RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Looks like Apple is poised to announce the new iPhone 12. I am on an iPhone X nearing 3 years old and will likely look to upgrade after the announcement. Is anyone else watching closely?

I think your date is off, unless you are going back in time :D

I think your date is off, unless you are going back in time :D
Aha! Caught me quick enough that I could change the thread title. Although if the iPhone 12 can take me back in time, I will put down my deposit yesterday!

I also need to upgrade one of my phones so I'm a little more interested in this release than usual.

I don't personally have a Camry but this makes sense.

I'm officially in the dad mode of "if it aint broke don't fix/replace it". My iPhone 7 Plus is still working just fine giving me no reason to even look at upgrading.

I also need to upgrade one of my phones so I'm a little more interested in this release than usual.

I don't personally have a Camry but this makes sense.

That article made me laugh a bit - I get what they are driving at (puns!) but even with their Ferrari, it’s still a phone and the RAM and the screen are a bit wasted in it (not for everything but for the vast majority of phone use).

I’m due to upgrade my Camry at some point soon but I won’t be the first order placed unless the wife is really insistent.

I also have an iPhone X, and I normally replace my iPhone every two years or so. However, my X still works pretty well, and since 5G isn’t projected to hit metro Tucson until mid-late 2021, I have no compelling reason to switch phones.

I have the Max still, and am ready for an upgrade. I was reading an article yesterday about 5G issues with the new phone already though and that is a bummer.

Woo! iPhone 11 prices are going to be discounted! The tech coming in this iPhone is pretty astounding but their older offerings are still incredible.

I'll keep an eye on this today. From the rumors the iPhone 12 pro looks appealing. I am most interested in the camera, and my as my reading eyes fade into oblivion, a larger screen could be helpful. My vision-limited, fat finger live round posts are a random assemblage of typos. :p

My wife is still on the iPhone 8plus and I feel like she needs the upgrade...but she has no interest. We'll see if this release will win her over.

I want one but I think I can still wait another year :p

I’m not really a new tech person and I generally only upgrade when it becomes an absolute necessity. I’m too embarrassed to admit here how old of an iPhone I’m using but let’s just say of the posts here so far I have the oldest iPhone by several generations. :LOL:

Buy buy buy. ;)

My wife is due as her iPhone is two or three years old and the battery life is weak.

The wife and I are on the hunt for last years model. I mean, can it change that much in a year? Really? We're using droids right now and may make the change if the price drops enough for it to make sense. Liking the video and photo editing advantages over the android phones.

I’m planning on being an early iPhone 12 buyer. Let’s see what the availability will look like.

The wife and I are on the hunt for last years model. I mean, can it change that much in a year? Really? We're using droids right now and may make the change if the price drops enough for it to make sense. Liking the video and photo editing advantages over the android phones.
5G is available on this one and not on all previous models. I would say that is a pretty big change. Also the rumored addition of LIDar scanning to the camera could mean an app would turn your phone into a decent launch monitor.

My wife and I just upgraded our iPhone 6S', a couple months back or so, to the new SE (2020). With my military (veteran) discount and trade-ins they were $300 apiece. So, no: We won't be paying attention to this one.

5G is available on this one and not on all previous models. I would say that is a pretty big change.

Is it available on any previous models? I didnt think it was, but Apple is usually pretty late to the game on tech.

Is it available on any previous models? I didnt think it was, but Apple is usually pretty late to the game on tech.
No previous iPhones, but there are definitely phones out with 5G already.

I'm officially in the dad mode of "if it aint broke don't fix/replace it". My iPhone 7 Plus is still working just fine giving me no reason to even look at upgrading.

Same except I have the 8+. I don’t update the software once I buy the phone. Once I can’t use something I need to/want to, then it’s upgrade time.

But honestly as long as I can call, text, and THP I’m good to go.

I’ll watch this release in interest of new features, but I won’t be a buyer yet. Still have the XR and it works well for me.

The Camry article writer sounds like he’s got a chip on his shoulder... like he waited in line to buy the iPhone 4 but were sold out when it was his turn or something.

Any info on the LIDar and if anyone can use it to make an app turn the 12 into a launch monitor. That would be truly exciting for this slim slice of the population LOL!

I’m planning on being an early iPhone 12 buyer. Let’s see what the availability will look like.

Covid year, you’ll probably have it in time for Xmas.....

Back