KBS Tour 90 Shafts Review - Forum Testing

I tested these originally, and have Long said it's the best iron shaft I have ever gamed. I will soon have these in my Apex irons and I can't freaking wait.

How are these in comparison to the TT XP 95? What leads one over the other sine they have pretty close specs?

That's why flex categories are sort of an irrelevant thing. The Tour 90 step down in stiffness from the KBS Tours. Kinda like this:

Tour Stiff
Tour Regular
Tour 90 Stiff
Tour 90 Regular

My spin numbers are a little higher with these than some other high launchers.

Little bit of a thread revival here but I just picked up a set of these in Mr. 441's old Apex heads. I'm currently gaming the CFS and have seen some good results. Should I be concerned about these ballooning up on me? I originally bought the Apex irons to tinker with but was hoping these would hold up for the time being. Any thoughts are welcome. Just pondering to pass the time until they get here. :D

Little bit of a thread revival here but I just picked up a set of these in Mr. 441's old Apex heads. I'm currently gaming the CFS and have seen some good results. Should I be concerned about these ballooning up on me? I originally bought the Apex irons to tinker with but was hoping these would hold up for the time being. Any thoughts are welcome. Just pondering to pass the time until they get here. :D

I doubt it. Capt.dru just went from CFS to Tour 90s and I think he actually likes them a bit better and is getting very similar performance

I went from CFS to tour 90's earlier this year and DID see ballooning issues.

No one all around answer here, it is going to come back to the individual swing.

I wouldn't worry too much about it buddy. Coming from the stiff CFS in my G20's, I didn't see any issues other than a little higher ball flight and a little distance gain, but those are good issues to have. I have no problems holding the greens either. I think you will enjoy them. Oh, I put them in a set of JPX 800 Pro's if that helps any.

Last edited:
They launch higher, and the definitely spin more. Their biggest likeness with many is that they both are considered to play on the weaker side of flex, which is overthought by most anyways.

It will come back to the swing. There is no one correct answer as to be concerned or not.

IMO the CFS are much more comparative to an R flex KBS tour, but that's just with a ton of use and years of trying to find what they're comparable to because I enjoyed them so much.

Back