Kapaula Plantation Golf Course

Beautiful course. I need to get out there before I have to move off the island. Especially seeing as my greens fee would only be a little over $100. Residents do get perks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Breath taking is an understatement! Wow what a beautiful place on has to be on the bucket list :blob:

Great Pics, thank you!!....., I´m thinking in get married again in the future and play there :bicker:...., jejejejejje

I stayed at Kapalua in one of the condos and paid around $100 to play the Plantation course, that was 20 years ago. I agree 100% with your description of it.

To zombiefy a bit...anybody played here and have any idea how to get a reasonably priced round? Price with club rentals (too many layovers travelling there for me to even consider bringing my clubs) is 300-400 USD which is ~40% more Canadian. Staying nearby March 10-16 but not on a Kapalua resort.

It's difficult to get an inexpensive round at the Plantation course. If you know someone who lives on the island (and has a hawaii drivers license) you might be able to get the kamaaina (locals) rate if you play with them.

You can go to www dot kapalua dot com slash golf and sign up on their email list. You get periodic emails that show you specials, demo days and such. You can book a group lesson at their golf academy that includes a few hours of instruction, lunch and play at the Plantation or Bay courses. They run specials also, and it's a pretty good package deal, but still expensive.

You can see if any of the timeshare places have free golf at Kapalua if you sit through their sales presentation. Not an activity I'd want to do on vacation, but a lot of people do.

www dot ezlinks dot com Do a search here and you can get a decent deal for the Bay course, but I've never seen the Plantation course come up here.

also try www dot hawaiiteetimes dot com for some discounted rates. (I've never tried them, so this isn't a recommendation, just information)

Depending on where you're staying, you might talk to the concierge or manager and see if they have a connection.
Your time there is in the high season, so most rates are at their highest.

You might consider the Wailea courses such as Emerald or Gold. I've heard they're really nice. Good luck.

This thread has me dreaming of golfing in Hawaii some day, especially with the weather here in Boston so lousy at the moment.

This thread has me dreaming of golfing in Hawaii some day, especially with the weather here in Boston so lousy at the moment.

I'm 4hrs northeast of Toronto here. Snow day at school today (I still had 6 kids, boo!). Honeymooned in Maui but never considered golfing (still demand credit for this from my wife 7 years later lol). Got a ridiculously good deal to go (besides having to buy food, will be roughly the same price as my trip to a Dominican all inclusive). But no way can I do 400+ for 1 round of golf.

I'm 4hrs northeast of Toronto here. Snow day at school today (I still had 6 kids, boo!). Honeymooned in Maui but never considered golfing (still demand credit for this from my wife 7 years later lol). Got a ridiculously good deal to go (besides having to buy food, will be roughly the same price as my trip to a Dominican all inclusive). But no way can I do 400+ for 1 round of golf.

The $400 would definitely put a damper on things but I don't need to play the top course. I'm sure all the courses are beautiful there. I think a bigger problem for me would be the cross country flight and then the trip from California to Hawaii. We've been looking at resorts in Mexico, Punta Cana and Puerto Rico as closer alternatives.

The $400 would definitely put a damper on things but I don't need to play the top course. I'm sure all the courses are beautiful there. I think a bigger problem for me would be the cross country flight and then the trip from California to Hawaii. We've been looking at resorts in Mexico, Punta Cana and Puerto Rico as closer alternatives.

Travel is annoying (2 hrs to Chicago, 10 to Maui). But when not much more expensive from here (have to travel during peak times in winter, all inclusive much cheaper in non peak), the extra hours flying are well worth it. Done Punta Cana and Puerta Plata. Don't come anywhere close to Maui for us. Snorkelling is okay in DR, but Maui amazing. Golf less expensive in DR, but unless paying hundreds a round, really not impressive in my experience. Though I was quite happy to golf last 2 years bc had been 5 months since last round.

I've played there three times and they always ask for my id. They don't play around. What we do is reserve first tee time for twilight and show up and hour earlier and see if they will send us off.

I've played there three times and they always ask for my id. They don't play around. What we do is reserve first tee time for twilight and show up and hour earlier and see if they will send us off.

Thanks for tip. Thought of that and looked. By their website there's an afternoon rate (225) but no twilight during peak winter season.

Well, I've talked myself into it. If the weather is decent (lol) I'm going to play. Decided I'm going to rent clubs on the island (30 a day including delivery from 1 place). Wish I could bring my own clubs, but just not worth the stress. So I'm going to play the Royal Kaanapali course on my resort and the Plantation course. Gonna cost more than my year membership lol. I have an amazing wife!

Well, I've talked myself into it. If the weather is decent (lol) I'm going to play. Decided I'm going to rent clubs on the island (30 a day including delivery from 1 place). Wish I could bring my own clubs, but just not worth the stress. So I'm going to play the Royal Kaanapali course on my resort and the Plantation course. Gonna cost more than my year membership lol. I have an amazing wife!

Don't feel bad it's close to $100 for us locals. But it's a bucket list course. It's so fun to play. Enjoy yourself.
Aloha

Friday yet? So excited. Kaanapali Royal Sunday and Plantation course Tuesday! Weather is marginally better there too :)
C6VC1N3U4AIraqI

C6VC1NxVMAEsXAE

You'll have a great time...the whole island is beautiful, but I am partial to the Kaanapali/Kapalua area.

Amazing course. Will 100% play again despite the ~350 Canadian cost. Played well early (chip in bird on 2!) but got in trouble a few times on blind shots and where I didn't know my clubs well enough. Then kind of fell apart the last few holes. Ah well. Will make sure I have my own clubs next time. Chipped and putt well, which makes sense as I fit my putter in my bag and the rental place had the same 64* Ping wedge That is the favourite in my bag. Had a chip in, 2 more that threatened, and made 2 putts over 40 ft! Loved putting on the Bermuda. Guy playing with told me despite no visible grain, if you look at the cup and see brown on one side, the grain of that part of the green is down toward the brown side of the cup. Interesting.
C7Zx_xiUwAAqKnT

C7Zx_xkU8AEwviX

C7Zx_xnV0AAWCut

C7Zx_xsV0AAdFde

Back