Instant Pot and Recipes

Used ours tonight to make a quick, frozen beef & 4 bean chili, love it

Thinking about doing this for dinner tonight and trying out cooking rice in there at the same time.

Thinking about doing this for dinner tonight and trying out cooking rice in there at the same time.

That looks pretty good!

I cook the rice in the Instant Pot for a burrito bowl recipe that we do, and it works pretty well. We do 10 minutes for the burrito bowl with a quick pressure release and the rice turns out fine.

I think it would be better texturally to make the rice separately in a rice cooker simply due to texture, but it's not significantly worse in the Instant Pot.

I cook the rice in the Instant Pot for a burrito bowl recipe that we do, and it works pretty well. We do 10 minutes for the burrito bowl with a quick pressure release and the rice turns out fine.

I think it would be better texturally to make the rice separately in a rice cooker simply due to texture, but it's not significantly worse in the Instant Pot.
Do you put it in a bowl on a trivet above the rest of the stuff cooking? Been reading up on doing that.

Do you put it in a bowl on a trivet above the rest of the stuff cooking? Been reading up on doing that.

Nope! I put it on top of everything, though the burrito bowl recipe I use has a decent bit of liquid. It's the same recipe from the first post in this thread.

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
Nope! I put it on top of everything, though the burrito bowl recipe I use has a decent bit of liquid. It's the same recipe from the first post in this thread.
Worked pretty well cooking the rice this way. The chicken was good not great, but the kids loved it. I'll sub some of the soy sauce for fish sauce and oyster sauce next time, maybe some hoisin?

IMG_3690.jpegIMG_3691.jpeg

I made this honey garlic chicken in the instant pot tonight and it was awesome! I did use 1/2 of the Sriracha in the recipe for my wife's tastes, but it was so good, served on a bed of rice (cooked separately). I will definitely be making this again. Highly recommended! 👍

I made this honey garlic chicken in the instant pot tonight and it was awesome! I did use 1/2 of the Sriracha in the recipe for my wife's tastes, but it was so good, served on a bed of rice. I will definitely be making this again. Highly recommended! 👍
Glad you liked it. I'm doing this tonight:

Glad you liked it. I'm doing this tonight:

If you want a really good orange chicken recipe for the Instant Pot, give this one a try. We have it just about once a week.

If you want a really good orange chicken recipe for the Instant Pot, give this one a try. We have it just about once a week.

Definitely will, I've fallen in love with this instapot.

Definitely will, I've fallen in love with this instapot.
They are great, love mine. Between it, the air fryer and the blackstone, who needs a stove and oven anymore?

They are great, love mine. Between it, the air fryer and the blackstone, who needs a stove and oven anymore?
I need to get an actual air fryer. The one in my oven just isn't the same.

Worked pretty well cooking the rice this way. The chicken was good not great, but the kids loved it. I'll sub some of the soy sauce for fish sauce and oyster sauce next time, maybe some hoisin?

View attachment 9251891View attachment 9251892
Find some Bachans Japanese BBQ sauce next time you're at the store as well, nice mix of Hoisin & savory

• Appreciation
Reactions: Bus
Find some Bachans Japanese BBQ sauce next time you're at the store as well, nice mix of Hoisin & savory
Someone recommended that to me a while back, I thought it was terrible. I think it's because I was expecting more of a bbq taste and not what I got.

Back