Irrational golf hatreds

Gas golf carts.... They're so loud.

3 or more practice swings. And for Petes sake, no excessive waggles (drives me Nuckin, Futs).

Really can't think of any.
Slow play - Rational
Dress codes - Rational, collared shirts are for funerals and such.

Golfers that yell "Fore right!" at a muni with no fans. I have no idea what you mean by "right" so just yell "Fore"

Gas golf carts.... They're so loud.

Good call. Given a choice between two relatively similar courses, I'll take the one with electric carts (assuming I'm not walking).

Tour bags

More than two practice swings/slow pre-shot routine

Courses not posting that they're areated when booking. And not offering a discounted rate.

Oh, wait, the qualifier was "Irrational"

so much this. after reading this thread I find there are a large number among us who do not really understand the meaning of the word "irrational". A few who do but...definitely not all.

People who don't fix their Ball marks.
I don't know what it is but in the last 2 years it seems like people forgot how to do this.

The group in front of me...especially when we've been pressing you since the third hole and when we teed off on one the green was clear.

Bob Parsons / PXG - I’m just minding my own business watching golf. Why am I being yelled at?

”Sand iron” - Nobody carries a pitching iron, gap iron, or a lob iron - just call it a sand wedge like everyone else

"Fairway metal".

Yes, it's metal. It's also been called a "fairway wood" for decades, and everybody knows what a fairway wood is, and that they're made of metal nowadays. Stop it.

Hearing the announcer say "She/he has an [insert number here] iron/wood in their hand(s)" while the player prepares for shot. Where else would they hold the club?

...Oh..and one one that is rational...geese and their "leavings".

Last edited:
Knit collars on polos.

Sight lines on a golf ball. Just another way to slow down play.

Tee markers that don't point down the fairway.

I would call most of these rational.

Had a new one pop up this week... when the back nine on a scorecard doesn't have a spot for the players' initials, so you have to do the tri-fold thing.

Bro-country. Everywhere, not just the course.

Back