Iron Covers... why not?

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
YES I USE THEM!! Why not? I really don’t understand the hate. Please let me understand. I try to keep my clubs as pristine as possible to maximize trade in value

I don't have the burning hatred for them that some do, I just don't want to bother with them.

Truthfully, I think it's more of an internet golfer thing than real life anyway. A couple of the guys I regularly play with use iron covers and nobody has ever said a word to them about them.

I mean why hide your irons? They are meant to be seen.

My irons are workhorses. Workhorses don’t get covers.

Do we have one more run here 😉

I use them also so cannot give you an answer.

because certain THPers will though my clubs in a lake/ocean.

I support iron covers, 100%

Your investment, your choice. Great way to keep them looking spotless.
My clubs don't get beat up in the bag, they get beat up hitting off all the sketchy lies I end up in.

My clubs don't get beat up in the bag, they get beat up hitting off all the sketchy lies I end up in.
yeah, they need to make desert covers. Think of all the metal that would save.

If you want to rock iron covers, that's your call. Same with those people who take the covers off their woods before each round... Not for me, but to each their own!

I have a set of fleece ones that my wife made me for travel. I slip them on before tucking my bag into the travel case, but they come off before the first round.

I'm not sure I believe that, however, I don't play AZ golf so I don't know what kind of horrifying lies you speak of :ROFLMAO:

I'm not sure I believe that, however, I don't play AZ golf so I don't know what kind of horrifying lies you speak of :ROFLMAO:

Come join or league one month. we'll show you. ;)

I owned some. Thought they were handy.

Why don't I now? Got tired of taking them off and putting them back on, and tired of losing them while on the course.

I didn't actually hate them until I tried them. They're a pain in the *ss. Annoying, slow, easily lost, just generally suck.

Basically if you're not on grass, you're on rocks, sand or a gravelly combination of the two.

This is my 54° wedge, it's been in play for less than a year:

54W.jpg

Basically if you're not on grass, you're on rocks, sand or a gravelly combination of the two.

This is my 54° wedge, it's been in play for less than a year:

View attachment 8984560
yep. I'm ashamed to post a picture of the bottom of my Hogans. They have some battle scares. Normal for AZ....but others would be afraid of them. I had to play off what can only be described as a dry pebble tec pool.

Back