Jailbird 380 with microhinge or white hot?

PippoMurphy

Reaction score
I need this Jailbird 380 putter but torn between the microhinge face or the white hot. Suggestions?

I have used both and currently use White Hot. The difference to me is the micro hinge is a bit more muted in sound.

I have been and always will be a White Hot fan. Balance of feel and sound is just so good imo.

microhinge launches really high. It's an excellent insert if you play on slightly shaggy greens. I personally prefer the feel of the White Hot.

WH is the greatest insert of all time. I’d go WH.

I use the MH. I haven’t tried out the white hot. Before the MH, I only used milled putters. The MH feels really nice to me.

White Hot.

White hot

Having rolled both, and having a Jailbird WH and a #7 microhinge, I greatly prefer the WH insert. Much better feel, distance control and just overall works better with the headweight of the Jailbird, IMO.

Plus, best insert of all time, like others have said.

Totally a personal preference.

For me the microhinge wins in a landslide.
And here I thought your taste was questionable. :ROFLMAO: MH puts a better roll on the ball than WH also a slightly softer feel vs WH in my opinion.

Vote for MH here as well - absolutely love mine, and sadly I don't get along well with the WH insert.

Microhinge here. At least until there's an Ai-One version

Helpful discussion. I picked up the WH version and quite like it. The audible feedback is helpful. That said, I would love to roll the MH and WH head to head to see which I prefer. And to make things more complicated, I am quite curious to see if they release a version with an AI one insert. If they do, I will probably buy one. Love this style of putter.

this is my opinion,..

white hot has been around for ages. ive used them, although not extensively, its great. But I habitually leave my putts short with the WH because its too soft and my feel is really off with them. The Micro Hinge helps in this regard that it lifts the ball off and gets the ball rolling much much quicker than any other insert. The guys at ClubchampionMedia on YT has done tests on this. So to me the MH has more pop to it and possibly gets the ball rolling a tad further with the same equal swing. So to me, the MH helps me in that way.

They both feel great. So perhaps you could make your decision that way.

Really a personal preference. Personally in Odyssey I hate microhinge, like WH, really like microhinge star

I've played Microhinge Star and OG White Hot in my last two putters. I prefer the feel of the White Hot, the MH is a bit firmer to me and puts a little hotter roll on the ball. I don't think there's a bad choice to be made, it comes down to personal preference.

I've played Microhinge Star and OG White Hot in my last two putters. I prefer the feel of the White Hot, the MH is a bit firmer to me and puts a little hotter roll on the ball. I don't think there's a bad choice to be made, it comes down to personal preference.
The Jailbird is Microhinge not Microhinge Star which is more like a combo of MH and WH I believe.

I rolled a Jailbird White Hot at Golf Galaxy over the weekend and almost bought it. I loved the feel and the roll it put on the ball.

I used to love microhinge because it put such a good roll on the ball, but I love the sound/feel of white so much more. I'd recommend white hot personally but it all depends what you like to see/feel/hear off the face I think.

Back