Justin Thomas thread

I know this thread is about Thomas, but since they've been linked ever since they were kids, get in your time machine, jump forward in time, and look back 20 years. Who had the better career?

Currently:
Thomas - 15 wins, 2 majors
Spieth - 16 wins, 3 majors

I'd make the argument it's Spieth if you cut it off today. Long term???

Last edited:
Golf Channel's been talking about his pep talk from Bones on the range after his Saturday round. I can't help but think Bones understands him and has been able to help him mentally.

Was it kinda ironic that Bones “won” the PGA championship?

Not sure who might have wanted it more.

I know this thread is about Thomas, but since they've been linked ever since they were kids, get in your time machine and look back 20 years. Who had the better career?

Currently:

Ask any up and coming young pro if they would settle for a career like these and I'll bet 90% would sign on. ;)

Was it kinda ironic that Bones “won” the PGA championship?

Not sure who might have wanted it more.
From the reporting I’d say JT. Being hard on yourself as a competitor has always been my way to see how much someone wants something. The only reason I see it like that is because that’s how I was in my past. When I wanted something badly I got hyper critical and having an outside influence to refocus my mind on the task was good for me.

I know this thread is about Thomas, but since they've been linked ever since they were kids, get in your time machine and look back 20 years. Who had the better career?

Currently:

Now, Spieth because he’s won three different Majors and is one away from the career slam.

Thomas may end up with more career wins because I think currently he’s a more complete player than Spieth.

I know this thread is about Thomas, but since they've been linked ever since they were kids, get in your time machine, jump forward in time, and look back 20 years. Who had the better career?

Currently:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Spieth will end with more majors, but JT ends with more wins..who has the better career in that scenario? I'd say JT because more wins + any number of majors takes the cake for me

Currently:

I may be remembering things wrong but I feel like Jordan has been more on/off and JT has been more consistent. I have done zero research and have no stats to back it up but that’s what my perception is. I’d lean towards JT having the better career.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Spieth will end with more majors, but JT ends with more wins..who has the better career in that scenario? I'd say JT because more wins + any number of majors takes the cake for me

Unless, of course, Spieth wins a PGA. Career Slam trumps all.

I'm happy for Bones, he at least will get paid by JT unlike when he worked for Phil Mickelson

JT frowns/pouts too much. I like watching him play golf. He seems to have found another gear recently and his last three wins are a WGC event in 20, the Players in 21 and the PGA in 22. Hope he can build off this win and get another soon!
Innnteresting.

There is FAR worse out there.

You dug back to an RLX day photo that wasn't even a frowny photo hahahahaha
My skills:
  1. Microsoft Excel
  2. Occasional puns
  3. Yelling “FORE!!!”

Innnteresting.

There is FAR worse out there.
Indeed there is. What some people see as a negative toward JT is actually him being unfairly hard on himself - and he wears it on his sleeve … and his facial expressions. Always has since his youth.

He has as much inner fire and desire as any competitor in any sport. He has worked his butt off to be great and he doesn’t cut himself any slack when he feels that he’s not performing to that standard.

I was elated to hear his comments about the Saturday night talk with Bones. If JT can soften his own self-criticism, watch out. He has all the skills and shots to be as great as he wants to be. Some positive self-talk can only help.

How many caddies have "won" the career grand slam?

Indeed there is. What some people see as a negative toward JT is actually him being unfairly hard on himself - and he wears it on his sleeve … and his facial expressions. Always has since his youth.

He has as much inner fire and desire as any competitor in any sport. He has worked his butt off to be great and he doesn’t cut himself any slack when he feels that he’s not performing to that standard.

I was elated to hear his comments about the Saturday night talk with Bones. If JT can soften his own self-criticism, watch out. He has all the skills and shots to be as great as he wants to be. Some positive self-talk can only help.
I can’t find the quote, but JT said something a few years ago about Tiger’s mentality on negative self-talk and it was really insightful. I think he has a killer mentality. If he can keep playing at this level he can develop an intimidating persona on the course when he’s in contention.

Interesting question, I assume Williams is the only one. The masters didn't allow the players to have their own caddies until 83 and Jack's son caddied in 86.. I think in the old days the players used whomever was there for the Open. My guess is Williams is the only one unless there is one that moved from player to player.

I am curious to see if this creates momentum for JT or if this will be a bit of a one off.

Interesting question, I assume Williams is the only one. The masters didn't allow the players to have their own caddies until 83 and Jack's son caddied in 86.. I think in the old days the players used whomever was there for the Open. My guess is Williams is the only one unless there is one that moved from player to player.

From what I have been able to determine, The Open and PGA allowed outside caddies beginning in 1975. The US Open followed in 76.

What a great question. My guess is not many. Steve Williams is the only one I can think of without doing research. Maybe Bones can get a US Open with JT.

Standing on 17 tee, grabs his putter out of the bag and rips the headcover off, before Zalatoris even steps up to hit his tee shot. He's a killer.

Love this list of goals from JT!

1661820040188.png

Back