Review KBS TD Driver Shaft

Right on, the m5 is still treating you good. I played mine all season until the last week of golf I had enough club house credit from men’s night to pick up a G410 lst. Looking forward to your thoughts on this kbs shaft once u pick it up. What head are you going to put it in?

Right on, the m5 is still treating you good. I played mine all season until the last week of golf I had enough club house credit from men’s night to pick up a G410 lst. Looking forward to your thoughts on this kbs shaft once u pick it up. What head are you going to put it in?

If i can procure one, the PXG...Gotta get it past the boos ya know

Gen 2? X or XF? Love the look of this heads

Gen 2? X or XF? Love the look of those heads

Shaft came in yesterday but it is a 70 TX, I guess that won't matter much. Trying to help out the local guy buying though him and let's just say Will Peoples is more reliable when you order something you get what you ask for.

the nice think is that these shafts are on the light side overall. So the 70 gram shaft is really like 70. Not closer to 80.

I am SOOO interested in this shaft and the fact that people say you can feel the weight in the tip more gets me wanting more and more.
Definitely has an end loaded instead of counter weighted feel.

Definitely has an end loaded instead of counter weighted feel.

And that is one thing I really liked about it as someone who prefers to play a shorter shaft.

And that is one thing I really liked about it as someone who prefers to play a shorter shaft.

it took me a long time to figure out how to explain this shaft to people. Finally I have come to say it is like a two piece end loaded softball bat. It has some flex and kick, but the end loading really adds power through the ball.

Ha ha, went and picked up the 70 TX shaft this morning and it is a 70 Cat 4 not 5.

Kind of a strange trip so far, started by ordering a 60TX he said he got in a 70TX, even though he ordered a 60TX and it turns out to be a 70X and he knows Mr. Braly personally.

I don't understand, but in these times it is not a big deal and the 70X is most likely a smarter fit for me, just odd how the communication breakdown went and I texted, emailed and made it very clear in person......60TX please. I am glad to help out a small fitter even with the changes, I will certainly try other shafts and just add this one to the GD AD XC 6S that is growing cobwebs in the garage if it doesn't work out.

It has been cut to length and adapter epoxied, this sucker is really tip heavy as some have mentioned. I am going to try back weighting with some lead tape it to start with a Z cord midsize and if it feels strange I will just put a MCC+4 mid on it.

With the Mavrik SZ head at standard length it is coming out to D6 with no back weighting, I prefer D2 or D1 and it looks like 18 grams of tape to get there which is kind of nuts with the Z cord grip. I will do some more dry fitting after the epoxy sets since I have seen the swing weight not always match up with what I see doing a loose fit and the final build, something to do while staying home and not much work happening.

Last edited:
I still need to find a category 3, probably 60s to try in the Mavrik max head!

wrapped some lead tape on the end of the butt and a couple of wraps of tape to even it all up and hit D1.5-2, feels good to the waggle test, might get out to the range in a couple of days if it is still open.

Got a round scheduled for Friday morning at one of my favorite Courses, if nothing changes (with closures) it will be a fun Course to try this shaft, the last time I played it I had a fantastic day with the GD AD BB 7X so I have good memories and know where I was getting to with the GD so if I can meet or beat that with the KBS that will be a win.

1st round this morning and I am very impressed with the Cat 4 70, missed 2 fairways with the driver and distance was on par with the GD AD BB7X I have been gaming. The shaft is kind of odd feeling wise in that there is not a lot of feeling to me, just really good results with my typical swing. I was concerned about the counter weighting I did but it felt fine as far as SW or clubhead feel went, I nearly drove the 274 Par 4 again and saw a couple that were 245-250 and just very straight.
I cannot say I felt any loading or unloading like I do with the Graphite Design but who cares if the results are good, I never did really try to crank one since I am protecting my back after overdoing it last week. But I will try to step on it Sunday if we play and see if I can get some more out of it.

One missed fairway was trying to be cute and playing a cut with the wind off a small lake and just pounded it straight as an arrrow into the lake, the other was just a piss poor swing and paid the price but still saved the par.

