Kuchar's caddie quits ?

DG_1234

Reaction score
Handicap
Tour caddie John Wood no longer wants to caddie for Kuchar.

He can always call on his caddie from Mayakoba to carry his bag.

wow this certainly seems like a bad look for kuch. one down year doesn’t seem like enough to end a 5-year partnership. and kuch has made lots of money over the years so i’m assuming his caddie has done well. sounds like a personality conflict that came to a head. i suppose it could be covid related if the caddie isn’t comfortable with the gig any longer.

Wood is an occasional contributor on golf.com and seems like a thoughtful and reasonable fellow. I always enjoy his viewpoints. I’m sure the split is less dramatic than some may be thinking it to be.

Everyone needs a change time to time. Maybe he contributes his caddy for the fact that he isn’t swing the club for him.

How old is this caddie? Can't do it forever, either. Unless your name is "Fluff."

How old is this caddie? Can't do it forever, either. Unless your name is "Fluff."
He just hits up the caddie shacks for some magic stuff to keep him going.

While it has been a down year for Kuchar he is still in the playoffs and has made $1.5M. Pretty good for a down year. It would seem risky to give up that bag if he plans to still caddie on tour.

Can’t help but wonder if he’s gonna make himself available for one of the new young stars coming out of college next few years.

Can’t help but wonder if he’s gonna make himself available for one of the new young stars coming out of college next few years.

In his nearly 20 years on Tour John Wood has caddied for Mark Calcavechia,Chris Riley, KevinSutherland, Hunter Mahan, and Kuchar.

You hope so right .. seems like he has a lot of experience and built quite the knowledge of his craft

In his nearly 20 years on Tour John Wood has caddied for Mark Calcavechia,Chris Riley, KevinSutherland, Hunter Mahan, and Kuchar.

Good resume for someone named Ollie or Tyler. Never know.

Caddies gotta do what he’s gotta do,

I was very surprised to read about this divorce this morning. I was sure the first comment would be related to compensation.

Apparently Kuchar has hired Tour caddie Brian Reed to carry the bag next season. In the past 20 years Reed has worked for several players, including Kuchar for a bit, Martin Laird, Chez Reavie, and most recently Kyle Stanley.

I think its funny that in golf, Matt Kuchar is a "bad boy." :LOL:
Compare to other sports. :cool:

Tour caddie John Wood no longer wants to caddie for Kuchar.

Save the drama fo' yo' Mama!

Back