graphite Design iron shafts again. I would want them. They fit me so incredibly well, but I think I could find something almost as good for a lot less money.

I'd probably replace 75% of it with what's in there. I have a lot of confidence in the current set-up.

If this were to happen, I would build a completely new bag, even if not for my place in The Morgan Cup. After having the opportunity to hit new Cobra offerings (Darkspeed drivers/FW/hybrids/irons; King Tour irons; Snakebite wedges), I would build a Cobra bag in an instant. The only club I would even slightly struggle to not replace is my current putter (2021 Ping Fetch), as my putting is currently as good as it's ever been. Having said that, I'm stoked to get my hands on the new Cobra putters as well.

I would likely stay within the Callaway family but buy newer model items.

Back