Always fun to take a gamble and have it work out, the 1st Drive on #1 was a thing of beauty with no warm up and piped it right down in front of the pond guarding the green leaving 102 yards in on a 336 yd hole. This was a short Course, 5900 +/- but a lot of fun to play.

Just tipped one of these with a Cobra adapter and will drop it into play next time I get a chance.

Just tipped one of these with a Cobra adapter and will drop it into play next time I get a chance.

I am definitely interested in what you think about that setup!

join the party. It’s a great shaft that is pretty unique. What category you go with?

So mixed results so far with the 70 Cat 4, tried lofting up to 11* heavy weight forward N setting this morning and saw some really good drives. Might have found the key to this beast, another round in the morning so we will see.

This whole Driver shaft thing is vexing, put the heavy weight in the back and N/S 9* and had a great driving day even into the wind. It has been up and down for the last few weeks, I am sure 98% of it is me just sucking or trying to hit it too hard but it should at least be consistent suckage not good one day and bad the next.

If the weather allows I think we will play tomorrow on a nicer but longer Course so it would be nice to have the suckage at a minimum. So the setting will stay the same and see what happens.

really want to try one of these in the M5 but its not really in the budget right now if ya know what i mean...

This whole Driver shaft thing is vexing, put the heavy weight in the back and N/S 9* and had a great driving day even into the wind. It has been up and down for the last few weeks, I am sure 98% of it is me just sucking or trying to hit it too hard but it should at least be consistent suckage not good one day and bad the next.

If the weather allows I think we will play tomorrow on a nicer but longer Course so it would be nice to have the suckage at a minimum. So the setting will stay the same and see what happens.

I would suggest with this shaft. Go get the swing weight checked. It is too heavy, that can throw things off.

I have a scale and built the shaft myself. Dead on D2 as planned, but I did have to counterweight the shaft to get it there.

It feels great, it is not the shaft it is the old Hack swinging it...but maybe by counterweighting it I changed the performance some how?

I have a scale and built the shaft myself. Dead on D2 as planned, but I did have to counterweight the shaft to get it there.

It feels great, it is not the shaft it is the old Hack swinging it...but maybe by counterweighting it I changed the performance some how?

Shouldn't. It was just my first thought. When I put this shaft in my driver. It went from D2 to D6. I had to make some adjustments to get it down to D4.

had a driver fitting yesterday and the most consistent results were with this... admittedly this was never on my radar and its why I love a proper fitting at somewhere like Club Champion or True Spec

I was never fit for the Ventus Black but figured over the last few years ive been fit in to Atmos Tour Spec Black, Ozik Black Tie, and Lin-Q gunmetal. All the shafts are your typical low spin / low launch so I figured ventus black was the next step up given all the hype. Its been good but cant say its been better than anything ive played

Im a shaft tinkerer at heart and have tried the lin-q, ventus black and blue, Accra tour z RPG, ozik black tie, rogue silver, and tensei pro white this year. obviously never really settled in to a groove with any of them

I had a +3.5 angle of attack yesterday and the kbs shaft gave me consistent 11* launch, 2100 - 2400 spin, 15 feet lower peak height on avg, all while fading the ball. Ive settled in to hitting a natural fade instead of trying to hit the pretty draw since everyone wants a draw. ive accepted my more controllable and natural flight due to my path is a fade

when going to a fitting I think you need to know whats the exact reason you're going there for? ball speed? distance? lower flight?... I wanted a shaft that gave me more consistency in terms of missing on one side. for me the KBS was not the fastest ball speed wise, but I had exactly 0 balls land left of the target line and easily the smallest dispersion circle. Also the horizontal circle was easily the best distance dispersion as well

at club champion my fitter said the KBS shaft seems to fit people the best who have a good upward angle of attack. it kept my spin in check and was a very penetrating flight. The very first half practice swing I took I said "this feels incredible"..... ordered the shaft from CC and immediately went home and ordered the 3w shaft

Back