I'd like to have the one you got but I is cheap and I only have to give him a couple beers.:ROFLMAO:
So the website said that the hoist wouldn’t ship till Nov 11th and got out to my car and had a FedEx shipping notice lol. It will be here Thursday.

Here is our 2015 Jeep Wrangler. We recently had it lifted 3.5” added steering stabilizer w/ 35” tires. Went with rims by Fuel. Next up will be a new stereo system & replacing mud flaps & potential soft top.
C259EFA0-03F8-4C37-9127-4A9AD46D8973.jpeg
3FEC7958-78C1-4E77-A1E6-CC8D994AC286.jpeg

Here is our 2015 Jeep Wrangler. We recently had it lifted 3.5” added steering stabilizer w/ 35” tires. Went with rims by Fuel. Next up will be a new stereo system & replacing mud flaps & potential soft top.
View attachment 9027785
View attachment 9027787
I like those wheels. We will be putting a 2.5” lift on sometime I’m guessing. At least that’s what I want to do. The only downside is we have to get it done by Chrysler bc we got a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty on it and if we don’t do it through Chrysler it voids it, but on the flip side I’m ok with it bc if it breaks after they put it on it’s on them lol.

I like those wheels. We will be putting a 2.5” lift on sometime I’m guessing. At least that’s what I want to do. The only downside is we have to get it done by Chrysler bc we got a lifetime bumper to bumper warranty on it and if we don’t do it through Chrysler it voids it, but on the flip side I’m ok with it bc if it breaks after they put it on it’s on them lol.
Yeah we looked at Jeep doing it and it came down to being almost 40% more. It was crazy. I want 2.5” but shop that did it talked me into a 3.5”.

View attachment 9027785
View attachment 9027787
How's the ride? What size wheels? What brand? If you don't mind what was your cost for the lift? Did you do it yourself? Was hard? That's pretty close to what I was going to go with. I've got a 2016 and have held off lifting wanting use up the original tires a bit. I've put 20k on now and am ready.

Yeah we looked at Jeep doing it and it came down to being almost 40% more. It was crazy. I want 2.5” but shop that did it talked me into a 3.5”.
They quoted us $2500 for a 2.5” lift installed.

Had an ‘01 Jeep Wrangler Sport with the inline 6 cyl., 5 speed manual tranny. Great vehicle, for the most part. Bare bones, crank up windows… but it did have a/c. Great off-road…

Drove mine to 140k miles…. Had the “death wobble” that couldn’t be resolved… at least not for any length of time… it always returned.

If I did much highway driving, I never would have kept it as long as I did due to the wobble which kicked in right around 60 mph. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

was shocked when I traded it in on a VW gti and they gave me $6500 for it 😳

Good luck with your new Jeep… they sure are “purty” these days and very well appointed !!

How's the ride? What size wheels? What brand? If you don't mind what was your cost for the lift? Did you do it yourself? Was hard? That's pretty close to what I was going to go with. I've got a 2016 and have held off lifting wanting use up the original tires a bit. I've put 20k on now and am ready.
Ride is better if not as good as prior to the lift. Tires are 35’s BF Goodrich All Terrain tires. Think we paid around 2400 for the lift. Tires and rims were the most expensive cost.

Ride is better if not as good as prior to the lift. Tires are 35’s BF Goodrich All Terrain tires. Think we paid around 2400 for the lift. Tires and rims were the most expensive cost.
What lift kit brand?

d75370f694f3cd336156c40c8dfe59f8.jpg

Consider the AEV 2.5 lift for the Jeep. I did a cheap one first time around and wound up paying twice. Their steering damper / angle correction setup is worth the extra $100. There are way more capable lifts out there, but AEV checks most of the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a '92 Jeep Cherokee in high school. My dad is a mechanical engineer and did great on maintenance and upkeep, it ran to 386k miles on the same engine and transmission. This is with a high schooler driving it and beating it up for the last 60k+ miles, too. Got rid of it (it sold more as scrap parts) just because its days were probably numbered, but it was still running pretty well. Have liked Jeeps every since but don't know if I would realistically look in that direction again.

Here is the Jeep door holder in progress. Gotta glue it all together and clamp it down to the furniture dollies. Just put it together to make sure it was going to work. I also have to apply the foam padding. Once the doors are placed in the slots, I’ll also run a strap from end to end through the windows for added protection. 635FE8EF-6478-4357-AC48-B36E9D315738.jpeg

Last edited:
Unpopular opinion here but for the price and how they ride on the highway way overrated. Yes I have drove several different models.

Unpopular opinion here but for the price and how they ride on the highway way overrated. Yes I have drove several different models.
I think they drive pretty nice on the highway, especially for the type of vehicle it is. Most people don't buy a Jeep for a smooth ride.

Had an ‘01 Jeep Wrangler Sport with the inline 6 cyl., 5 speed manual tranny. Great vehicle, for the most part. Bare bones, crank up windows… but it did have a/c. Great off-road…

Drove mine to 140k miles…. Had the “death wobble” that couldn’t be resolved… at least not for any length of time… it always returned.

