Is Cornhole a Sport?

If bowling and horseshoes are sports, so is bags

Game yes, professional sport - no, not at all
People are being paid to play it though. People are making a living because of cornhole. Seems rather professional.

People are being paid to play it though. People are making a living because of cornhole. Seems rather professional.
I’m flabbergasted by what we will pay to watch and play these days. I seriously didn’t know that

It’s a sport. It’s to golf like golf is to football. Takes skill but someone’s got to be the little brother.

I’m flabbergasted by what we will pay to watch and play these days. I seriously didn’t know that
That's where I'm at, check my first post. It can be a sport, played for a living by people but also a game played by people for fun.

I don't think my Wednesday night golf league is a sport. My weekend rounds are a game. The PGA Tour is a sport. Pick up basketball at the Y is a game, the NBA is a sport.

Just my perspective on the topic.

That's where I'm at, check my first post. It can be a sport, played for a living by people but also a game played by people for fun.

I don't think my Wednesday night golf league is a sport. My weekend rounds are a game. The PGA Tour is a sport. Pick up basketball at the Y is a game, the NBA is a sport.

Just my perspective on the topic.
Yeah to me, it’s the beer game you play along with darts - that’s why it’s hard to see it as a profession. Not sure I’d want to see anyone refer to themselves as a professional cornhole player

Yeah to me, it’s the beer game you play along with darts - that’s why it’s hard to see it as a profession. Not sure I’d want to see anyone refer to themselves as a professional cornhole player
I always think back to 'Kingpin'
athlete-kingpin.gif

No. I can't buy it as an actual sport.

NOPE, It's a game. Not a sport but so is GOLF!:ROFLMAO:
If there is No Physical componet to it it's not a sport.
it's a game played at Backyard partys with lots of alcohol.

If bowling and horseshoes are sports, so is bags
Who said Horseshoes was a sport?

Last edited:
Its a sport you can play with a BMI of 50 and holding a Bud lite :ROFLMAO:
Golf and bowling say 'hold my girly beer and don't make fun of my gut'.

Just wait until E-cornhole hits it big.

Let’s say it’s more of a friendly game.

Question is…are you throwing bags out back and competing against yourself?

Is Jimmy dean a real sponsor? If so, then yes. Lol

I'm right here. The least you could do is tag me in the post.

Golf and Bowling aren't SPORTS either, They are games.

Andy Rooney was once credited with saying "If a game can be played with a wad of tobacco in your mouth, it's not a sport". He was talking about baseball, but it could apply widely to other sports as well.

Well it is shown on ESPN. Though to be fair, so was poker
To be fair, so was the "Pillow Fighting Championship". Really. I saw it in my guide this morning.

Unless the PFC is like, well, Lingerie Football, in which case I don't care. :)

If Curling is a sport, I guess Corn Hole is too.

Of course we need to define "sport", but I would classify curling as a sport for the brain. Every time I watch it my head begins hurting after about fifteen minutes of trying to analyze the configurations.

I don't think so. If it is, I guess horseshoes and lawn darts are as well.

It involves physical exertion, skill and competition. So, it probably can be defined as a sport.

Definitely a sport

It involves physical exertion, skill and competition. So, it probably can be defined as a sport.
I think your stretching what the term Physical exertion means.
If you are getting sweaty from throwing bean bags then U are NOT AN ATHLETE!

Pool takes skill and is a competition but it isn't a sport.
Golf has your 3 standards and it isn't a sport either.

If you can do it while drinking a beer and smoking a cigar I have a hard time calling it a sport.

I suppose. It requires some sort of athletic ability and hand-eye coordination. I used to be pretty good at it, so I guess I should be considered an athlete. :ROFLMAO:

Um … no

Many years ago definition … if you have to change your shoes to play it “ it’s a sport “
Many of those things / alleged sports / etc mentioned above have been bastardised for commercial interests ……

Golf has been around 400 years.

Ball sports are self explanatory

Back