KBS Tour or KBS Tour 90

paintitblack85

Reaction score
Handicap
I am currently playing with my Mizuno JPX 800 Pro irons with the Dynamic Gold R300 Shafts. My Driver Swingspeed is around 94 MPH and i hit my 7 iron around 150 yards. I really like the DG R300 shaft but i think i could use a just a little higher launching shaft. which shaft would you guys recommend. How about the KBS tour or the KBS tour 90. Would the Tour 90 be too high launching? Since fitting options in switzerland are very rare and expensive i thaught maybe you guys could help me.
I am 28 years old and started golf about 1 year ago. i am around a 20 hcp right now.

If you like the weight and feel of the DG shafts, I would say grab the KBS Tours. While I love the 90s, they will feel quite light coming from TT 300 series.

Thanks on your advice. That's exactly what i thaught. I like the heavier DG shafts but could maybe use a little more launch. It's just a shame we haven't got the fitting opportunities like you guys in the US have :confused2:

Any more ideas?

I put a KBS 90 S flex in a wedge and absolutely love it. I believe the KBS 90 S weighs in at 102 grams. The KBS tour R weighs 110 grams and should play a bit firmer than the 90 S.

My swings speeds are comparable to yours. The shaft allows me to swing smooth and launch the ball fairly high.

Either shaft should work fine for you.

If your looking for just a slightly higher launch, then the KBS Tours are probably the way to go. If you really like the feel of the DGs you could possibly look at something like the DG SL, but other than that from TT there isn't much that would offer only a slight change in launch. Maybe PX 5.0? I honestly think the KBS Tours may be your best bet.

If you like the weight and feel of the DG shafts, I would say grab the KBS Tours. While I love the 90s, they will feel quite light coming from TT 300 series.

Agreed. I had the 90s in my last set and hey we're very light. But that was good for me as I've lost a bit of SS and I didn't have to work as hard with them late in the round.

Thank you guys for your advice. I think i'll go with the kbs tour. sounds like a good alternative to me.

Only real way you are going to know what works and what doesn't for you personally is to test each of them. I appreciate this isn't an option for you, but going on feedback from others is never going to be fool proof sadly.

From my point of view the Tour 90 shafts in my RocketBladez have been absolutely outstanding. I have always tended to hit a little lower, but the Tour 90 shafts combined with the RocketBladez have given me a much better shot shape and far more stopping power with shorter irons into the green.

I prefer the Tour as well, 90 seems a bit light. I've had the KBS Tour stiff in three sets and every time I try something else I long for them.

Im one who actually prefered the 90s over the tour. Because of this ive started gravitating towards lighter weight shafts. The 90s just shoot the ball into the air with ease perfect for nice soft landings.

Back