Kinetixx Ballistic and Ballistic TP Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought it would be good to start a thread on this as I have recently put the Ballistic in my driver and after about half a dozen times out really like what I am seeing. Both shafts are filament wound and vacuum cured construction.

Mid flight is what I am seeing and a feel that is really unique. Anybody else using one?

BALLISTIC-Driver-MODEL-KG70-D.jpg
BALLISTIC-TP-DRIVER-MODEL-KGTP75-D.jpg

I've been pondering putting one of these (or a Launch) in my 3w. I'm not 100% on which might be better and why, but planning to ask some questions and find out.

those look crazy awesome.

I really want to try one

I want one purely off the looks but there are so few reviews out there I haven't pulled the trigger. Hoping @e1iterate can give me some guidance too.

I tried one of these in my fitting. It didn’t fit my swing although my swing was not great that day. But it was hands down the best looking shaft I swung!

Thanks for starting this JB and for the tag @baylrballa. I’ll share some thoughts today when I can get settled into work.

Thought it would be good to start a thread on this as I have recently put the Ballistic in my driver and after about half a dozen times out really like what I am seeing. Both shafts are filament wound and vacuum cured construction.

Mid flight is what I am seeing and a feel that is really unique. Anybody else using one?

View attachment 9013916
View attachment 9013917
I’ve actually been rocking a Ballistic fairway model in my Mizuno ST-Z 5w the past couple months and it’s been a much more fun experience than I anticipated. Im seeing EASY mid-high but with a lower spin rate that truthfully breaks my mind given the flow and kick of the shaft in the swing.

Interesting timing for this thread. I was just thinking about these last night and considering grabbing one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Here is my current set up.

B93BE2E3-F520-497B-8555-6746E50DECA6.jpeg
89ADA1DD-C0FC-4794-B376-069C9A09499F.jpeg

These sure are eye-catching! That wrap is fantastic!

unique feel is for sure part of Kinetixx shafts.. It is really hard to describe. It is soft feeling and active yet incredibly stable..

unique feel is for sure part of Kinetixx shafts.. It is really hard to describe. It is soft feeling and active yet incredibly stable..
Good way to describe it. This one in D40 is a little less active but still has a kick.

What shaft(s) would you generally compare it to for those characteristics?

What shaft(s) would you generally compare it to for those characteristics?

Shesh.. Hard for me to say there is not much out there I could compare it to.. Ventus red maybe.. but it is totally different at the same time.

I officially have 45 holes with this shaft in now. Another 36 coming this weekend.

The feel was a little different at first, but after a few swings, I couldn’t tell anything different. It is very stable through the whole swing whether I go hard or smooth. I do think swinging hard is better with this shaft and I’ll share thoughts on that.

My typical ball flight is either straight or a nice cut with the driver. I’d personally like to see the ball move left to right though. When I’ve tried being a bit more smooth with my swing, I’ve noticed more blocking to the right. I really think I’m just leaving the face open because I’m making solid contact around the center of the face. When I go hard, I can pretty much count on it moving left to right and keep it in play.

Recently I’ve been playing much better as my handicap had gotten all the way up to a 12 and now down to 9.4. Ironically this was all after the original shaft I was fitted into broke.

Distance wise, I haven’t noticed any gains or losses, but it’s pretty consistent with other shafts I’ve used.

The thing I love about it is I can commit to swinging and know left is pretty much out of play. The one thing I’d like is being able to smooth it and not see the block slice type shot, but I just need to not swing like a pansy.

For anyone on the fence, give this a go. Customer service is top notch. They stand behind the product and it performs.

I’ll share how this weekend goes too. Hit me with any questions.

Last edited:
I officially have 45 holes with this shaft in now. Another 36 coming this weekend.

The feel was a little different at first, but after a few swings, I couldn’t tell anything different. It is very stable through the whole swing whether I go hard or smooth. I do think swinging hard is better with this shaft and I’ll share thoughts on that.

My typical ball flight is either straight or a nice cut with the driver. I’d personally like to see the ball move left to right though. When I’ve tried being a bit more smooth with my swing, I’ve noticed more blocking to the right. I really think I’m just leaving the face open because I’m making solid contact around the center of the face. When I got hard, I can pretty much count on it moving left to right and keep it in play.

Recently I’ve been playing much better as my handicap had gotten all the way up to a 12 and now down to 9.4. Ironically this was all after the original shaft I was fitted into broke.

Distance wise, I haven’t noticed any gains or losses, but it’s pretty consistent with other shafts I’ve used.

The thing I love about it is I can commit to swinging and know left is pretty much out of play. The one thing I’d like is being able to smooth it and not see the block slice type shot, but I just need to not swing like a pansy.

For anyone on the fence, give this a go. Customer service is top notch. They stand behind the product and it performs.

I’ll share how this weekend goes too. Hit me with any questions.
What flex did you go with vs the shaft which shall not be named prior?

I'm very happy that this is working out for you. Next time I'm in the market for a shaft, I'll have to give Kinetixx a good look. I like companies who do right by my friends.

When I’ve tried being a bit more smooth with my swing, I’ve noticed more blocking to the right. I really think I’m just leaving the face open because I’m making solid contact around the center of the face. When I go [at i]t hard, I can pretty much count on it moving left to right to left a little and keep it in play.

That's what I was trying to say in the "Tired Miss" thread.

I put a Ballistic TP kgtp75 d50 in my driver and after playing quite a few rounds with it, I feel like my misses are not nearly as bad and I like my ball flight with this shaft.

I put a Ballistic TP kgtp75 d50 in my driver and after playing quite a few rounds with it, I feel like my misses are not nearly as bad and I like my ball flight with this shaft.
Thats fun. I love when a good experiment pans out.

Thats fun. I love when a good experiment pans out.

Yes, when you go to a long drive event and what seems like 90% of the pros are using their shafts it makes you think there must be something there. As far as I can tell they are doing some good things.

Spoke too soon about going left 😂😂😂

Yesterday made for a bit of an adventure, but made some adjustments and did solid.

Started on 15 yesterday. Here is a breakdown of my misses and fairways.

15 - Middle
18 - Left
1 - Left
2 - Right
3 - Middle
9 - Left
11 - Middle
12 - Middle
14 - Middle

Got a few more thoughts to share. Will get the kiddo dropped off and settled and give some additional thoughts.

Back