Is Barry Bonds a HOF'er

Should Barry Bonds be elected into the Hall of Fame?

• Yes

Votes: 103 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 28.1%
  • Unsure/Show Results

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters
If he is not in it then there should not be a HOF. There are juicers, drug takers, cheaters, racists, and criminals already in HOF so we need to take off the rose colored glasses. The "juicers" saved baseball. If Bud Selig can be in there with his shenanigans then let all the juicers in.

I would vote him in along with Clemens.

Yes. You cannot tell the history of baseball without mentioning the steroid era. You can't ignore the fact that it put fans in the seats and people were tuning in.

Yes.

Bonds was hands down a HOFer before we suspect he started steroids. He was a 400 HR - 400 SB player, with 8 gold gloves, 3 MVP awards through 1998.

After all that, he became the best hitter I've ever seen.

Everyone was juiced when he played. He got his stats against other guys that were cheating just like he was. Put him in the hall along with everyone else that was the best in that same period.

I feel the same way about Lance Armstrong. Armstrong was a dick regarding destroying people that questioned him but everyone else on those bikes was doped up.

I have mixed emotions about whether they should be allowed to dope up due to what it does to your body and how it impacts younger athletes but I don't have the answer.

He's a HOFer. One of the best to ever play the game. Like others have said, that entire era was "tainted" (if you feel that way) by steroids. To keep him out because he was the best of that era is nonsense.

Yes. Best position player I have seen in my lifetime IMO. And Clemens is the best pitcher so I would vote him in also, even despite the fact he wore pinstripes for a few years.

People are fooling themselves if they don't think players that juiced have already been voted into the HOF. And before steroids, greenies could certainly be considered PEDs and nobody was kept out because of them and there widespread use.

If he is not in it then there should not be a HOF. There are juicers, drug takers, cheaters, racists, and criminals already in HOF so we need to take off the rose colored glasses. The "juicers" saved baseball. If Bud Selig can be in there with his shenanigans then let all the juicers in.

Yes. Based on his statistics, he is unquestionably a HOFer. And he would still be a HOFer, if you only consider his statistics before the time that it can be established that he likely was using steroids (don't know if it was the clear or the cream or flaxseed oil or an arthritis cream)

I am more interested in seeing how David Ortiz does in this his first year of eligibility. Ortiz's name was in the Mitchell report, so there is evidence, however viewed, that he was involved with steroids.

If you say yes to one of these guys then you have to say yes to the rest. I am in the NO camp.

I want Pete rose in before those guys.

Yes. Best position player I have seen in my lifetime IMO. And Clemens is the best pitcher so I would vote him in also, even despite the fact he wore pinstripes for a few years.

People are fooling themselves if they don't think players that juiced have already been voted into the HOF. And before steroids, greenies could certainly be considered PEDs and nobody was kept out because of them and there widespread use.

Rafael Palmeiro is one of six players in history with more than 3000 hits and 500 home runs. (Aaron, Mays, Pujols, E. Murray Palmeiro, A-Rod) The only way he is getting into the Hall is the same way you or I will, by paying for admission.

Bumping this for TRUTH!

I voted "No". Not because he shouldn’t be, but because he won't be. As far as I am concerned, all of those PED era guys should be eligible because Bud Selig knew it was going on and did nothing, and there was no policy against it. To go after them after the fact is not right in my opinion. Now once the policy against PEDs was in place I agree that violators should be ineligible. But that would not include any of those guys.

BTW, I think Pete Rose should be in the HOF also!

Last edited:
I would not vote for him nor Clemens. I don't like the proven juiced histories.

Wait. Proven? Show me a POSITIVE test for Bonds.

Additionally, the Federal Government dropped their perjury case against him related to PED's. If the Fed drops a lawsuit against you, good sign you're innocent & no evidence to support the case.

Rafael Palmeiro is one of six players in history with more than 3000 hits and 500 home runs. (Aaron, Mays, Pujols, E. Murray Palmeiro, A-Rod) The only way he is getting into the Hall is the same way you or I will, by paying for admission.

Very true. His finger pointing denials in congressional hearings certainly did him no favors nor did the positive test once that was established.

Yes to Bonds....just because he juiced doesn't take away from the fact that he was the best home run hitter ever. I don't really care for him though!

For that matter Clemens is a HOF. I never understood love for Schilling. I never saw him as dominant. He had some really good years no doubt and a .600 winning percentage so he was good. I just was never wowed by him. 🤷‍♂️

Very true. His finger pointing denials in congressional hearings certainly did him no favors nor did the positive test once that was established.

That effectively ruined any hope.

Yes to Bonds....just because he juiced doesn't take away from the fact that he was the best home run hitter ever. I don't really care for him though!

Nor do a lot of the writers. And that is a large reason why we're having this discussion.

For that matter Clemens is a HOF. I never understood love for Schilling. I never saw him as dominant. He had some really good years no doubt and a .600 winning percentage so he was good. I just was never wowed by him. 🤷‍♂️
I agree with you overall about Schilling, except for his play in the postseason. He was damn near unhittable with those Arizona and Boston squads.

Not my words, but here is one of the arguments for his being in the HOF

no one in the modern era threw more innings (3,261) and compiled a better strikeouts-to-walks ratio (4.38-to-1) and throw in his postseason greatness — a 2.23 ERA in 133 ⅓ innings, which helped his clubs capture four pennants and three titles.

Not my words, but here is one of the arguments for his being in the HOF

no one in the modern era threw more innings (3,261) and compiled a better strikeouts-to-walks ratio (4.38-to-1) and throw in his postseason greatness — a 2.23 ERA in 133 ⅓ innings, which helped his clubs capture four pennants and three titles.
I don't dive too deep into stats and I get that he is more than qualified. He just never did it for me. Now if he would go in as an Astro then fine. :LOL::LOL: That's a joke but he did play in Houston

Never tested positive..
I disagree. Just because testing at the time was not made public doesn't mean he didn't test positive. Here is a direct quote from the case: "“We had DNA evidence in the Clemens case, with Clemens’ DNA and an anabolic steroid within a needle that was used to inject him," “And contrary to Bonds’ defense narrative, his use of PEDs was more than rubbing on ‘The Cream’ and taking a few drops of ‘The Clear’ under his tongue. The BALCO and MLB testing records reflected Bonds’ use of multiple doping substances, from 2001 through 2006, including injectable anabolic steroids, injectable human growth hormone, post cycle therapy drugs and amphetamines.”

There is a chance in about 9 or 10 years when he lands in the lap of the Vets committee along with Sosa and Mac.

Back