Interlock, overlap, or baseball?

What is your golf grip?

• Total voters
Interlock

Learned on interlock, switched to baseball, but then back to interlock at the insistence of my coach. Not convinced that grip style matters much as there are advantages and disadvantages to each.

I learned to play using the interlock grip, but had to stop playing for awhile and when I started back, the interlock grip felt like it was breaking my pinky finger. Decided to try overlap since I was just starting back after 7 years or so. Took a little bit to adjust, but been using the overlap grip ever since.

Started out interlock, but made the change to overlap and never looked back. Super funky at first to switch, but it was like night and day after I got used to it.

Played my first 5 years with a interlock because Jack did it that way.

Switched to overlap in 1988.

Actually use four grips when i play

interlock for most shots
interlock with thumb straight down the shaft for low punch shots
fang grip for chipping
double overlap for sand shots

Interlock right now, I’ve done all 3 in spurts though.

I started with the interlock over 40 years ago. Somewhere along the way decades ago I went to the overlap.
Maybe I'll try the interlock next time at the sim.
Why I would mess with something that isn't broken doesn't make any sense.
But its what I do..............

Overlap. Have tried interlock numerous times but never could get comfortable with it.

I've always used Interlock

I use something similar to baseball, instead of wrapping my thumbs around the grip they both point down the shaft. Interlock feels weird to me and overlap makes the club feel too loose

Used to be interlock but switched overlap for comfort a long time ago

Interlock for me

I just went back to interlocking in 2023 from the baseball grip that I used for the previous 5 or so years,
What drove the change to baseball and then back?

Used to be interlock but switched overlap for comfort a long time ago
Same here. Interlock until about 10 years ago when arthritis or age made my hands hurt and went to overlap.

What drove the change to baseball and then back?
Comfort & trying to swing faster.
All it lead to was me hitting very badly off the toe, like no grooves kind of awfulness.
I once missed low and slight toe.
Now it's toe & more toe

I was overlap for years, but converted to interlock when I started lessons a few years ago.

Sorta baseball with just a little bit of overlap. I’ve tried interlock a bit but can’t get it to feel comfortable consistently. Not sure if it has anything to do with me being naturally left handed while playing righty.

Interlock for me which is weird because I played softball for years and used pinky down overlap for years.

When I first started - as a single digit (age) youth at the range - where Dad did not need to supervise me, it was 10 finger/baseball. Years later when I took an interest in playing and learning it was interlock - that always felt more comfortable.

Cut to now, I am older body parts are being replaced, arthritis is ******* everything else up - the overlap feels best - interlock hurts now. I am toying or do from time to time with 2 finger overlap in an effort to find some more distance - not sure I do - but I sure hit it more wildly!

Interlock full swing baseball putting

Vardon grip. What?

Interlock. I've pondered a switch to overlap because I tend to rub my fingers into blisters where they interlock and sometimes also have trouble with causing splits in the nail bed on my pinky or 4th finger. It happens when I'm playing a LOT, so getting some rest in can fix it, or sometimes I'll just pad up with bandaids and push through. However, I've got big hands so the stretch required for overlap feels uncomfortable. I might be able to manage it with enough time, but I think I'm going to stick with interlock unless an injury forces the issue.

Back