Is DJ a Hall of Famer?

I would say he is in. No point in rehashing all the reasons already listed.

I'm more of an MLB guy than a PGA guy so forgive the ignorance here. Does the PGA have "lock for HOF" numbers like the MLB does? 3000 hits, 300 wins, and 500 homers (until recently) pretty much sewed it up for a player. Is there a golf equivalent? Wins on tour, major wins, combination of the two?

Did I read somewhere that either 2 majors and 10 regular tour wins or 1 major and 20 regular wins was kind of a rule off thumb?

That WGC yesterday was quite impressive. What is that now? 5 or 6 WGC's? and they are, by their nature great fields.

Hes gotta be in.

I wish the criteria for the HOF were a little more stringent, but even if they were, he's in. He's been a force ever since he debuted on tour, and a couple of years where he's been considered the best.

As a fellow South Carolinian- YES

20 wins
12 straight seasons with a win
1 major
Over 80 weeks as world number 1

Yup if he hung it up tomorrow he'd be in.

20 wins
12 straight seasons with a win
1 major
Over 80 weeks as world number 1

Yup if he hung it up tomorrow he'd be in.

I still agree with this.

Top 40 in wins all time and all of this? IN.

Yes he will be in.

Absolutely in.

I'm more of an MLB guy than a PGA guy so forgive the ignorance here. Does the PGA have "lock for HOF" numbers like the MLB does? 3000 hits, 300 wins, and 500 homers (until recently) pretty much sewed it up for a player. Is there a golf equivalent? Wins on tour, major wins, combination of the two?
I don't know. I do remember when Couples got in (with 1 major) people saying that 2 majors should be the bare minimum.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Very possible.......but he has a long playing career left in him!

I don't know. I do remember when Couples got in (with 1 major) people saying that 2 majors should be the bare minimum.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

He also had two Players'.

The fact that he is married to Paulina, makes him a lock for me.

The fact that he is married to Paulina, makes him a lock for me.

This might be the reason for his improvement oddly enough. Total paraphrasing but I think playing with Gretzky helped ton. Being told by a GOAT that you are are freakish talent and should be the best but aren't and need to put in the work. The last 3-4 years he has really upped his game.

Yes, but if he is 50 and only has 1 major and 20 wins I might have to think about it. I am not too worried that will happen.

This is an interesting take.

He's in today, but if he doesn't do anything else, he's out?

More like if he plays to 50 and doesn't win again. That would cause me to have to think about. If for some reason he could never golf again then he is in. Not sure if that is the best way to evaluate it but in my mind it seems right. I can't imagine he won't win again nor would I ever hope he doesn't. I love watching him play

This is an interesting take.

He's in today, but if he doesn't do anything else, he's out?

No way. In is in.

His winnings by 50 would be astronomical even if he never wins any more events.

100% in my book. He has the wins, a better resume than some current HOF. I don’t see him not winning a few more majors so that will just be cement around an already string foundation

DLIII is in with 21 wins including 1 PGA Championship, so yes.

Back