Review KBS TD Driver Shaft

I might have missed it, but was this available for granddaddy guys during their fitting? Curious to see if it will be in Callaway’s shaft matrix.
Don't know. My fitter started my driver portion with a shaft in mind and moved me to one other shaft that we stuck with.

I did end up with a KBS hybrid shaft that feels great. Would some day consider this way down the road if it replicated that same stability.

Looks great! Really interested in your thoughts if you wouldn't mind sharing them!
You both swing rebar so that will be interesting to see if you get time with one.

You both swing rebar so that will be interesting to see if you get time with one.
A guy I know is the regional Callaway demo rep. He told me that he got one in for his demo bag. I may hit him up to see if he can spare it for a round this spring. I think it's a stiff flex. I don't know much about the profile. But, I'd still be able to get a feel for it.

Cool looking shaft. Have wanted to try the KBs hybrid shafts I really like the iron shafts.

Haha...I asked the guy there about it, and he didn’t remember what setup I had. He looked and said “oh. The 7-5? Yeah, that’ll be pretty stout”

Haha...I asked the guy there about it, and he didn’t remember what setup I had. He looked and said “oh. The 7-5? Yeah, that’ll be pretty stout”
If Jason says it’s stout, you know it’s rebar

I might have missed it, but was this available for granddaddy guys during their fitting? Curious to see if it will be in Callaway’s shaft matrix.

we didn’t get info on what was available. just made swings, then fitters made decisions for us.

I tried this shaft in a Mavrik head the other day. I really like how this shaft feels during my few swings with it. Very stable shaft but the weight felt lower in the shaft than my current gamer. It felt like I could sense the load better in the TD than some others I've tried in the past. I'm not sure if that exact TD shaft was a good fit for me but it did get me even more excited for the KBS Experience!

So I got one of these shafts after hearing and reading some about it. So, I bought one on a whim.

I put a KBS shaft in my SIM and it is amazing. I am absolutely loving the flight I get out of it. I ordered the shaft from the people’s club, I ordered it tipped straight in at 45.25 in length. I like it a bit longer as I naturally grip down a touch. It just feel more comfortable to me. So I am for all intents and purposes playing it right at 45 inches. I played yesterday with it and was super impressed with the ball flight.

This shaft is very different from anything I have tried before. It is heavier towards the tip (opposite of counter balances). I actually had to remove about 5 grams of weight from the head to get it to swing weight at D3. So for you out there with ping heads, that are a bit heavier as a rule, I am not sure how this shaft will work. You would have to figure out the swing weight. I am not a builder so someone more educated than me can comment on that.

It is very mid launch and low spin. The ball seems to get up in the air then flatten out and just go.

I was hitting This morning on a GCquad and the numbers were great. Hitting prov1x balls I was getting the below numbers.

launch=13.2*

spin=2175-2350’ish

ballspeed=179-181

the feel of this shaft is different as well. It is slightly boards but active at the same time and Very stable feeling. I have played the ventus blue in 7x and the hazrdus green 60 TX hulk shaft. You could say that this shaft feels like those two had a baby. Nice sensation of load like the ventus, but super stable and firm like the hulk. I dunno, that’s the best I can describe it. It is kind of in the middle of those.

I ordered min in the category 5 flex. Which is basically their TX flex and 70 grams. For a 70 gram shaft it is on the light side. Which I like a lot. Most shafts although the say 70 grams are actually on the mid to high end of the 70 number. Somewhere between 75 and 80 grams. This is 72 grams at 46 inches so I would suspect it would be right at or just under 70 grams trimmed or something like that and 2.9 degrees of torque. Perfect.. Any way I am a fan. For their first step (that I am aware of) into the driver shaft realm they did a great job.

So I got one of these shafts after hearing and reading some about it. So, I bought one on a whim.

I put a KBS shaft in my SIM and it is amazing. I am absolutely loving the flight I get out of it. I ordered the shaft from the people’s club, I ordered it tipped straight in at 45.25 in length. I like it a bit longer as I naturally grip down a touch. It just feel more comfortable to me. So I am for all intents and purposes playing it right at 45 inches. I played yesterday with it and was super impressed with the ball flight.

This shaft is very different from anything I have tried before. It is heavier towards the tip (opposite of counter balances). I actually had to remove about 5 grams of weight from the head to get it to swing weight at D3. So for you out there with ping heads, that are a bit heavier as a rule, I am not sure how this shaft will work. You would have to figure out the swing weight. I am not a builder so someone more educated than me can comment on that.

It is very mid launch and low spin. The ball seems to get up in the air then flatten out and just go.

I was hitting This morning on a GCquad and the numbers were great. Hitting prov1x balls I was getting the below numbers.

launch=13.2*

spin=2175-2350’ish

ballspeed=179-181

the feel of this shaft is different as well. It is slightly boards but active at the same time and Very stable feeling. I have played the ventus blue in 7x and the hazrdus green 60 TX hulk shaft. You could say that this shaft feels like those two had a baby. Nice sensation of load like the ventus, but super stable and firm like the hulk. I dunno, that’s the best I can describe it. It is kind of in the middle of those.

I ordered min in the category 5 flex. Which is basically their TX flex and 70 grams. For a 70 gram shaft it is on the light side. Which I like a lot. Most shafts although the say 70 grams are actually on the mid to high end of the 70 number. Somewhere between 75 and 80 grams. This is 72 grams at 46 inches so I would suspect it would be right at or just under 70 grams trimmed or something like that and 2.9 degrees of torque. Perfect.. Any way I am a fan. For their first step (that I am aware of) into the driver shaft realm they did a great job.

Matty from TXG is that you?? Those ball speeds are NUTS!
Their goal was to keep the feel of this shaft to what everyone knows with their iron shafts. They definitely got that right.

Matty from TXG is that you?? Those ball speeds are NUTS!
Their goal was to keep the feel of this shaft to what everyone knows with their iron shafts. They definitely got that right.

Not Matt haha. But thank you.

Great review Dean.. Looking forward to hearing more

launch=13.2*

spin=2175-2350’ish

ballspeed=179-181

Just stop! I don't need any more driver shafts! I don't need to hear all of these positives.

Amazing I am about to order one also, it just sounds like fun in the 60X or TX which has a bit more torque and a higher kick point if I am reading that right.

As much as I am enjoying the KBS TGI 100 irons shafts, I could see a whole bag of KBS in the future. I started to get a KBS Proto Hybrid but the GD AD DI 85H is just so good I stayed with it.

60TX is inbound, of course I had the best driving day in years today with the GD AD BB7x so sure let's try something else....stupid game.

I really need to fine one of these locally to try in the mavrik max. Have always loved what I saw out of the KBS steel and the KBS graphite hybrid, I bet these are amazing.

Shaft came in yesterday but it is a 70 TX, I guess that won't matter much. Trying to help out the local guy buying though him and let's just say Will Peoples is more reliable when you order something you get what you ask for.

Really liking the reviews on this one. I especially like the heavier toward the tip comments.

I am SOOO interested in this shaft and the fact that people say you can feel the weight in the tip more gets me wanting more and more.

I am SOOO interested in this shaft and the fact that people say you can feel the weight in the tip more gets me wanting more and more.
What shaft are u currently playing in your driver?

What shaft are u currently playing in your driver?

In the m5 i have the Tensei Orange in Stiff

In my PXG i have the Blue Even Flow in Stiff, little lower launch than i want

Back