iPhone vs. Android users -survey findings

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I saw this covered on the news this morning. The survey size was 2,000 so the results are likely to be pretty accurate. The survey has some interesting findings such as iPhone users seem to be happier. I'm also a little surprised that iPhone users spend almost 5 hours on the phones each day and take 12 selfies per day?! I haven't taken 12 selfies in the last 5 years.

Here are a couple articles on the survey.

https://fox8.com/2018/10/26/iphone-versus-android-users-two-completely-different-people/

https://www.slashgear.com/android-vs-iphone-user-poll-shows-two-very-different-groups-of-people-25551392/

Interesting. Other than the volume of time spent on the phone each day I appear to be using the wrong phone ��

Wow. That's 12 more selfies than I have taken in my lifetime. Take a good bit of pictures of other people and things but have no desire to turn the camera on myself.

Must have been a slow week for reporting.....

Cats v dogs?
TV shows?

That is a few minutes of my life I won't ever get back...

The day I own an iPhone will be the day I have given up on any and all rational thought.

Personal opinions re: Apple, Jobs and the product make me a Droid boy and I am happier for it.

Most of this can be wrapped up pretty easily - iOS users on average have a higher income than Android users.

Most of this can be wrapped up pretty easily - iOS users on average have a higher income than Android users.

That is a load of rubbish in my opinion, or maybe it is just that way in the US

I have an Android phone and my stepson who earns about half of what I do spends a stupid amount of money per month on an iPhone

The only way you would catch me with an Apple product is if I was forced to have one for my job, I would never willingly spend my money on an Apple product when there are much better products out there for less money

Personally I think the whole Apple thing, let alone having an iPhone, is a status symbol

Very interesting article, based on the survey questions, I would be more in the Android category but currently have an iPhone.

I have an Android phone and my stepson who earns about half of what I do spends a stupid amount of money per month on an iPhone

The only way you would catch me with an Apple product is if I was forced to have one for my job, I would never willingly spend my money on an Apple product when there are much better products out there for less money

Personally I think the whole Apple thing, let alone having an iPhone, is a status symbol

Well I guess all of the objective data online discussing market and demographics data for the two platforms this is null and void because in your particular instance its not applicable...

Did the users turn over their phones for this data? If you asked me how many text messages I send or how many selfies I take I couldn't answer either.

Well I guess all of the objective data online discussing market and demographics data for the two platforms this is null and void because in your particular instance its not applicable...

I didn't say it was null and void, I just said it was a load of rubbish - I personally put zero stock in surveys as they are so easily manipulated to show whatever the publisher wants to show

How were the 2,000 people picked to participate in this survey? Pretty sure someone could do another survey that would say exactly the opposite to this one

Actually it is not a load of rubbish. Study after study shows that iPhone users are more likely to be wealthy than Android users, and it's not just in the United States. Here's a link to a study based on 1.2 billion mobile phone users.

Below is a quote from the article in Mobile Marketing Magazine. https://mobilemarketingmagazine.com/iphone-versus-android-users-viant

"People-based ad tech company Viant analysed its first-party data linked to more than 1.2bn real, registered users and overlaying actual purchase and consumption data. It found that 36 per cent of iPhone users were born between 1965 and 1980, four per cent more than those on Android. In addition, iPhone users were found to be 72 per cent more likely to have a household income above £70,000, and eight per cent more likely to be married.

I knew there was no point walking into an iPhone thread lol

If people want to purchase iPhones out of their own money they have more money than sense in my opinion

I will stick with the friendly Android ecosystem rather than being restricted in the Apple environment

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I knew there was no point walking into an iPhone thread lol

If people want to purchase iPhones out of their own money they have more money than sense in my opinion

I will stick with the friendly Android ecosystem rather than being restricted in the Apple environment

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

You are entitled to whatever opinion you want. Although the idea that Android is a "friendlier" ecosystem is laughable at best. But then again friendlier sounds awfully close to "fragmentation".

The part about wealth is hysterical. You mean 1 phone model where the only new option is closing in on 1k and the other phone model which has lines as cheap as $99 is going to signal that purchasers of one overall have more money? No way.

That’s like saying on average Tesla owners have more money than Chevy owners.

Maybe next they can put the power behind which brands are most similarly named like a fruit.

So a study shows people that own iPhones on average are wealthier than people that own Android phones...well duh!
I would expect people that spend money on pricier items probably are wealthier and have more expendable income.
I'll bet golfers with PXG clubs are, on average, wealthier than the average golfer too.

.....I dunno iv seen a lot of people with the latest and greatest IPhone whatever and don't have a pot to piss in. Half of them have Apple watches to match also........then the ol saying usually comes around "sure wish I had the money to do that" ....well partner when you revaluate your spending habits then we'll talk especially when that last IPhone you had (which is still newer than mine) sent that text message the same as this new one you just got

.....I dunno iv seen a lot of people with the latest and greatest IPhone whatever and don't have a pot to piss in. Half of them have Apple watches to match also........then the ol saying usually comes around "sure wish I had the money to do that" ....well partner when you revaluate your spending habits then we'll talk.

They don’t get surveyed hahah.

The part about wealth is hysterical. You mean 1 phone model where the only new option is closing in on 1k and the other phone model which has lines as cheap as $99 is going to signal that purchasers of one overall have more money? No way.

That’s like saying on average Tesla owners have more money than Chevy owners.

I thought the wealth disparity between iPhone and android users was common knowledge as well but simply responding to another poster who called fupresti commments below "a load of rubbish".

Quote Originally Posted by fupresti:

"Most of this can be wrapped up pretty easily - iOS users on average have a higher income than Android users."

iPhone vs. Android users -survey findings

Sensing Fake News with this survey and wonder if it’s sponsored by Apple or affiliate. For the record, I use several Apple products and none from Samsung. 90% of the Apple user numbers aren’t even close for me.

FWIW, I enjoyed a couple of chuckles while reading the article which is always a plus.

I’d describe myself as “very happy” so they nailed that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with trying to draw any socio-economic data from the survey is that the platforms aren't equal. You can't just make inferences based on iPhone vs. Android because the iphone pretty much has one price - expensive. While Android is open source and thus has phones from $80 to $800. So you are dealing with a wider swath of the population.

Interesting info.
Drawing the conclusion that purchasers of the more expensive item tend to have more money - Sherlock is on the case I see. In my own little bubble of the world I would bet that IPhone users have more debt than Android users lol.

All I can say is, I hope the sheep keep buying the Apple products. I could stand to see my stock rise more and more.

To sum all of this up.

Money can buy happiness.

Back