Justin Thomas thread

Why is that? Due to his language incident? Like I said, he seems to me to be a likable enough guy, but, I don't follow him all that closely.
Just going off what I hear people say about him. I have no issues with him, he is a good player.

Most don't like the guy, but he played some great golf and stayed composed down the stretch.
I've never heard that...but then again the one guy I work with that talks golf, JT is his favorite golfer, so doubt I'd hear anything bad :LOL:

Most don't like the guy, but he played some great golf and stayed composed down the stretch.
I'm a guy who used to dislike the whiny persona, maybe bordering on petulant a little bit? But he's growing on me as most do over time. His game is so fun and easy to root for - in a sea of boring trackman golfers he's an artist which I love.

I'm a guy who used to dislike the whiny persona, maybe bordering on petulant a little bit? But he's growing on me as most do over time. His game is so fun and easy to root for - in a sea of boring trackman golfers he's an artist which I love.
I really like that he has a stock shot shape, but he will play draws and fades. You can see that he tries to have all 9 windows in his arsenal.

Couple years ago I was not much of a fan of JT. But over the last year or so I have grown to love his game. He gets a little wordy yes. But I can’t say I’m so different. And the “slur” incident I felt really bad for him. Goodness knows if all of us were mic’d up on the golf course dumb things would be captured as well. I think since then he has made it a point to be more open and honest in his interviews and maybe even has a bit more appreciation for his success and talent.

It was a blast to watch him down the stretch yesterday. Congrats JT! US Open should be very interesting.

I find myself rooting for him more and more these days. I like his game and I like his competitiveness on the course. That Grayson Wolf logo seems to fit him to a T haha.

Why is that? Due to his language incident? Like I said, he seems to me to be a likable enough guy, but, I don't follow him all that closely.
For me it’s just that he has a look that screams hate me. Seriously, that’s the only reason I didn’t like him in the beginning. As for the language thing, just keep the mics off around me. He’s grown on me eventually as I watched his interviews and interactions on the course. I feel bad for saying he has a punchable face within earshot of his parents. I didn’t know who they were.

He’s got a pretty adaptable game which is one of the things that swayed me. I guess as others have said he’s an artist.

Wait, what? :LOL:
It was at the Sony Open. I was talking to my son about who his favorite players were and who he didn’t like. I talked about who I liked and didn’t like. I mentioned JT has a punchable face so I didn’t like him. Older couple about 6 ft. away turned and looked at me but I didn’t think anything of it. Saw JT’s dad on the TV coverage the next day. My face looked like a kid getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I have a habit of saying dumb things in public.

It was at the Sony Open. I was talking to my son about who his favorite players were and who he didn’t like. I talked about who I liked and didn’t like. I mentioned JT has a punchable face so I didn’t like him. Older couple about 6 ft. away turned and looked at me but I didn’t think anything of it. Saw JT’s dad on the TV coverage the next day. My face looked like a kid getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar. I have a habit of saying dumb things in public.
That's a pretty good story...lol

I bet he pays Bones in a timely fashion too :)
Bones also got the flag from the 18th green. Mickelson never gave Bones the flag after a tournament win. He kept them all for his dad or granddad.

JT is a great player and an even better person. Super guy. Thrilled for him.

I find myself rooting for him more and more these days. I like his game and I like his competitiveness on the course. That Grayson Wolf logo seems to fit him to a T haha.

I'll go on the record and state for no particular reason I am not a fan. However, I respect and appreciate his game.

JT frowns/pouts too much. I like watching him play golf. He seems to have found another gear recently and his last three wins are a WGC event in 20, the Players in 21 and the PGA in 22. Hope he can build off this win and get another soon!

Great win for JT yesterday. I cant say i am a fan, but i dont hate the guy. He had an impressive round and did what he had to do to win. Gotta respect that.

Baffling how the use of one insulting word to insult himself had such repercussions and people think it defines the person.

Insults are to be insulting.

Anyhoo….

He's a smart player. He is clearly motivated by winning and winning big tournaments matter to him. He works the ball both ways, incredible with his irons and has a great touch around the greens. I like watching him hit a golf ball. I don't love everything he does, but if I were under a microscope, I wouldn't love everything I do either.

JT frowns/pouts too much. I like watching him play golf. He seems to have found another gear recently and his last three wins are a WGC event in 20, the Players in 21 and the PGA in 22. Hope he can build off this win and get another soon!
Golf Channel's been talking about his pep talk from Bones on the range after his Saturday round. I can't help but think Bones understands him and has been able to help him mentally.

I'll go on the record and state for no particular reason I am not a fan. However, I respect and appreciate his game.

totally agree, for me though it’s definitely his whiny, childish responses and the ability he has to pout like a 5yr old… I was never a fan and highly doubt I’ll ever be a fan. I will give credit to him though he is easily a top 5 player and since Bones has joined him on the loop his pouting and childishness has seemed to fade a lot… I was definitely rooting for Zalatoris for sure yesterday in the playoff

I tend to root for certain players in tournaments. Yesterday, it was Will Z. I can honestly say that I will likely never root for Thomas but I'm not disappointed or upset that he wins. He is a great golfer with a very strong resume.

Back