it's o.k. that golf is not football

Did you read the LIV live threads the last 2 weekends? A lot more people watching in more ways than on CW.

I downloaded the LIV app for FireTV and it's impressive. If the PGAT has something similar I've never heard of it. If that's the future of TV golf then I'm totally in.

Golf coverage needs a modern day Frank Chirkanian-type character to enhance what's good, toss what's not working, and innovate to fill in the voids as necessary.

Golf coverage needs a modern day Frank Chirkanian-type character to enhance what's good, toss what's not working, and innovate to fill in the voids as necessary.
What could possibly fill in the voids more than showing more golf shots?

It really is this simple, but it’s so overthought by coverage and people in charge.

Just show more swings.

It really is this simple, but it’s so overthought by coverage and people in charge.

Just show more swings.
Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

i don't know... baby pictures?.... home video from 1986, i dunno.. knowing how people are, they'll get tired of simply more golf shots....

Face it, humans are a fickle bunch... I'm envisioning some sort of companion piece of tech to dig deeper into player stats, odds on particular shots (maybe this is where more golf shots comes in??) but yeah.... i can definitely see the average viewer getting tired of watching unless something new and shiny is dangled in front of them to go along with it.

Back