Is 9 Holes Enough?

Some golf is always better than no golf. Not even a question IMO.

9 holes definitely leave me wanting, but I would rather play 9 than nothing if time or daylight do not permit 18.

A lot of the time yes. Especially after a long day at work, 9 is just fine.

If time only allows me to play 9 holes or I can't play at all, I will play the 9, but I do feel like it's never enough. Usually takes me a few to get in a groove, especially if I haven't had a chance to warm up. Not to derail the thread, but for those that bowl, I feel the same way about anything less than 3 games. I want that third game so I can have a series total....

Really depends on the circumstances, if I just have a bit of time and I'm trying to squeeze some golf in, I don't care if it's 3 holes or 15 holes, but 9 does seem to be a good set. But if it's say my only golf I'm gonna get that's scheduled for a week or so, 9 never seems like enough and the same 9 twice doesn't either.

No, but alot of times it's the only chance I get to play. Between work and 2 small kids Thursday Night 9 hole League may be the only time I get to play that week.

9 hole rounds comprised most of my golf this year. I’m going out for 9 tomorrow. I may stretch it to 18 if the course is clear and I’m playing solo. I’m getting my young son into golf and 9 holes is plenty for him. Sometimes we even stop at 7. I try to end the round while he is still having fun so he wants to come back for more.

No. I hate having to quit after 9. That said, playing 9 is a lot better than not playing at all.

9 holes of golf is perfect. It's enough to keep your skills up and to give you a challenge. It's also a short enough time that you can meet demands and have a weekend life outside of the golf course.

Sometimes it's the only option but it's rare that I'll play just nine. Never feels like I golfed unless I get in the full eighteen.

Do you feel like you get “enough” golf in 9 hole rounds?

If the sun is setting, I do. Otherwise, I prefer to play 18.

I play a lot of 9 hole rounds, especially with my kids. With kids in tow, it is normally enough. A lot of times, 7 holes is enough. ?

By myself, its not normally enough. I always want to see how I would score across 18. If I have a great 9 holes, I start thinking about a very good 18 hole score. If I had a bad 9 holes, I want to play the next 9 to right the ship.

I'm fine with 9, heck I've even played 6 or 7 just to get some golf in. Obviously 18 is preferable, but plenty of times ya make due with 9 and enjoy the fact that you've been out.

Nope, it takes me a couple holes just to see what swing has decided to show up. Can't remember the last time I played just 9 except if it's holes 19-27 for the day.

No, not enough. Heck I feel like 18 isnt enough most of the time.

I prefer 18+ but being able to leave work, play 9 holes and be home by 6 is pretty nice.

One of my local courses offers a fore x five twilight rate for five holes. Perfect practice alternative to just going to the range after work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont. Id say 95% or more of my rounds on a yearly basis are played as 18 holes. im always left wanting more if i only play 9

Sure, I'll prefer 9 holes when I play alone, which is thankfully not very often.

But 9 is just practice IMO, I never keep score, and don't believe 9 should ever be used for HC or other scoring, separate subject though.

This time of year, I'll take it. Beats not golfing at all.

Earlier in the year I avoided going if I only had time for 9.

Back