Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
I am sure there is a thread but I am curious. How many of you use them no in game but while in transit and storage?

I use them in game and in travel. They are in my clubs at all times, save for when I'm cleaning them or hitting them.

I have always been a fan of iron covers.

I used to, but got tired of them. I would use them if I had my clubs shipped or as baggage on a plane flight. I use an Ogio bag with silencer tech so there isn't really a need for them for me on course.

Always use them. I'm too finicky about my clubs staying nice lol

I used to have them on full time, but got a lot of **** for them so now I only have them on when by bag is in my truck to eliminate chatter.

I have a set that I use for travel and storage, but will take them off before playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a set all the time. Only exception are my wedges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have em on all the time. Eliminates chatter and good for travel too

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I don't use iron covers. I use bath towel and wrap it around irons for transport purposes.

I use mine for travel and usually during the season, depends if I'm walking or riding

I think they are great if your flying but they aren't my thing on the course.

Use mine all the time. Protects both the clubs and more importantly my tender hide from damage (if my wife sees yet another new set of clubs) ?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

for travel - always
in car 50/50
playing - never

Never have used them but I have considered them for transit since my clubs pretty much live in my Jeep and I live off the beaten path.

I don't use them. I also keep some of the other clubs uncovered to save on time while playing.

No iron covers for me, but it is a must on driver, woods, hybrids and putter. I rarely ship, but when I have, I have used a towel around the irons.

I used to, but got tired of them. I would use them if I had my clubs shipped or as baggage on a plane flight. I use an Ogio bag with silencer tech so there isn't really a need for them for me on course.

If I didn't catch flack on covers, I would BUT I WOULD.... I think I am going the Silencer Route.

-David

I used to have them on full time, but got a lot of **** for them so now I only have them on when by bag is in my truck to eliminate chatter.

That's weird because I have used them for 10+ years and nobody has said even the slightest comment to me about them.

I really like using them for long travel or shipping clubs. Otherwise do not have patience to use them during a round.

I use neoprene iron head covers when I travel by plane. Every time I purchase a new set of irons, I use head covers during play but that usually lasts less than one season. Just too much work to keep track of them.

I have a set that I use for transport. The odd time when I leave them on my clubs at the course, I end up with both pockets full of them by the end of the round.

Back