"Jacked" Lofts in 2020

Ok. I will take a bite.

Which is first of all the longest iron for 2021?

2020 want to be's need not apply.

Then, which is the strongest lofted 5 iron for 2021?

It usually seems like after the 7 iron, the clubs are running loose all over the lofts.

Again, don't even think about putting your two cents in the barrel with any thing with out a 2021 seal of approval.

Let the magic begin.

ORVELL. Where's my popcorn?

Ok. I will take a bite.

Which is first of all the longest iron for 2021?

2020 want to be's need not apply.

Then, which is the strongest lofted 5 iron for 2021?

It usually seems like after the 7 iron, the clubs are running loose all over the lofts.

Again, don't even think about putting your two cents in the barrel with any thing with out a 2021 seal of approval.

Let the magic begin.

ORVELL. Where's my popcorn?

Does this post come with a decoder ring?

Hmm, @Johan185 is like Beetlejuice with this thread, post here and he will reappear!🤣
Good to see you alive and kicking Johan. 😎

Listen, let's be clear. I have had time to reflect on my life and see the bigger picture.

I have a full set of P770' on back order since October. So I ain't no Anti-Lofter.

No Mor'

Still rockin' my Blades and still living here online for fellowship and fun.

Peace

Listen, let's be clear. I have had time to reflect on my life and see the bigger picture.

I have a full set of P770' on back order since October. So I ain't no Anti-Lofter.

No Mor'

Still rockin' my Blades and still living here online for fellowship and fun.

Peace

FWIW, IDC whether the lofts are "jacked" or not. I just want my irons to be gapped properly with AoD and spin rate that allows me to know how far they are going to go and what is going to happen when they land on the green.

I'm having the most fun in my life playing and much of that fun is coming from being able to hit approach shots that go the distance and direction I want and do what I expect when they land. Yesterday I played a course known for its sloped and undulating greens. The greens were running especially fast. So, when we came to the diabolical green on the 13th hole I knew it would be a challenge. The flag was middle of the green, just slightly right of center. But the slope is severe back to front and right to left. O, and the approach is straight up a mountain, so your AoD is impacted. I hit just the shot I envisioned landing the ball just off the green on the right 1/3 of the way back. The ball bounced onto the green, turned left, took a peek at the hole and stopped 10 feet left. No one else could hold the green. It's a lot of fun hitting a shot like that and knowing the distance, direction, and how the ball will react when it lands.

If the gapping and stopping power exists, the lofts don’t matter to me. I just need to know how far I will generally hit the clubs.

Where do you stand on this in 2020?

Necessary for tech that we are seeing?
Excuse to make people think they hit the ball far?
A fad that will go away?

Give some strong reasoning on how you feel, and what matters to you.
Since the US Open Champ is not Stopping until he Hits the green on a par 5 at Augusta National, will the tech make the distance debate obsolete or impossible to ignore?

Since the US Open Champ is not Stopping until he Hits the green on a par 5 at Augusta National, will the tech make the distance debate obsolete or impossible to ignore?

There's a distance debate?

I hit my new irons a club longer than my old irons. Some people say technology. Others say physics.

Which side are you on.

I hit my new irons a club longer than my old irons. Some people say technology. Others say physics.

Which side are you on.
I go with science. My pw will go further than your 7i as long as my pw is 25*.

Essentially it’s all down to the degrees of the club. Callaway is awful at this. Several years ago there 5i was 25* (around there) and now it’s almost down to 21*. Yea you’re hitting the new 5i further but technology has nothing to do with that.

Back