Jordan Retro 4 Golf Shoes

And in some ways they have been forced to go this route, because putting tech into the shoe, failed in terms of their goals. They feel behind, pretty far in the tech space and market share was a distant 3rd/4th depending on the release timing.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I would never say these shoes are "lightweight" or have anywhere near the same level of technology built into some of the other brands.

I mean let's call a spade a spade, they are basketball shoes with golf spikes on them.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I would never say these shoes are "lightweight" or have anywhere near the same level of technology built into some of the other brands.

I mean let's call a spade a spade, they are basketball shoes with golf spikes on them.
So true, but they do really well with the limited drops and the margins are insane.
It makes sense, since they were struggling to compete where they wanted to, which was top 2. Losing to Adidas and Puma is not in the cards for Nike long term if you know anything about their culture. So seeing it happen made all of the sense in the world to begin down this path and regain 3rd place.

I just can't with these. But I wear joggers so I know my opinion doesn't matter :LOL:

So true, but they do really well with the limited drops and the margins are insane.
It makes sense, since they were struggling to compete where they wanted to, which was top 2. Losing to Adidas and Puma is not in the cards for Nike long term if you know anything about their culture. So seeing it happen made all of the sense in the world to begin down this path and regain 3rd place.

It is insane that they have such a foothold (no pun intended) in the casual sneaker market, but it hasn't correlated to golf shoes, or not currently at least. Maybe they just aren't putting the same emphasis behind golf as other areas?

It is insane that they have such a foothold (no pun intended) in the casual sneaker market, but it hasn't correlated to golf shoes, or not currently at least. Maybe they just aren't putting the same emphasis behind golf as other areas?

I think that is part of it. I also think other companies have put out some pretty serious performance stuff and that resonates unlike casual.
I think the uneasy part to talk about with this brand is who they cater to and it is not the golfer after their last couple of years of sponsorships. They endorse a number of highly outspoken athletes that are anti what a lot of golfers believe in. Whether that is right or wrong, any business taking one side of matters when it involves police, politics, etc is going to alienate another.

I don't understand the look or practicality of a high top basketball shoe with spikes in it, for golf.

never have. Never will

I don't understand the look or practicality of a high top basketball shoe with spikes in it, for golf.

never have. Never will

that's a mid-top though. :unsure:

These look great for basketball, not sure about golf.

I’ve never liked Jordan’s, never caught my eye.

These have to look strange on a golf course especially with shorts or even long pants for that matter. Whatever floats your boat.

i have contemplated those...how do you like them? spiked or spikeless?
Spikeless (but a deep spikeless pattern) Super comfortable and have had no slippage issues at all even in super damp/wet grass or the dormant zoysia we have here.
There is a known issue with them, it seems they want to squeak, but baby powder over the insole solved that issue and never had a problem with it at all.
I have tried quite a few spikeless shoes and these IMO are the best for traction.

Spikeless (but a deep spikeless pattern) Super comfortable and have had no slippage issues at all even in super damp/wet grass or the dormant zoysia we have here.
There is a known issue with them, it seems they want to squeak, but baby powder over the insole solved that issue and never had a problem with it at all.
I have tried quite a few spikeless shoes and these IMO are the best for traction.
Similar feelings with the original ADGs. I think it's the best spikeless tread pattern out there.

Similar feelings with the original ADGs. I think it's the best spikeless tread pattern out there.

i'm was never really a huge nike fan but have liked my 270G's and the React Infinity's (more comfortable to walk in than i thought they'd be)...that being said, i need another pair of shoes like i need a new driver :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I really like these, but if another pair of golf shoes shows up at my door, it will not be a Happy Holidays.
Hope they drop some more 11’s before Christmas 🤣😂🤣

Love jordan IV's but not as a golf shoe, plus I already have the regular version of these.

These are horrific in every way possible for golf.
Well, now I need to find you another holiday gift.

Back