Saw it tonight. It was hot garbage. Marvel can make Guardians of the Galaxy brilliant and WB and DC can’t make Batman or Superman tolerable.

Why do you think it was hot garbage?

Why do you think it was hot garbage?

The villain was week and horribly developed. There was no sense of real urgency or tension, you knew Superman was coming to save the day. Cutting to the family in Russia in the house served no purpose. The CGI was awful. It was just a sloppy mess of a movie.

The villain was week and horribly developed. There was no sense of real urgency or tension, you knew Superman was coming to save the day. Cutting to the family in Russia in the house served no purpose. The CGI was awful. It was just a sloppy mess of a movie.
You forgot to do this with a spoiler. Now I know superman comes back from the dead to save the day. Lol
Worth a rental or really that bad?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

You forgot to do this with a spoiler. Now I know superman comes back from the dead to save the day. Lol

I mean I would rent it, I would even agree in its worth seeing in the theatre. It's just more of a letdown for me that DC keeps dropping the ball when they arguably have the best lineup of superheroes.

Hey, its a holiday weekend. All three of my kids are coming home so we will hit the theater, buy the big box of popcorn and enjoy the movie.Even if its not awesome it will be a fun night.

I mean I would rent it, I would even agree in its worth seeing in the theatre. It's just more of a letdown for me that DC keeps dropping the ball when they arguably have the best lineup of superheroes.
Had this discussion recently DC vs Marvel. That's a tough one, I've always preferred DC but Marvel has some great characters too. I like them both.

Had this discussion recently DC vs Marvel. That's a tough one, I've always preferred DC but Marvel has some great characters too. I like them both.

You could argue that the Marvel movies are a bit formulaic at this point and I would agree. I am hoping with Black Panther coming we see a bit more of a deviation from the model so far. But for all their faults there has not been a single bad Marvel produced movie.

You could argue that the Marvel movies are a bit formulaic at this point and I would agree. I am hoping with Black Panther coming we see a bit more of a deviation from the model so far. But for all their faults there has not been a single bad Marvel produced movie.
Did you like Dr. Strange?

Last Fantastic 4 was not good IMO.

Did you like Dr. Strange?

Last Fantastic 4 was not good IMO.

I did, I think it could have been better but I liked the cast. It's not my top-3 but I can watch it repeatedly so I consider that a plus.

Fantastic 4 was done by 20th Century Fox so no surprises it was terrible.

I did, I think it could have been better but I liked the cast. It's not my top-3 but I can watch it repeatedly so I consider that a plus.

Fantastic 4 was done by 20th Century Fox so no surprises it was terrible.
I wasn't sure of the guy that played Strange, not one of my favorites. I still need to watch it.

I wasn't sure of the guy that played Strange, not one of my favorites. I still need to watch it.

It had one of my favorite villains of the marvel movies and the special effects are well done. Worth a watch.

Dr. Strange was fantastic. Loved every moment of it.

Yeah, I am in the same boat, I have loved several of the Marvel movies (both Guardians, Ragnarok, Iron Man, CA: Winter Soldier) but only one would I just skip if I was channel surfing (Iron Man 2 was as bad as they made in my opinion). Batman v Superman, despite me being a huge batman fan and buying the entire damn death of superman story (where Doomsday was introduced) when I was a tween I didn't even finish BvS in one sitting... I had to spread it out over to viewings...

I am going to watch Justice league tonight and hope I come out of it like I did with Wonder Woman, but I doubt that will be the case. I just think they put way to much in Zach Snyders hands. Sure 300 was great, but Snyder followed Frank Miller's comic book (as he should have) then when he tried to do his own thing (Sucker Punch) it was not great... I did not enjoy Watchmen even though it is one of the best comic book stories ever written. Legends of the Guardian, Owls of Gahoole anyone?

Trying to go into this with positive vibes, I will just get myself a hot dog and some popcorn and remember I have movie pass so I am paying maybe $3.00 for this movie if that.

Watched it this afternoon, enjoyed it. Some weirdly poor CGI at times, and some horrible dialog and acting but Flash/cyborg/Aquaman made things a little more fun.

I think it is pretty obvious they cut some things out to keep the run time under a certain time limit, but I think they covered what they needed to.

Wonder how long until we see Green Lantern enter the fold.

I think it will long time before some of these characters are revisited. I highly doubt we see Henry Cavill back as Superman. I personally think he is the best Superman yet, but the general public just has not taken to him like the WB had hoped. I think Snyder and the WB overplayed their hand with Superman. General audiences did not want a Superman who was reckless(I loved the idea of Superman having to learn from his mistakes). Then to have him "die" in Batman V Superman was just too soon. They forced Batman into that film just to take a short cut in getting to Justice League quicker than doing it the "Marvel" way. Aquaman is in post production. We will see that next year. Then in April of 2019 we get the "real" Captain Marvel, "Shazam". After that it will be Wonder Woman 2 and Matt Reeve's Batman. I think everything else will depend on Aquaman. All of these movies will be self contained with no mentions of the Justice League and more than likely, no mentions of other super heroes. Would not be surprised to see a "Batman family" of films become developed. Wonder Woman and Batman(if Ben Affleck hasn't destroyed the character) will be your DCEU from now on.

and Batman(if Ben Affleck hasn't destroyed the character) will be your DCEU from now on.

I will admit this is the first time I have heard that since the "before we ever saw it we decided it is bad because...Affleck" reactions. Pretty much everyone I have talked to live he is there favorite Batman by far and there is some real disappointment rumors are he is done. He did a great job with it.

Nerfny wants to go see this tonight. But I think it's because she doesn't want the repeat of me at the bar till 4AM again from last years Thanksgiving Eve

I will admit this is the first time I have heard that since the "before we ever saw it we decided it is bad because...Affleck" reactions. Pretty much everyone I have talked to live he is there favorite Batman by far and there is some real disappointment rumors are he is done. He did a great job with it.

I think Affleck is a pretty damn good Batman. Much better then expected.

I think Affleck is a pretty damn good Batman. Much better then expected.

I am not a huge Affleck fan but I enjoyed him as Batman at this point in his life. A little older, beaten up a bit and knowing he cant do it forever.

At this point I hoping they just go Flashpoint, reset the whole universe. It would make sense in terms of DC continuity and would let WB and DC reset the universe entirely.

I am not a huge Affleck fan but I enjoyed him as Batman at this point in his life. A little older, beaten up a bit and knowing he cant do it forever.

Affleck is a decent Bruce Wayne but not a good Batman, if that makes sense at all.

Affleck is a decent Bruce Wayne but not a good Batman, if that makes sense at all.

Yes. Bale was an awesome Batman but a terrible Bruce Wayne.

Justice League

Just saw it. The plot was whack but it was cool seeing them all on the big screen together. Reboot of Green Lantern needed for this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justice League was okay. I prefer Marvel to DC and I still thought they did a good job. Not sure why it is taking such a beating. Maybe expectations were a bit too high.

I saw it tonight and thought it was just okay. Didn't like the Flash character or a bunch of the casting decisions (Affleck as Batman, the guy that played Superman, Lois Lane). I also thought the story was a little slow.

Back