If I did much highway driving, I never would have kept it as long as I did due to the wobble which kicked in right around 60 mph. Other than that, I really enjoyed it.

was shocked when I traded it in on a VW gti and they gave me $6500 for it 😳

Good luck with your new Jeep… they sure are “purty” these days and very well appointed !!
I had a 2006 for a couple of years and really enjoyed it. That thing was horrible on the Interstate though, to the point I wouldn't drive it over 65mph. I bought it for $8,500, did a little work on it and sold it for $10,000 I think two years later. It's nuts how they hold value.

I had a 2006 for a couple of years and really enjoyed it. That thing was horrible on the Interstate though, to the point I wouldn't drive it over 65mph. I bought it for $8,500, did a little work on it and sold it for $10,000 I think two years later. It's nuts how they hold value.
To the holding value, it's very crazy. We looked at a 2018 with 36k miles on it and it was only a few thousand lower than a brand new one with more options. Just nuts! In reference to the way they drive on the interstate, the ones we drove rode very nice, actually better than I ever expected, but I was expecting a really rough ride as I've had mud tires on my truck and all terrains on it now.

I’ve read on the wrangler forums that some people will just install 4 eye bolts and then run a couple ratchet straps under the hard top, one at the front and on at the back and then just ratchet it up a few inches.
There's a $100 kit you can buy that does this very thing, except it has some corner brackets that keep the straps off the door/top seals. I just ordered it. I already have a winch set up for the bar hatch, so it should work nicely after I make some adjustments.

There's a $100 kit you can buy that does this very thing, except it has some corner brackets that keep the straps off the door/top seals. I just ordered it. I already have a winch set up for the bar hatch, so it should work nicely after I make some adjustments.
You will have to post pics once you get it set up. I'm looking forward to the Lange setup I have on the way.

Here is the Jeep door holder in progress. Gotta glue it all together and clamp it down to the furniture dollies. Just put it together to make sure it was going to work. I also have to apply the foam padding. Once the doors are placed in the slots, I’ll also run a strap from end to end through the windows for added protection. View attachment 9027830
That's a great idea and super easy. I'll have to build one.

That's a great idea and super easy. I'll have to build one.
I have the website that gives the instructions. I will post it once I get off work today and have access to my phone. Someone is selling the blue print to it on Esty, but I stumbled across it for free, lol. I will say, pay attention to the comments as the the guy recommended revised cuts and that's what I went with, well, tried to go with. My cuts were a tad off (around 1/4") as I'm not great with a circular saw and it's all I had, but it shouldn't affect it at all, especially once I get it glued together and strapped to the dollies. I got the dollies at Harbor Freight. Was going to go with the (1) 30", but they had the small one right next to it and now the ends don't hang off at all. That being said I bought some pool noodles a few weeks ago in prep for this and will be using them for the padding and just zip tieing them to the pipes.

I have the website that gives the instructions. I will post it once I get off work today and have access to my phone. Someone is selling the blue print to it on Esty, but I stumbled across it for free, lol. I will say, pay attention to the comments as the the guy recommended revised cuts and that's what I went with, well, tried to go with. My cuts were a tad off (around 1/4") as I'm not great with a circular saw and it's all I had, but it shouldn't affect it at all, especially once I get it glued together and strapped to the dollies. I got the dollies at Harbor Freight. Was going to go with the (1) 30", but they had the small one right next to it and now the ends don't hang off at all. That being said I bought some pool noodles a few weeks ago in prep for this and will be using them for the padding and just zip tieing them to the pipes.
Thanks but I don't need a blueprint for that. Others might appreciate it, however. If the pool noodles don't work, you could always glue some carpet to the pipes. That should be enough protection.
In fact, I'll probably modify it for a wall mount set up.

Every Jeep is that way about holding Value.
I've owned several in the past and in at least the Midwest, someone is always looking for a Jeep to handle the Winter.

I was a Jeep Wrangler owner and while I loved it, I don’t entirely disagree with you (with respect to ride). However, I think most people acknowledge the shortcomings of the short wheelbase going into the deal, and there are other features they want that outweigh the shortcomings.

My son is a perfect example. He bought a a 2015 Wrangler, new, and is just starting to think about other vehicles as a daily driver….

Side note: It seems like, outside the US, if looking for the basic, inexpensive 4WD vehicle that Jeep used to represent, they the Suzuki Jimmy fills that niche

many how…. Still love the Wrangler

I own a 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I don’t know if that really counts as owning a Jeep.

Unfortunately, I pour cold water on the thread. I would never ever purchase another one. This vehicle has had $10,000 worth of repairs and it only has 76,000 miles. Right now, I have been waiting for a month for the parts to come in for a new rear differential. I don’t dare drive it anywhere far or rough while I wait. Now, my climate system has stopped working, for the second time. I am driving around in 90 plus degree temps with no A/C and no fan.

I am thoroughly disappointed and was so excited when I purchased it, thinking that it was the perfect vehicle for my wants and needs.

Back