Is there anything better than the Callaway Pre Owned Shop?

V14_Heels

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry to be a homer, but I find myself continuing to come back to the Callaway Pre Owned shop to buy stuff I don't need because they just beat any market that is out there. I can't find the stuff cheaper on eBay and half of that stuff is fake.

I wish every big brand would do this. I have no idea how profitable it is for Callaway but man do I love it. I've been really struggling with my wedges lately and got to thinking ok maybe I need a more forgiving wedge and have to give up on my awesome Edel's.

$54 and I got a Mack Daddy ordered.

If you haven't spent some time out there, you can really get some deals on there. The sales shift often.

Stop trying to make me spend money 😆

Is this open to anything better than CPO? Because I can think of a lot of things but they’re not golf related, and I’ll probably have to ban myself with some of the answers :/

I have also found some awesome deals on CPO. 54 bucks on a wedge is crazy good though!

I'm really surprised that more companies don't offer the same thing after the success of CPO.

CPO is my absolute go-to for used clubs. Over half my bag came from there.

I haven't bought anything in quite a while, but when I do more often than not I use Callaway Pre-Owned. Great customer service and great quality products. A couple of years ago I bought three fairway woods at an extremely reduced price...two of them still had the plastic on the heads, and the other looked like it had never been hit.

In a word is there anything better than Callaway CPO?

Theres’s a guy on reddit who said he works at Callaway CPO and can hand select “newer” used equipment. Might be worth checking out if anyone is making any buys soon!

My wife was recently fit into new clubs at one of the best fitting centers in the area. They kept her in stock/no upcharge options, except one wedge.

Set was going to be 7 iron through AW, but going through CPO, I was able to find a 6-GW set for less money despite the two extra clubs.

For the whole bag, driver, 2 fairways, irons, and a wedge that was purchased new because of the shaft upgrade, we saved $725 before trades, comparing the same number of irons (which is something my wife wanted anyway).

Everything is "like new" condition. If you call CPO, they will hook you up with a sales person who can keep a lookout for "outlet" clubs, i.e. still in plastic and never hit.

11 brand new clubs, still "in line" when she was fit, for under $2k? Yes, freaking please.

CPO is the best.

Theres’s a guy on reddit who said he works at Callaway CPO and can hand select “newer” used equipment. Might be worth checking out if anyone is making any buys soon!
It's true. See my post above. My guy was on the lookout for a "like new" 11 wood for 2 and a half weeks until he found one and we completed my order. Every thing else had been pulled and put on hold for me in the meantime.

I don't know how many account managers they have there, but when you call, you get hooked up, and that person is your person at Callaway. They can also help you with new clubs. If you're military, they can offer a discount (on the new side only).

Last edited:
I bought a Mavrik 7 iron in Fall 2021 for $65
from CPO
Can’t beat that!

I love Callaway pre owned. A couple of years ago I wanted to upgrade my equipment but didn't want to spend too much. I found CPO and ordered a bunch of stuff. The first time I had to call their customer service I immediately became a Callaway homer. They are the best and so easy to work with.

I would love someone to quantify exactly how much it does for club sales for them, because it seems like a ton. I know guys that get 4 crazy club changes in with trades and credits every year before they even get to look say another brand from a spending perspective. It really is unique to them.

If you're military, they can offer a discount.

No military discount on CPO, I asked a few weeks ago.
They said since their clubs are already discounted they don't do a military discount on top of it.
Only regular Callaway offers a military discount.

Callaway Pre-owned is the lick....I always refer people there.

It's like the inverse of every other online store. They write "like new" and things show up looking brand new. They undersell their stuff....and at good prices

They said since their clubs are already discounted they don't do a military discount on top of it.
Should have clarified, that the discount is only on the new side.

I would love someone to quantify exactly how much it does for club sales for them, because it seems like a ton. I know guys that get 4 crazy club changes in with trades and credits every year before they even get to look say another brand from a spending perspective. It really is unique to them.
Also they can liquidate inventory at the end of the year at a discount to retail prices. I bet their end of year price on CPO for “like new” stuff while great to us is still above their wholesale price is. It’s got to be a great profit center in their business model.

Sorry to be a homer, but I find myself continuing to come back to the Callaway Pre Owned shop to buy stuff I don't need because they just beat any market that is out there. I can't find the stuff cheaper on eBay and half of that stuff is fake.

I wish every big brand would do this. I have no idea how profitable it is for Callaway but man do I love it. I've been really struggling with my wedges lately and got to thinking ok maybe I need a more forgiving wedge and have to give up on my awesome Edel's.

$54 and I got a Mack Daddy ordered.

If you haven't spent some time out there, you can really get some deals on there. The sales shift often.

Yeah, I think they're pricing stuff to just not lose money on CPO.

I have been watching it since the Paradym release. Wanting to upgrade my driver and hoping there is an influx once the clubs hit the streets.

I have had good luck getting stuff there and would definitely buy there again. Everything is usually at least as good as not better than advertised condition.

Yeah I'm a BIG CPO fan. Especially since they're close to me now (same state).

I'm really surprised that more companies don't offer the same thing after the success of CPO.

This. It's shocking how many companies don't understand the business value of making things easy for the customer. PXG does this and so does CPO. I just ordered a like-new Rogue ST Max driver last night and with their sale and a few Callaway Bucks thrown in it'll get to my door for $300. I've probably bought more total clubs from them than anyone mostly because they make it so easy.

I have been watching it since the Paradym release. Wanting to upgrade my driver and hoping there is an influx once the clubs hit the streets.
Yes, usually a 2 to 3 week lag after release before the trade-ins start to come in.
I recently picked up an UW 21°, brand new for only $136.00 :love:

Back