iPhone Storage options

I'm learning all kinds of new things today. Is this school. When is lunch?
Asterisk for the Amazon Cloud, though - you get unlimited photo storage, but only 5GB for videos on their free (included with Prime) plan. 5GB isn't a ton of video storage space, as I'm sure you already know. :LOL:

Asterisk for the Amazon Cloud, though - you get unlimited photo storage, but only 5GB for videos on their free (included with Prime) plan. 5GB isn't a ton of video storage space, as I'm sure you already know. :LOL:
Yeah my heart sank after @MWard had me on cloud 9 questioning my existence.

Thansk for the reminder, I need to go get that 128gb micro SD card for Ballyhack and pop it into my Android So I don't have to fight Apple 🤣

Like Wardy said, I back up everything with google. Their cloud storage is cheap.

Also, the bundles from Apple like Hawk said are great, I did the family bundle as well with Music/Fitness/etc.

Yeah my heart sank after @MWard had me on cloud 9 questioning my existence.
A ponder.. If you upload every video to YouTube and mark it private or unlisted so only you have access to it, is that not a free video storage?

As one who has learned this the hard way, remember when you purchased your physical HDD storage devices as well, they will die, especially ones that aren't SSD type drives. I've lost a lot of files from drive failures (I have one that I'm still searching for a quality file recovery solution that doesn't involve hundreds of dollars and having a company have a copy of them even though they say they don't)

A ponder.. If you upload every video to YouTube and mark it private or unlisted so only you have access to it, is that not a free video storage?
Are you the King of Loopholes?

Never thought of that. @That post

I upload videos, but I don't know that even if private they can be viewed somehow by someone. Now with the new video capacity on THP that JB was showcasing this past week I'm not sure what I'll be doing going forward.

I have thought about that actually and theoretically true but it compresses and loses a lot of quality usually and it’s more of an involved process than going external.

Until the servers are, oh wait they're probably already taken over

When I needed storage on my iphone because I was pushing the limit I just went with the $0.99 50GB cloud storage option. Works for me although I do still have an iphone 11. It's only got 64GB of space. When I finally upgrade to a new iphone it's going to be double the storage I have now. Yeah, I know, big spender there!

It probably would have been nice to know amazon prime gave free storage. I just canceled that service. Oh well, I'm better off without it I think.

As one who has learned this the hard way, remember when you purchased your physical HDD storage devices as well, they will die, especially ones that aren't SSD type drives. I've lost a lot of files from drive failures (I have one that I'm still searching for a quality file recovery solution that doesn't involve hundreds of dollars and having a company have a copy of them even though they say they don't)
I know what you are talking about. I agree that an SSD is better at resisting damage than a hard drive. I dropped my HDD once. It had many important files. My advice is to find a good data recovery service. This is the best way out because you can cause more damage if recovering data by yourself. I had a great experience with the guys from the Platinum Data Recovery company.

Last edited:
Have a petabyte NAS on our network for the family. Everything is backed up there from phones, computers, pads

I made the mistake of looking at a storage solution online. Now I want one for my house... it'll go in line with the rest of the stuff.

Back