Jordan Flight Runner Golf Shoes

Looks like these are going fast.

Thought really hard about pulling the trigger on these, but then read that they aren't waterproof, so that's a no go. I'll save my money and probably get some Lunar Control 3s or TW 15s later this year.

The lack of waterproofing was a done deal for me. I'd rather spend that type money on TW15 that are waterproof.

Im a sneaker head so I got a pair. Will say Im disappointed they arent waterproof also.

Some early thoughts vs TW15's: They a little more comfortable than the TW's. Much more athletic friendly soft tongue, the mesh is more flexible and bends better, feels a little more cushion-y, same stable sole. They also look lots better IMO. 15's look nicer than before but it still has a little of that orthopedic shoe vibe that previous versions had. TW15 claims waterproof but it really isn't in my experience. The 13's and 14's (waterproof version) were definitely waterPROOF. The 13's are still my go to wet conditions shoe. My feet have gotten wet with the 15's, mostly just from walking on damp turf and water getting in through the sides and the top of the toes just behind the little extra rubber lip. You can tell why too, as older versions were a solid piece of rubber (or whatever material) straight up to the tongue. The change to the mesh like material in the 15's makes the shoe more flexible and comfortable but lets a little water in.

In sum, if water is what's holding you up, the 13's or 14's is the choice. 15's may be more water resistant than the Jordans but certainly not waterproof. The Jordans incorporate all the sneaker comfort (and no razor tongue as many TW wearers bemoan) you'd expect but in a golf shoe with changeable spikes.

Back