Oh and I enjoyed Batman vs Superman a lot more than this one. And I made a mistake when I said no good DC movies. I loved Wonder Woman.

It was a good movie but I do not get the extreme hype around it. It was far too similar to First Avenger for me.

I haven’t seen it yet but Wonder Woman last year was great. I think they can really have something with Aquaman if they get it right. I saw Nolan’s The Dark Knight again for the 5th or 6th time this past weekend and you forget how incredible that trilogy was. It’s a shame they never continued with the Robin story especially with how the 3rd one ended. Snyder is a visionary and you do feel like you are seeing a living comic book. Even if the new one is meh, I remind myself that I am not too far away from being the amazed kid playing Atari and reading comic books and now the new movies make all of that come to life and more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snyder is brilliant with visuals but he is a terrible director. He hit lightning in a bottle with 300 but everything since then is just all flash and no substance.

The weekend ticket sales came in well under what they hoped for. I will still be seeing it. I love these kind of movies and its fun to see them over the holidays.

For those on the fence, I thoroughly enjoyed JL. Went with 9 of my closest friends/relatives and it was universally enjoyed by all, from my 10 year old niece who had never seen a super hero movie on up to a guy who had every comic he could get his hands on collected for years.

We all thought it was a lot of fun. Some drama for those who like that, a bit of tension, some comedy relief, some battle scenes that made sense and you could actually tell what was going on...I loved Thor Ragnarok and probably liked it a bit more, but not much.

I am not a "must fit the canon" guy, I take the movie for what it is, as long as it makes sense within itself it is good. There are a couple moments, including the final post-credit scene, where you need to have seen Batman v Superman (which was 1000% better in the directors cut) and/or Wonder Woman but nothing that makes it so you don't "get" JL.

I don't particularly care if it matches the comics or doesn't as long as it tells a good story and does it in an entertaining way. It does that in spades.

As for the Darkseid/Steppenwolf thing...I personally am really glad they did not start at the top. They did with Green Lantern...started with the villain who destroyed the entire universe. Where do you go from there? Build up to it. Give them time to find their feet, learn how to use their powers and function as a team. After Darkseid can you regress to Steppenwolf? stakes become too low. Same struggle in a sense they will have with Superman now. He already killed Doomsday, the villain that killed him...who is a threat now?

Anyhow, if you are looking for a good time full of fun, this movie will serve you well, really hard to go wrong with either this or Ragnarok.

I saw it and thought it was well done. One of my favs as far as super hero, fantasy movies are concerned.

It’s so interesting to me that comic book readers are not able to just enjoy these movies for what they are. It’s a movie based on comic book about fantasy characters. Non of it is real just like Marvel.

It’s so interesting to me that comic book readers are not able to just enjoy these movies for what they are. It’s a movie based on comic book about fantasy characters. Non of it is real just like Marvel.

I think it's similar to most who read books and then see the movie afterwards. But for me, comic readers are much more entrenched in what they are reading because of how invested in the series they become over time(if that makes sense).

Now that's crazy talk there. They are real just like wresting.

Forget comic book readers. Freaking Critics hammer so many comic book movies - they must go into them expecting academy award winning performances and forget the movies are made to be fun and entertain, not solve all the world's problems.

Now that's crazy talk there. They are real just like wresting.

Forget comic book readers. Freaking Critics hammer so many comic book movies - they must go into them expecting academy award winning performances and forget the movies are made to be fun and entertain, not solve all the world's problems.

This is what blows my mind. These are suppose to be fun, funny, cool, over the top cgi and special
effects.

Now if Superman swooped in and help Ghandi, I’d have an issue. But I go into these movies with the expectation of seeing some crazy stuff. Oh and I have 1st copies of both marvel and dc comics that my dad collected as a kid. I’ve read every comic he owned and gave me. I have yet to be disappointed by any of these movies. I even liked the original Hulk until the new marvel hulk came out.

I think it's similar to most who read books and then see the movie afterwards. But for me, comic readers are much more entrenched in what they are reading because of how invested in the series they become over time(if that makes sense).

Oh it does but when has a movie even come close to being like the book. There is always some creative lengths taken when the movies are made. But everyone enjoys things in their own way.

This is what blows my mind. These are suppose to be fun, funny, cool, over the top cgi and special
effects.

