ttucliffhanger

2024 Bag Boy Championship - Aqua Men
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Well, the wife and I ordered a 2021 Wrangler JLU Sahara a couple weeks ago and I know there are some other Jeep owners on here, so thought I would start a thread.

What mods you guys/gals have?!?! Let's see picks.

Also, any tips for first time Jeep owners as well.

Bought the supplies for a door holder yesterday and will be starting to do the build this evening. Will post pics once it's done. What does everyone use for hard top lifts in their garage for storage/removal? We are looking at a hoist, but have low ceilings and no access to the attic, but going to do some measurements and assessments tonight.

Lets see them Jeeps!

Update. Purchased a Lange Hoist-a-Top for the garage to lift the hard top off. Only downside is it won't be here till November, which is ok I guess, considering our Jeep wont be here till sometime in October more than likely and then we won't be taking the top off any time soon after that lol.

Looking forward to seeing this beast.

Looking forward to seeing this beast.
She will be all stock for a bit, minus little things hear and there. Wife wants to accent it in purple, which I told her was fine as long as she didn't make it gawdy. lol. I said it still has to be suitable for a dude to drive it.

I have a 2021 jeep wrangler 2 dr wyliis wheeler yellow in color. Turbo 4 with 8 speed auto, couldn't be happier with jeep. 16 -18 MPG in town, haven't been on road trip. So don't know MPG on road.

I have a 2021 jeep wrangler 2 dr wyliis wheeler yellow in color. Turbo 4 with 8 speed auto, couldn't be happier with jeep. 16 -18 MPG in town, haven't been on road trip. So don't know MPG on road.
we went with the 3.6 V6 and white in color. It was between white and red and we chose white. There is so much I want to do to it, but it's an endless rabbit hole of money lol.

Wife has a Jeep Cherokee....I keep asking her to take her top down, but she declines ??!!

Yes so much you can modify and it's not cheap, I have 33 inch wheels. Black wheels and grill, 3 piece hard top.

Wife has a Jeep Cherokee....I keep asking her to take her top down, but she declines ??!!
We looked at the Grand Cherokee and honestly, it was the smoothest and quietest vehicle I've ever rode in, but we weren't buying for that reason lol.

Yes so much you can modify and it's not cheap, I have 33 inch wheels. Black wheels and grill, 3 piece hard top.
We too went with the 3 piece hard top. Everything else is stock though. Got the cold weather package, led package and I think pretty much everything minus the advanced safety package because ACC is just dumb! lol. Our kia that we are trading in has it and we hate it.

We looked at the Grand Cherokee and honestly, it was the smoothest and quietest vehicle I've ever rode in, but we weren't buying for that reason lol.
Looking for the bouncy ride??!!:LOL:

Looking for the bouncy ride??!!:LOL:
hahahaha. Not really, but we both have always wanted a Jeep since we were kids. We literally looked at just about everything, within reason of course.

I told my wife I wanted the new Jeep truck when we got her Cherokee.....it was $72 K list price......dayum...!!!???

I’ve read on the wrangler forums that some people will just install 4 eye bolts and then run a couple ratchet straps under the hard top, one at the front and on at the back and then just ratchet it up a few inches.

I told my wife I wanted the new Jeep truck when we got her Cherokee.....it was $72 K list price......dayum...!!!???
yeah they aren't cheap. we didn't pay anthing close to that price, but we found out about a program called Tread Lightly. It's a $100 membership but it gets you a price at 1% below factory invoice (not msrp) with no haggle and can be used twice a year. Not all dealerships participate, but after we ordered it, I stumbled across the program on a Jeep forum and called the dealership to see if they honored it. Salesman called me back stating they honored it to sign up. Only catch is you have to be a member for 30 days in order to use the discount, but our jeep wont be here for another 4 to 5 weeks, so we are good.

I’ve read on the wrangler forums that some people will just install 4 eye bolts and then run a couple ratchet straps under the hard top, one at the front and on at the back and then just ratchet it up a few inches.
I've seen that, but there are a couple of problems with that:

1. The wife can't really do it by herself and
2. When you let it down there is no constant, slow, etc. speed, especially if I am not there.

With ratchet straps you have to lift up on the top to hook the hooks on. With this system you do not. We got it at a big discount too. We have low hanging ceilings in the garage and this was one of the options to get it closer to the top and be able to store the freedom tops on top of it.

Overall, this is mainly so the wife can do it buy herself, with no assistance in the event I'm not there (i.e., I am gone for the Navy or just out and she wants to do it herself).

Here are a few pics of my 2016 Wrangler Unlimited Backcountry. Only thing I’ve done to it is add the tow hitch that I bought and bolted on.
ABEA0AB6-4DC9-49B0-B702-5A6D224079FB.jpeg5B97697B-C736-4099-ADBB-2524A8647637.jpegC131BD32-2F79-4A91-B35D-F2FB664430B6.jpeg

I've seen that, but there are a couple of problems with that:

1. The wife can't really do it by herself and
2. When you let it down there is no constant, slow, etc. speed, especially if I am not there.

With ratchet straps you have to lift up on the top to hook the hooks on. With this system you do not. We got it at a big discount too. We have low hanging ceilings in the garage and this was one of the options to get it closer to the top and be able to store the freedom tops on top of it.

Overall, this is mainly so the wife can do it buy herself, with no assistance in the event I'm not there (i.e., I am gone for the Navy or just out and she wants to do it herself).
That’s why I just get my golfing buddy, who is in one of the pics above, to help me haha. We just lift it and set it in the garage. Just have to make sure of no rain in the forecast.

That’s why I just get my golfing buddy, who is in one of the pics above, to help me haha. We just lift it and set it in the garage. Just have to make sure of no rain in the forecast.
Yeah. I'm not always around and we live way out in the country and it has to be lifted as we have an 86 Chevy pickup parked in the garage and the top will hang over it.

Update. Purchased a Lange Hoist-a-Top for the garage to lift the hard top off. Only downside is it won't be here till November, which is ok I guess, considering our Jeep wont be here till sometime in October more than likely and then we won't be taking the top off any time soon after that lol.
This is a great purchase. IF you don't have one or something along the lines you never actually take the top off.

This is a great purchase. IF you don't have one or something along the lines you never actually take the top off.
This was one of the reasons I ordered it! I didn't want it to become a chore pulling the top on and off and I wanted it easy to do.

Yeah. I'm not always around and we live way out in the country and it has to be lifted as we have an 86 Chevy pickup parked in the garage and the top will hang over it.
I'd like to have the one you got but I is cheap and I only have to give him a couple beers.:ROFLMAO:

I'd like to have the one you got but I is cheap and I only have to give him a couple beers.:ROFLMAO:
haha. it's actually on sale for $319.99, normally $499.99 with free shipping. Like I said earlier though, the only downside is ship date isn't until Nov. 11th.

I don't have an attic in my garage, and ceilings are only 8' so I have to go from the ceiling directly into the hoist, otherwise I would have went with a different one.

Back