Coming up on a week with the new phone, the battery life is really good. I am getting 2 days so far on a single charge and I use my phone a lot all day texting and SM. Luckily i do live on wifi and I think that helps.
I did make a call Saturday in a 5g area and was super clear, unfortunately we don't have to many 5G areas where I live.

Coming up on a week with the new phone, the battery life is really good. I am getting 2 days so far on a single charge and I use my phone a lot all day texting and SM. Luckily i do live on wifi and I think that helps.
I did make a call Saturday in a 5g area and was super clear, unfortunately we don't have to many 5G areas where I live.
I've had a couple weeks on mine now and have similar thoughts. It's fast, battery life is good and the camera is really good.

The thing I've learned thigh is it's tough to get real excited about an iPhone release. It's basically the same thing over and over, which isn't a bad thing at all. Compared to other options is just kind of boring release after release. I've come to appreciate that though because I just need a phone that works.

I've had a couple weeks on mine now and have similar thoughts. It's fast, battery life is good and the camera is really good.

The thing I've learned thigh is it's tough to get real excited about an iPhone release. It's basically the same thing over and over, which isn't a bad thing at all. Compared to other options is just kind of boring release after release. I've come to appreciate that though because I just need a phone that works.

Which model you get?

Ya nothing to flashy or exciting just great performance. That camera is amazing compared to the XS Max. I posted some pics in the "post a picture of your day thread", could never have gotten those as good with the old phone.

Which model you get?
I went with the Pro. I thought hard about three Maxx but didn't think i the camera upgrade.

What was your reason going w/ Pro over standard?
I came from the 8 plus and wanted the same size screen, I wasn't wanting to go backward on that. That's really the main reason. I like that the phone overall is a little smaller but still gives me the same screen size.

my iPhone is from the 1970's and other than a weak battery, I am still pretty pleased ;)

I came from the 8 plus and wanted the same size screen, I wasn't wanting to go backward on that. That's really the main reason. I like that the phone overall is a little smaller but still gives me the same screen size.

Just FYI, the 12 and 12 pro are the same size phone. Same OLED screen as well. Main difference is pro got the 3rd lens (telephoto) and Lidar scanning.

The 12 mini is the small screen and course the 12 max is the big boy.

Reactions: KEV
My wife and I recently got the mini, we're happy with them. We came from the 7+ and were tired of the large phone so this has fit us pretty good. Getting used to no home button has been tough but its nice. We learned by pressing your finger down on the bottom of the screen and swiping up while still holding down is the way to see all your open apps. I had asked my wife every time you swipe up to collapse a screen where do all the pages go? Because it wasn't like pressing home and then swiping to get rid of all them. Problem solved though. We did get the navy blue each, its nice, I've always had silver so this was a nice change. The mini is compact obviously and I like that!

I have had my iPhone 12 for about a month and a half now. I have had an android phone of some sort for the past 6 years or so. Last iPhone I had was the 5. The wife and kids are iPhone users so I thought it would be easier to be on the same platform for the family sharing and security stuff. Not regretting it one bit. Battery life is amazing. It has a great camera. The UI is kind of boring but probably for the best. Consistency across platforms and devices and such. Only knock so far is the notification management is kind of lame. But, that's no big deal.

Ok just picked up the iPhone 12 today. Can you still continue to use the old USB Charger or do you absolutely have to use the new USB-C charging cord & power outlet?

Ok just picked up the iPhone 12 today. Can you still continue to use the old USB Charger or do you absolutely have to use the new USB-C charging cord & power outlet?
Old one is fine. I think the C charges faster.

Old one is fine. I think the C charges faster.
Thanks appreciate it. The guys at the store told me it could potentially cause the battery to burn out quicker.

Is anyone else having the issue where your text message notifications aren't showing up? I'm getting pretty tired of missing messages that I had no idea were sent to me.

Is anyone else having the issue where your text message notifications aren't showing up? I'm getting pretty tired of missing messages that I had no idea were sent to me.
Haven't had that issue. I have noticed lag in the keyboard though.

Thanks appreciate it. The guys at the store told me it could potentially cause the battery to burn out quicker.

Im sure he just wanted to sell you an extra one for $30

Im sure he just wanted to sell you an extra one for $30
Hahahaha!!! Yep got us on the wall charger. Luckily I paged the group first and will be returning them.

I had to go with the ugly black one, I really wanted the green, but that was on backorder until late November, so black it is.

This is going to take some getting used to because I loved my 8, especially how small it was, but I am sure I will grow to love this one too.
Taylor got the green one and loves...my wife liked but went with black because the guy helping us shift ended. Lol

I could NOT care less! A buddy of mine is an early adopter, and the one thing I've noticed, is that the more Apple loads the iPhone up with gizmos, the more it ignores the basic function of a cell phone. The ability to call, and talk to another human, and make yourself understood! The sound quality has been absolutely horrible in the last few generations! I have a cheapo flip phone that costs me less than 20 bucks a month, and the people I call say that my voice comes booming through! I have to ask my iPhone buddy to repeat himself over and over!

Isn’t the Pro the same size as the standard? Only difference between Pro & Standard is the Pro has the third camera. The Max has the larger screen.

Isn’t the Pro the same size as the standard? Only difference between Pro & Standard is the Pro has the third camera. The Max has the larger screen.
Shows what I know. I guess I just went in with the mindset of getting the pro and not needing the larger Max version. Plus it was a pretty killer deal at the time.

Go and get the new power block and thank me later. It’s $20 from Apple and will charge your phone in about an hour. Worth every single penny!!!!!

Shows what I know. I guess I just went in with the mindset of getting the pro and not needing the larger Max version. Plus it was a pretty killer deal at the time.
I liked the third camera but decided since they didn’t have the Pro in stock to just go standard.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
Go and get the new power block and thank me later. It’s $20 from Apple and will charge your phone in about an hour. Worth every single penny!!!!!
We ended up getting three of them. Nice to know my other USB isn’t obsolete or that I can still use my car charger & such.

Back