Now if Superman swooped in and help Ghandi, I’d have an issue. But I go into these movies with the expectation of seeing some crazy stuff. Oh and I have 1st copies of both marvel and dc comics that my dad collected as a kid. I’ve read every comic he owned and gave me. I have yet to be disappointed by any of these movies. I even liked the original Hulk until the new marvel hulk came out.

You seem like a very easy movie goer to impress.

You seem like a very easy movie goer to impress.

Why? Because I go into comic movies expecting cgi and over inflated special effects?

Why? Because I go into comic movies expecting cgi and over inflated special effects?

Maybe I interpreted your posts wrong, but it seems like you would be much more willing to give a pass on a poor story line for great special effects. The special effects in DC movies are on par with most movies, it's the story line and character development where the moves fall flat.

Maybe I interpreted your posts wrong, but it seems like you would be much more willing to give a pass on a poor story line for great special effects. The special effects in DC movies are on par with most movies, it's the story line and character development where the moves fall flat.

You do realize that there are entire generations that know nothing about these characters. Young kids that watch is awe of these superhero’s for the first time.

As to the develop of the characters, this could happen in later films. Aquaman could have a spin off, more money. Cyborg as well or the Flash. I thought they did a good job and the packed theatre we saw it in, clapped and cheered at the end.

You do realize that there are entire generations that know nothing about these characters. Young kids that watch is awe of these superhero’s for the first time.

As to the develop of the characters, this could happen in later films. Aquaman could have a spin off, more money. Cyborg as well or the Flash. I thought they did a good job and the packed theatre we saw it in, clapped and cheered at the end.

All the more reason for them to give more background about each character.

All the more reason for them to give more background about each character.

Give more back ground, you can’t have spin offs. As I said before, I see them doing this to broaden the fan base.

The Flash was comical in the movie.
Aqua man wasn’t like I thought he would be. That’s a good thing.

I thought there was enough description to know why they are all together.

Wife and I enjoyed it. She was laughing out loud from time to time.

The Flash was comical in the movie.
Aqua man wasn’t like I thought he would be. That’s a good thing.

I thought there was enough description to know why they are all together.

Wife and I enjoyed it. She was laughing out loud from time to time.
I have a feeling I'm going to like it. I just need time to get to the theater to watch it. This is one of those movies where I'd really like to see it in the theater.

my niece, I think she is 11, had never been to a super hero movie because she thought "they are dumb, just a bunch of guys punching each other". after JL she wants to see Wonder Woman and Batman V Superman. You nailed it (for her at least)

Give more back ground, you can’t have spin offs. As I said before, I see them doing this to broaden the fan base.

I'm of the opinion that you need to do the background first to get the audience invested in the characters.

I saw JL this weekend, and while it was entertaining, I felt like it was half-baked. Outside of the big 3 (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman), I know virtually nothing about the rest of the characters. I'm not a comic reader, but I generally see 90% of the comic book movies. I want to know more of the story of Cyborg, the Flash, and Aquaman. IMO, Marvel did it right when they built up the individual characters first, then combined them in one movie.

Another gripe.

I was a little annoyed at how the over-sexualized Wonder Woman. I'm not sure there was a scene in the movie where her body wasn't on full display. If she wasn't in her skimpy costume, she was wearing skin-tight leather pants or a dress or shirt with a plunging neckline. There was one shot where the camera had her a$$ on one half of the screen and Bruce Wayne (I think) on the other. Don't get me wrong - I'm a dude and I appreciate her beauty - but its 2017. I'm not sure we need to be forcing the sexuality down everyone's throats at all times.

my niece, I think she is 11, had never been to a super hero movie because she thought "they are dumb, just a bunch of guys punching each other". after JL she wants to see Wonder Woman and Batman V Superman. You nailed it (for her at least)

My daughter was visibly excited to see Wonder Woman, I’ve never see her like that. I think the development of the justice league will be fun to follow. Just like the black Panther in marvel. He is introduced in age of ultron and now has a highly anticipated movie about him. I see the same for aquaman, flash and cyborg.

Saw it tonight. It was hot garbage. Marvel can make Guardians of the Galaxy brilliant and WB and DC can’t make Batman or Superman tolerable.

I have seen it twice and thought it was fantastic. I love all the super hero movies, either DC or Marvel, can't get enough.

Saw it tonight. It was hot garbage. Marvel can make Guardians of the Galaxy brilliant and WB and DC can’t make Batman or Superman tolerable.

Right

Marvel has made a talking raccoon more enjoyable than Batman or Superman.

WW was again the best part followed by Cyborg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back