Is there a brand/club/ball/line you feel like everyone has tried......

AP2's. I'd ballpark it around 3 times each week someone tries to describe something to me by comparing it to AP2's.

And they look at me like I've never had french fries when I tell them I don't know what they're talking about, never hit them.

Once I figure out the order in which titleist has decided to name their irons I'll try them. Still waiting.

Same feeling with graphite design tour AD shafts.

Last edited:
Miura

Man, I've heard of them, but don't know a single person who has ever tried them.
I have both the rainbow 72 and the OG 72. Goofy club, feels like you're going to hit your face even though the ball never comes close in reality.
IMG_20190514_160915.jpg

Also the 19° and 21° driving irons, huge sole on these
IMG_20181127_225917.jpg

Never even seen one in real life. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, I can’t really say that it is a brand that everyone has tried but me, LOL. I am such a club ho that I try way too many things.

Never hit anything TaylorMade, srixon

Up until recently my clubs have all been no name brands. So I have never tried most of the major OEM brands. Just Tour Edge, PXG and Srixon. I had an old Adams hybrid that I couldn’t hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Srixon and anything within the last ten years of Ping

I've never hit a Titleist club. Not one. Thats TSi line of woods though....look 🔥🔥

Last edited:
Tons. Srixon, Mizuno, Ben Hogan, Titleist irons and a whole host of others.

I’ve never used Cobra. I have some Puma polo shirts, they own Cobra, so I may be wrong there, technically.

Adams. Never used them.

Vice. Everyone seems to be talking about them, but I’ve never used their balls.

I was about to say Srixon, but I’ve occasionally used their balls. I’ve ever never bought a Srixon product though.

Never used Honma. I have a Honma ball in my winter bag, so I’ll give it a go. Purely as a box ticking exercise.

Benross. Never even held anything from them and yet I know a lot of people who swear by them. I honestly can’t have an opinion.

Galvin Green. I won’t encourage their ridiculous pricing. Same with Scotty Cameron putters. I have used one but it didn’t feel better or worse than my Nike Method. Same applies to PXG. Over priced snobbery. If you can afford it though, fill your boots. Just not for me.
50705584afa4654b68220170721267a3.jpg

Zoom in on that Honma price tag on the right.

Clubs that a lot of people love that I have never bought and played:

- Callaway Irons
- TaylorMade Irons
- TaylorMade Driver

Until this year I had never put any TM into the bag except for a Hi-Toe wedge, but I love my SIM Max FW's.

I've never hit a single Callaway club even though their woods really interest me.

And another is Mizuno irons. Really love how they look, and the feedback, but I've never played one.

I can’t think of anything remotely popular that I haven’t tried other than maybe TM Pix balls?

I haven’t even looked into them other than seeing some info on here but they’re just TP5 and X balls unless I missed something. I have tried those.

How many have hit (or heard of) Krank drivers? Hell I’ve hit them too, currently have two LD drivers sitting in the garage. Could have went with Sub 70 or Ben Hogan but thanks to @LLIB I've hit them too.

I can’t think of any company I haven’t played, or at least tested, something from them.

I have hit clubs from a lot of different manufacturers during fittings, but those that I haven't hit before include

Honma
Miura
XXIO
PXG

All because they haven't been available in my area - I have seen them in stores in Europe whilst on holiday in the past, but never had a chance to hit them

I can’t think of anything remotely popular that I haven’t tried other than maybe TM Pix balls?

I haven’t even looked into them other than seeing some info on here but they’re just TP5 and X balls unless I missed something. I have tried those.

How many have hit (or heard of) Krank drivers? Hell I’ve hit them too, currently have two LD drivers sitting in the garage. Could have went with Sub 70 or Ben Hogan but thanks to @LLIB I've hit them too.

I can’t think of any company I haven’t played, or at least tested, something from them.

Yeah, the Pix are just TP5 and TP5x with an alignment aid pattern. They’re pretty good balls.

I have a dozen sitting that I’ll use next season now. Been using Bridgestone B XS this year and I have to say that they’re the best balls I’ve ever used. Love them.

But you never have?

I was just thinking that I have never hit a vokey wedge, ever. Even in my CC wedge fitting.
Funny I have never hit a vokey wedge in my lifetime either. Weird.

In terms of every making the bag... Titleist and Srixon come to mind. Have hit their stuff at the demo shop but never made the cut to the bag.

Cobra. Have never played any of there line of clubs. Hit the driver twice,(2 swings) and that is it

I don't think I have played anything from Cobra. There are some brands that look interesting to me like Honma and Miura but I wouldn't put them in the category of clubs everyone has tried.

Vokey, Mizuno, Taylor Made, Topflite, Titleist are some of the clubs I never tried out, or thought much about. Seen them all being used, just never thought much about them.

I did try some of those TM Penta balls. Same with the PV-1 balls. Just didn't see any advantage to using them.

No, during my golf journey, Callaway Clubs were the only ones on my radar, until I found out about Tour Edge irons, and component clubs.

But you never have?

I was just thinking that I have never hit a vokey wedge, ever. Even in my CC wedge fitting.
Funny I have never hit a vokey wedge in my lifetime either. Weird.

I don't recall ever hitting a Vokey wedge. I've never rolled a Cameron putter either. I've never hit a Bridgestone club. I've not tried Tour Edge, SeeMore, Honma or Miura.

Outside of Snell, I don't recall trying any of the DTC balls.

I'd like to try Srixon irons sometime

Have never owned Callaway irons or drivers either, have hit them tho

For me, it would be easier to say what I HAVE played instead of what I haven't...

Picture this.. clubs are 10 or so years old... Taylor Made. Wedge Cleveland. Putter Yes!.

Add in a dash of Mizuno and that's me.:ROFLMAO:

I'd like to hit the rest. Everything else, every manufacturer.

But Callaway... they've always been on my WANT list. I've never pulled the trigger on them though. BB21 intrigues me.

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to read how it does... must have been channeling William Shatner or something.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Haven't tried Cobra clubs since the late '90's when they were still owned by Acushnet.

Back