Is DJ a Hall of Famer?

The golf HOF is a tricky one. Given the amount of people who thought Couples shouldn't have gotten in, then DJ probably wouldn't. Golf puts so much weight on majors that 1 won't do it.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
DL3 and Freddie Couples are both in with similar resumes.

I would have to say DJ gets in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but if he is 50 and only has 1 major and 20 wins I might have to think about it. I am not too worried that will happen.

DL3 and Freddie Couples are both in with similar resumes.
And a lot of golf afficianodos don't think they should be

And a lot of golf afficianodos don't think they should be

But yet, they are in. And since the same people who voted DL3 and Freddie in, would also be voting for DJ.

It's a yes.

But yet, they are in. And since the same people who voted DL3 and Freddie in, would also be voting for DJ.
If the vote was based on resume, then yes. I'm not sure DJ is as beloved as Love and Couples.

It’s a yes for me dog!

Yep. Once he really figured out his short game a few years ago and got over his Sunday hump, he’s been pretty ridiculous.

Also, having a win in every season for what, 12 seasons straight now? Yea he’s HOF compared to others already in.

Yes. Yes he is

Absolutely. HoF requirements are pretty low. And DJ had 15 years of consistent great play. Either the 20 wins or the 1 major doesn’t do it for me, but both together do.

Yeah, he is

I'd have to check and see if there are less accomplished players already in the hall of fame first before deciding. If there is then yes, nominate him.

Absolutely. Others have made it with far less.......Gene Littler, Fred Couples, Colin Montgomerie, Larry Nelson, Jose Maria Olazabal, Davis Love III ....just to name a few.

Oh, hell, if Montgomerie is in, you can open the doors to just about anyone.

DJ already has one foot in the door based on that alone.

20 wins is no small feat. Plus he had been world #1 and probably will be again.

I think DJ only has one question , does he get fries with that?

Yup.

20 wins these days is a lot.

Absolutely, comparing to Fred Couples he has exceeded his PGA winning record including each of them so far has one major each. On top of that his consistency in winning at least once in multiple years, his accomplishments are HOF material.

Yes. Always a threat in every tournament, especially in the last couple of years. Everyone on the tour talks about him too which is usually a sign

Yes, without a doubt.

By modern standards, I don't think there is any doubt!

I'm more of an MLB guy than a PGA guy so forgive the ignorance here. Does the PGA have "lock for HOF" numbers like the MLB does? 3000 hits, 300 wins, and 500 homers (until recently) pretty much sewed it up for a player. Is there a golf equivalent? Wins on tour, major wins, combination of the two?

It's hard to argue against it. If for any other reason than he hit a tree three times on Saturday and that made me feel better about my game.

IMO, kind of a silly question. For sure a lock even if his career ended today. With that said and the way he is playing (and been trending past few years especially), I'm more interested to see what this guy will do when his career in fact does come to an end. Not sure he'll hit Mickelson's numbers (that's some lofty air), but I could see him snagging a couple more majors (I predict one this year) and a dozen more wins. I could see DJ ending with 3-5 majors and 32-35 PGA wins when it's all said and done.

Back